Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

15384416_10154817301301974_8736593408649378138_o.jpg

It's been said before, but it's a good time to be a Star Wars fan. Rogue One looks like it has a great cast, a fantastic Star Wars premise (I remember wondering how they managed to get those plans when I was nine years old), and people in charge of the whole operation that seem to really care about making quality entertainment. Can't wait to see this one, looks like a lot of fun.

Thank you! Go back and watch that show, now. That character had more wisdom and foresight than he's EVER been credited for. Brilliant writing.

I agree, great show and Archie was great a character for a lot of reasons (and I had a couple of uncles in the 70's who were a lot like him). But part of the joke was that Archie was a guy firmly stuck in a romanticized version of the past. And he stubbornly refused to acknowledge anybody with a different p.o.v without labelling them a "pinko, commie, liberal, meathead." That's a pretty severe case of tunnel vision.

Thank you! Go back and watch that show, now. That character had more wisdom and foresight than he's EVER been credited for. Brilliant writing.

So was al bundy :). there are people like this now :)

- - - Updated - - -

getting back on topic..i've learned not to trust reviews from any major publication after the feigbusters debacle. it's all so slanted these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah thats it. Thats totally the reason. :rolleyes

don't worry about him, he's just perpetually grumpy ;o)..

wears thin even on me ;o)

So, not that i trust reviews, what's the general level of feeling on this one?

also, without spoiling anything... just how many minutes is vader actually in this one?
i 'm surprised he got as much screen time in rebels as he did.

don't worry about him, he's just perpetually grumpy ;o)..

wears thin even on me ;o)

So, not that i trust reviews, what's the general level of feeling on this one?

also, without spoiling anything... just how many minutes is vader actually in this one?
i 'm surprised he got as much screen time in rebels as he did.

It's a winner! Looking forward to seeing the reviews on Wed. I'm expecting a very high Rotten Tomatoes score. I say 5min of Vader screen time. Assuming you ever see this post!

Personally, I just thought the Trade Federation sounded dumb with an accent period. And I did get an Asian vibe at that time when first hearing the voice. Also Binks with some Rasta Jamaican accent was too much. It's the exaggeration of a stereotype that gets you in trouble. Wtf, they all have to sound like that? Just because Jango actor is NZ Maori (?), I don't think all Mandos are. His character just was.

From that last Rebels episode with the Mando guy, it looks like Lucasfilm is keeping the old EU idea that Mandalorians aren't one race, but many. The concept is that if you're adopted by a Mandalorian, or you choose to become one, you're a Mandalorian. So there's no problem going forward for anyone, including aliens, to be Mandalorians.

The hype we are dealing with here is...immeasurable. I am so excited for this the more I hear about it, the better it sounds.

By the way is there a general star wars thread here? Just for anything and everything star wars? I think it might be useful, it might cut down on the big sidetrack discussions in the main movie threads.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back