Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

re: Star Wars Standalone Film (Dir: Gareth Edwards)

5HgaeRM.jpg

If they do do a Vader film, they had better not put Christiansen in the suit.

Also James Earl Jones has to do the voice, but that goes without saying.

On an unrelated note, if there is a long drawn out "NOOOOOO, I will be most displeased.

When it comes to a Vader stand alone film, all I can think of is a story that has elements of a certain LucasArts game with a secret apprentice.

I've read that he's interested in going down that road again...

He was quoted last week in an audio clip while doing a press junket in Australia he would be up for reprising the voice over role again.

I think this goes back to what Lucas said about ROTS, that people really wanted to see Anakin as a kid who tortured puppies and then have a whole movie of Vader just going around killing people. I think that would be kind of lame. I think the way things stand, Vader comes off as someone to be pitied because he goes from a slave to Jedi and now he's a slave again.

Vader movie.

Helmet does not come off for the entire movie. Not even a hint of removing it.

Entire plot is Vader hunting down the Jedi who survived Order 66.

This one ends way darker than TESB or ROTS.

Credits.

With revised helmet/mask/suit/armor that's closer to the OT than the prequel version, wonky nature and all...

Vader movie.

Helmet does not come off for the entire movie. Not even a hint of removing it.

Entire plot is Vader hunting down the Jedi who survived Order 66.

This one ends way darker than TESB or ROTS.

Credits.

That's part of why I would like to see him between ROTS and SW.

In SW he was a guy with a reputation, at the end of ROTS nobody but the Emperor, Obi, and Yoda knows who he is. Let's see him being an evil ******* and building that reputation.

As long as there isn't any late night crying in his isolation chamber...

Exactly. I always thought Episode III should have been him transforming from Anakin to Vader at the beginning and the rest of the movie featuring him hunting down the Jedi and becoming the galaxy's #1 badass. :cool

Exactly. I always thought Episode III should have been him transforming from Anakin to Vader at the beginning and the rest of the movie featuring him hunting down the Jedi and becoming the galaxy's #1 badass. :cool

No argument from me! :thumbsup

EDIT: I'm conflicted on a Vader movie because you don't usually have a movie wit ha villain as the star. An Vader needs to be the villain. We can't have any hints of "he's really a nice guy deep down" because that takes away from the ANH Vader.

--------------------
Original reply that came before reading the 15 pages ahead of me:
--------------------
There's no way they'd lead off with an "unknown" like Kyle Katarn. Sure he's an established character in the EU but the average ticket buyer has never heard of him. Mace Windu is even too "unknown".

So to me there's 3 choices that make sense from a business angle: Boba Fett, Yoda, and Chewbacca. As much as I'd like to see a young Solo, I could see a Lando & Chewie movie doing well. It would have to have that fun buddy-film-banter like Han & Chewie (or Jack Sparrow & Will Turner, or heck even the Lethal Weapon's Riggs & Murtaugh feel). Would need to be done right. And I don't know if we can trust Disney to do that.

Yoda, to me, should be left alone. I didn't even want to see him battle Sidious in EPIII.

Boba Fett could have an Iron Man type feel to it. Young bad ass, in a cool suit, being a "good guy" bounty hunter rounding up scum for fun & profit.

Last edited:

There's not way they'd lead off with an "unknown" like Kyle Katarn. Sure he's an established character in the EU but the average ticket buyer has never heard of him. Mace Windu is even too "unknown".

So to me there's 3 choices that make sense from a business angle: Boba Fett, Yoda, and Chewbacca. As much as I'd like to see a young Solo, I could see a Lando & Chewie movie doing well. It would have to have that fun buddy-film-banter like Han & Chewie (or Jack Sparrow & Will Turner, or heck even the Lethal Weapon's Riggs & Murtaugh feel). Would need to be done right.

It could be like B.J. and the Bear in Space!

EDIT: I'm conflicted on a Vader movie because you don't usually have a movie wit ha villain as the star. An Vader needs to be the villain. We can't have any hints of "he's really a nice guy deep down" because that takes away from the ANH Vader.

There's been debate at times over in the Episode VII thread about the direction in which Star Wars should be heading: new characters versus the classic characters. In the case of new stand alone movies, Darth Vader should be seen again and, of course, should remain the villain, but a new story arc featuring new heroes in the times between Episodes III and IV would be the perfect (and only, really) place to put him. That twenty year stretch could be full of intrigue with new characters dominating the action, but with Vader in the background hunting the Jedi and Palpatine orchestrating the ascendance of the empire.

Seeing as the first stand alone flick is set for after VII, it's quite possible that one or both are about characters we haven't even seen yet but will appear in VII.

There's no way they'd lead off with an "unknown" like Kyle Katarn. Sure he's an established character in the EU but the average ticket buyer has never heard of him. Mace Windu is even too "unknown".

I wouldn't start out with it, but I think the story could be cool because he's an interesting character. I would rather see his adventures pre-Jedi (Dark Forces period) when he was a merc though. Still I'd be happy if they just had him standing around in the background of Episode VII!

Yoda, to me, should be left alone. I didn't even want to see him battle Sidious in EPIII.

Right. I think Yoda should be kept a mystery. One of the newer SW reference books, says Yoda's species is unknown and rarely seen, so let's keep the mystery there.

Boba Fett could have an Iron Man type feel to it. Young bad ass, in a cool suit, being a "good guy" bounty hunter rounding up scum for fun & profit.

That could be cool, but in the back of your mind you'll keep thinking that a blind guy with a pole took him out. :lol

Seeing as the first stand alone flick is set for after VII, it's quite possible that one or both are about characters we haven't even seen yet but will appear in VII.

Or... Instead of the young Han Solo adventures it's the OLD Han Solo adventures!!! :lol

Right. I think Yoda should be kept a mystery. One of the newer SW reference books, says Yoda's species is unknown and rarely seen, so let's keep the mystery there.

I agree on Yoda but for different reasons though. I think that he should be left alone not to keep him a mystery but because I don't find him to be that interesting of a character that we need a whole movie devoted to him and/or his backstory. Yoda served a purpose as a second mentor/teacher to Luke and he was find as that but that's all I really see him as and that's all I need to know about him, anything else would likely not add anything to the character. The same goes for Jabba, he's also a side character and minor villain that's sort of the arch nemesis to Han, that and he's a major crime boss is all there really is to the character and all we need to know; anything is pure fluff and serves no practical purpose.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back