Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

re: Star Wars Standalone Film (Dir: Gareth Edwards)

I don't think they'll base the standalone films on new characters until they see whether VII-IX are well received. Because of the schedule they'll have to be in production before VII even comes out.

The "safest" bets for them at this moment are either Boba or young Han & Chewie IMO.

That's not to say I want them but I find them the most likely for the first standalone at least.

The "safest" bets for them at this moment are either Boba or young Han & Chewie IMO.

That's not to say I want them but I find them the most likely for the first standalone at least.

Agreed but can still dream of a post episode 3 Vader stand alone. Or at least an appearance in a Boba Fett movie

The same goes for Jabba, he's also a side character and minor villain that's sort of the arch nemesis to Han, that and he's a major crime boss is all there really is to the character and all we need to know; anything is pure fluff and serves no practical purpose.

We can follow that reasoning to a conclusion that NONE of the characters aside from the main four or five are relevant enough to warrant any sort of development and story line of their own...

One of the fascinating things about Star Wars has always been how fans have taken even the most obscure of characters and created cult followings around them, and Lucasfilm itself has gone to lengths to give some sort of backstory to them as well. I think it's safe to say that there'd be a following and interest in whatever/whomever is ultimately put on screen. Maybe not to us OT acolytes, but we're only a percentage of the lot.

I really want to see a series of movie about what Jar Jar Binks was doing during ep 4-5-6. He was one of the key characters in the PT and was the one responsible to give palpatine the power over the republic.

I really want to see a series of movie about what Jar Jar Binks was doing during ep 4-5-6. He was one of the key characters in the PT and was the one responsible to give palpatine the power over the republic.

He was executed immediately following the events of Ep 3. There was much celebrating.

I've only seen season 1 of the clone wars (plus the movie) I don't know if Ahsoka could carry a film, but I bet it would get the kids into the theater. My daughter used to get irked with me when she watched the show, at the end of every episode I'd say "too bad Anakin is going to cut off her head at the end of the series" ;). Did she get killed in the show yet? :lol

I've only seen a few episodes of CW but I think Asoka could hold her own animated film, not a live action though. It would definitely be targeted towards younger audiences, nothing wrong with a bit of that.

Oh, and to the best of my knowledge she's still alive and kicking. :lol

I think they should leave the animated stuff for TV, to many "cartoon" movies will just cheapen the franchise (IMO). I like Ahsoka but everytime I see her with Anakin my inner voice yells "don't trust that ********!" :lol I'll always see him as a villain. ;)

I think they should leave the animated stuff for TV, to many "cartoon" movies will just cheapen the franchise (IMO). I like Ahsoka but everytime I see her with Anakin my inner voice yells "don't trust that ********!" :lol I'll always see him as a villain. ;)

:lol

No argument from me and to be honest from what I've seen she's quite annoying in her own right. I'm just saying what I think "could" happen, not what should. :)

The Clone Wars was well done but I think they should do away with the animated bit altogether. In my mind, this was only a stand-in absent any live action fare. Now that we're getting live action, the cartoons should be given a rest.

The Clone Wars was well done but I think they should do away with the animated bit altogether. In my mind, this was only a stand-in absent any live action fare. Now that we're getting live action, the cartoons should be given a rest.

If I'm not mistaken CW is being wrapped up (if it hasn't been already).

I've only seen season 1 of the clone wars (plus the movie) I don't know if Ahsoka could carry a film, but I bet it would get the kids into the theater. My daughter used to get irked with me when she watched the show, at the end of every episode I'd say "too bad Anakin is going to cut off her head at the end of the series" ;). Did she get killed in the show yet? :lol

If you've only seen Season 1, you're only really taking into account about 1/4 of her character development. She doesn't get killed in the show, and we may not ever find out what happens to her, due to the cancellation of Clone Wars, the ending of season 5 set up an Ahsoka cliffhanger.

I think she'd absolutely carry a feature film. But the problem with doing that with her character is that you'd have to cater to the lowest common denominator; fans of the show will know her back story, but Disney can't assume that everyone will.

Plus, what, are they going to re-cast Anakin? I guess they couldn't do worse than Hayden did with it (shame about that too, because he's certainly not an awful actor in other things).

Ahsoka is annoying as hell in the Clone Wars movie, but as the series goes on she's a little bad*ss. I don't think I'd want to see a whole movie about her hiding from Vader.

From The Star Wars News Roundup - 4.26.13 - ComingSoon.net:

Continuing the trend of asking "Star Trek" actors if they'd like to join J.J. Abrams on "Star Wars," Examiner asked Jonathan Frakes about his feelings on the subject:

Frakes: I think JJ has been brilliant with the reboot. His work is astounding. I love the first movie, and I’m really excited about the second one, and I can tell from the trailer it’s going to be spectacular. I’m a big JJ fan, and I think the franchise is in good hands, and I think Star Wars is lucky to have him as well. The idea of Next Gen working its way into his franchise is hard to imagine, but not impossible, so I’m certainly hopeful that at least one of us will show up in his movies.

Young: So if JJ called you up and asked you to switch teams and be in Star Wars, would you follow that direction?

Frakes: In a heartbeat… In a heartbeat.

And I know what character he'd be perfect for...Talon Karrde.

<<Young: So if JJ called you up and asked you to switch teams and be in Star Wars, would you follow that direction?

Frakes: In a heartbeat… In a heartbeat.>>

Ha! He knows that Star Wars is where the real action is! :p

J/K... I like Jonathan Frakes and Star Trek. :p

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back