RoG announces new X-Wing kit!

Thanks for the pics and mini review. Sadly this kit amounts to nothing more than an unassembled toy...

maybe in the future we'd get some other subject they can be inaccurate with year after year. maybe a halfway decent republic gunship in 1/48 or 1/35?
and does the skill level rating ever go higher than 2?
maybe video games and texting really are the reason for kids being "all thumbs" here in the states lol

Last edited:
Looks like the usual Reve;l deal to be honest, you get what you pay for: mediocre, but fantastic potential for any modeller with half a brain. I'll prolly have to pick one of these up; anyone know pricing/availability in the UK?

maybe in the future we'd get some other subject they can be inaccurate with year after year. maybe a halfway decent republic gunship in 1/48 or 1/35?
maybe video games and texting really are the reason for kids being "all thumbs" here in the states lol

I guess Revell continuing year after year this range of Easy Kit products is pretty much telling as it must sell pretty well and the other reason is certainly because they are selling less and less real model kits which require painting and gluing parts, so yes it's likely a large chunk of kids these days don't want to bother with building models other than snapping parts together and be done with it. Personally, I hope this X-Wing model proves to be a success so that they can produce other SW models in this scale (roughly 1/30), you just need to consider them as a slightly better Hasbro product without the nonsensical scale problems of a 3/4 inch figure that needs to fit in the cockpit.

Haystack Hair: The kit doesn't seem to be available in UK yet, for the pricing I think you can count on a 40£ price tag (I've seen it on the Forbidden Planet website) maybe lower when the kit becomes largely available (likely you'll get a better price on amazon.co.uk).

Last edited by a moderator:
Revel did a good job with their similar scaled TIE fighter last year, so I was hoping for more from this X-Wing. It still has potential with some work, or maybe a lot of work, still disappointing. Thanks for the review.

I don't know for you but here in France the latest 2013 Hasbro X-Wing (Red 3) is priced around 70-80 euros for in my opinion a model inferior to the Revell one not only in some details but also in scale accuracy because the model needs to accomodate itself to the range of Hasbro figures. So for me Revell would be the best option: less expensive and slightly better.

Sadly it seems to be more us than anyone, over in japan model kits are still huge from snap tight up to horrifically detailed uber expensive mecha kits. I think it's a cultural thing. I should ask my friend since she's from japan.

Would like to see the fuse laid side by side wih the AMT/ERTL Pro-Shop version...

- - - Updated - - -

Still love this photo, though it is no longer complete:

Comp001.JPG

--FM original
--ERTL smallest
--ERTL "stardard"
--ERTL Pro-Shop
--Hasbro FX
--Capt. Cardboard
--Maxi-Brute model rocket

Missing:
--FM 1/48
--RoG 1/30
--Salzo SS kit
--Rodmart SS kit
--Icons
--eFx

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back