Robocop Reboot (Pre-release)

TBH, the reaction of people to this movie and trailer is a lot better than the actual trailer. It's funny how badly people want to see this flop.

I just watched the trailer. I think it will be a really cool movie and make a zillion dollars.

...in an alternate universe where the original never existed!

Well, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, however it is clear from the trailer that the silver suit looks WAY better than the black version. I will see this but the PG13 rating is killing it already for me.

Definitely. I would have even accepted a "stealth mode" where the suit could change color than just being black for the rest of the movie.

I like the look of some of the scenes, like right in the beginning where you can see a few ED-209s walking down the middle of the street.

I hate SLJ's hair... and pretty much the rest of him too. I'm not sold on Keaton either. I liked the old OCP executives... much stuffier and shady. God that was such a great movie. Think I'm gonna get on Amazon right now and buy it.

Definitely not sold on Kinneman. I still think he was a weird choice. Especially when you invariably will compare him to Weller who was INSANE awesome.

That said... I'll see it.

after seeing the trailer half my brain is like "OK the suit is pretty cool" but the other half is like "lose the arm"

guess I'll have to wait to see which side prevails

I'm up in the air. The reimagined silver costume isn't to bad looking but the black suit kills it. (as does the exposed hand).

Once I saw Samuel L Jackson in it, It was down hill from there. How will he act in it. It's PG-13 so he can't drop his 5000 F-Bombs like he does in all his films.

I don't like what I'm seeing at all so far. Frankly, subsequent trailers will have to freaking knock my socks off for me to have any interest whatsoever in this.

Trailer looks OK.

Silver suit is really nice, but as others have said before, the black doesn't look as good.

If anything the inclusion of the long absent Michael Keaton may get me to see this.

Pleasently surprised by the trailer. I like that this isn't a remake but an actual reboot with a different story that has a very different focus. This trailer is the first thing I have seen that has actually given me hope for this film. As so many others have said... the hand to represent his humanity is just an odd choice.

I will say that I went into the trailer with a closed mind. I love the original. Nothing will top it. After my first viewing I looked at my wife and said something along the lines of 'Wtf did they do to Robocop?"

After a few minutes I rewatched it and paid more attention to it and pretended that it was a fresh concept, reimagined. I was left with one thought:

It's either going to be god awful, or it's going to be incredible.

Edit:
What's with the Iron Man style helmet closing effect? I'm assuming with how they described the suit being a separate entity from his body they are going for a 'when the suit feels threatened, it goes into lock down for battle automatically' effect.

Also, why did they make his gun a CGI pos? Why couldn't they just give him a badass, REAL, handgun? I would have preferred a modernized version of the original, not that mini mp5 looking thing.

Last edited:
I really feel like this movie is going to be a generic sci-fi film that doesn't come close to capturing the heart and soul of the original. They didn't need to do a scene-for-scene remake, but this movie just looks weak.

What's with the Iron Man style helmet closing effect? I'm assuming with how they described the suit being a separate entity from his body they are going for a 'when the suit feels threatened, it goes into lock down for battle automatically' effect.

Also, why did they make his gun a CGI pos? Why couldn't they just give him a badass, REAL, handgun? I would have preferred a modernized version of the original, not that mini mp5 looking thing.

Well... at least they don't leave you with the "where did the black chin cup go?" engima of the original. Reember the super memorable scene in the warehouse where he unscrewed the bolts out of his head and removed his helmet.

I never got that... and later accepted the fact that the director just though the audience was too stupid to catch it.

I just watched the trailer. I think it will be a really cool movie and make a zillion dollars.

...in an alternate universe where the original never existed!
This. If the original Robocop had never existed and this movie was a new concept, people would probably be going crazy over it. In my opinion the one thing it might have going for it is the fact that, based on that trailer, they appear to be taking a more serious approach to the story rather than trying to re-create the cynicism and snide social commentary that was so prevalent in the original.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back