Robocop Reboot (Pre-release)

I read some redeeming qualities in this film.

1. He goes back to silver. Very important, lest the fanboys choke on their own disbelief.
2. It deals with relevant issues while maintaining some old themes, like government and corporations, etc.
3. Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton.
4. Kinneman is not a bad actor. I liked his cameo in Safehouse.
New Robocop movie to explore the themes the first Robocop took care of

A positive review in the comments section at io9. I hate that I keep feeling a tug to see this, because I reeeaaallly object to a remake. I feel like a guy trying to decide if he's going to try and work things out with his cheating wife. Except with robots.

I just checked out the OST on amazon as i wanted to see what they did with the main theme. They want 1.29 for each mp3 with none over 4 minutes long and the original theme is 50 seconds long. That pretty much seems to sum up the entire movie right there as they didn't even use it as the closing theme for the credits. I'll buy it in 6 months on amazon used for 3.00 or less.

I'm guessing part of the problem is there isn't enough story in the source material to flesh out an entire movie... hence SHORT story. Have you read any of the Phillip K Dick short stories.... they almost always kind of cliffhangers. I see most of those stories as great material for shows like The Outer Limits, but to make a full scale film they really need to add more to it.

what i've never understood is why they never put the exact stories that are in the novels or short stories in the same way for the film.

They always have to mess around with characters, whether its names or something, and sometimes combining characters for no reason eg that Total Recall remake.

Why can't they put the exact short stories onto film exactly the way they were written? Isn't that the whole point of the story, to see it in film format without any changes?

you always get these stupid changes for no apparent reason.

Another big reason why the changes is that oftentimes what works in or for a book doesn't always work for TV or movies, they're very different mediums and works in one doesn't always work in the other. Take characters for instance, in a book you can have as many characters as you think that your readers can handle, however in TV show or a movie every character you have means an actor to play that role and actors cost money so sometimes you have to combine characters in order to save money and/or screen time. As far as story goes, it's a matter of time, in a book you pretty much have as many pages as you need to tell your story but you only have so much time to tell it on screen and if you were to try to adapt a novel 100% faithfully then you'll wind up with something like 6 - 8 hour long movie or something to that effect.

Has anyone seen this yet?

OurRobocopRemake.com

Our RoboCop Remake is a crowd-sourced film project based on the 1987 Paul Verhoeven classic. Connected through various filmmaking channels (including Channel 101) we're 50 filmmakers (amateur and professional) from Los Angeles and New York who have split the original RoboCop into individual pieces and have remade the movie ourselves. Not necessarily a shot-for-shot remake, but a scene-for-scene retelling. As big fans of the original RoboCop, and as filmmakers and film fans admittedly rolling our eyes at the Hollywood remake machine, we've elected to do this remake thing our own way.
Our RoboCop Remake premiered in Los Angeles on January 26th and New York on February 5th. On February 6th, it was released online.

Because if anyone is going to ruin RoboCop, it's us.

It can be seen online. BTW, it is not PG-13... and definitely NSFW. ;)

A bit funny: Swedish media is reporting that Joel Kinnaman and his gf Olivia Munn both left the film premiere in Stockholm before the film ended. I guess it's a really bad film if even the star of the film can't sit through a screening :lol

Has anyone seen this yet?

OurRobocopRemake.com

It can be seen online. BTW, it is not PG-13... and definitely NSFW. ;)

:lol:lol
Production value: 1/10
But still better than the official remake.

And awesome ED-209!

Last edited:
I had to skip through but I saw some awesome things:

1. Boobies
2. A great ED-209 costume
3. Mutant man acid trip
4. ED-209 one-liner, "I have a FAMILY!!":lol
A bit funny: Swedish media is reporting that Joel Kinnaman and his gf Olivia Munn both left the film premiere in Stockholm before the film ended. I guess it's a really bad film if even the star of the film can't sit through a screening :lol

:lol:lol
Production value: 1/10
But still better than the official remake.

And awesome ED-209!

BTW..on that Robocop Remake, around the 40 min mark is the greatest dick shootout I've ever seen...like I say at work when someone starts talking about the male anatomy, "Now you've got my attention":lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back