Robocop Reboot (Pre-release)

I had no idea the face was supposed to be fake. Never, ever noticed that! I had assumed they somehow kept his facial tissue alive since they had his brain, eyes, etc. Learn something new every day!

Now I have to give this another watch, never knew that myself! :lol

Are we talking about the skin being cold to the touch in 2? If so I always wrote that off as where there was so much machine underneath and nothing internal to keep his skin warm. Or was there a direct reference?

When Mrs. Murphy comments about how it's cold, he says "They made it to honor him". Which I took to mean that they had created a likeness of Murphy to act as the face of the machine, in honor of the man whose parts they used. He could have looked like anybody, really.

But the words "they made it" indicate pretty strongly that it's artificial.

True, but it would be hard to hide whether the skin was real or not. Living skin is warm, regardless of what's underneath. The fact that it was cold at all would indicate that it was artificial.

Unless you're thinking they skinned Murphy's skull and wrapped the leather around the mechanical face...

Just to be clear, I think we're mostly all agreed that the only parts of Murphy that made it into Robocop was his brain and a few feet of his digestive system? Those aren't even his eyes.

True, but it would be hard to hide whether the skin was real or not. Living skin is warm, regardless of what's underneath. The fact that it was cold at all would indicate that it was artificial.

Unless you're thinking they skinned Murphy's skull and wrapped the leather around the mechanical face...

Just to be clear, I think we're mostly all agreed that the only parts of Murphy that made it into Robocop was his brain and a few feet of his digestive system? Those aren't even his eyes.

He is more machine now, than man.... still 100% Cop

Agreed, Jedi2016- some parts could be up to debate, but everyone knows he's not a 'cop in a special suit'

*although he did almost keep his left arm.... ;)

I always took that scene like this: Murphy was lying to help her forget him
That's the way I interpreted it as well.

I've always thought most of his head and torso survived, which is why he had to ingest that "baby food" stuuf to sustain his organic elements.

oh so is that how everytime he gets shot to hell that his face never gets damaged?

I'm actually watching it now. In scene where he's getting shot by the cops while escaping from OCP, he's actually covering his face with his hand. :lol

I don't buy the fake face explanation. If OCP was going to do that, why would they make Murphy blink? You'd think that would hinder his digital visual ability. :facepalm

I always thought they'd managed to salvage Murphy's face and a few other bits, digestive system and such. It doesn't make sense to me that they designed the face as almost a tribute to Murphy due to them having no problem "losing" parts the could have saved.

I think that it is his real face. They tried to eliminate this feature with Cain in the second film, but my money is on real face. It's one of those elements designed to make him more human. No way it's a fake face. Why not give him a robo face otherwise? His voice was still the same, meaning he must have had some vocal cords in there as well. Eye color still the same, etc.

REALLY have to watch this again.

I always tell people I love the original Robocop, but I always for get HOW MUCH I love it until I watch it again. Seriously, the ONLY leg up the new film is going to have on the old is that the reboot won't have the ridiculous female 80's hair. :lol

Just rewatched the movie again. Absolute work of art. Especially the soundtrack score when Robocop goes back to his home and remembers his family. Very haunting stuff.

And clarence boddicker is such a scumbag, wow he really is disgusting!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back