Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Something else i JUST noticed... have a look at the toes of Rey's boots in this picture, bottom right:

CTqwQhqWUAA0WeH.jpg large.jpg

Were they "waxed" as well...? Possibly to keep sand and dust out? I know Kylo's outer garments seem to have been waxed after assembly. But the look of the boots here is strange... i don't recall seeing them look like that in any other shots. maybe these aren't the screen used ones, but some kind of cast of them for display only...?

Last edited:
I'll be using my Solo Elite as a size guide :) The handle is a nice nod to Han. Maybe it's his backup.

There's an interest thread up, so let's keep any talk of the run there and only research here.

Most likely gonna want one! The grip looks like a Broomhandle Mauser... i'm sure the rest is custom.

- - - Updated - - -

DIVISON6:

You and I already knew that ;-)

seriously... it makes total sense to have them attached, and even if they weren't I think I'd still do it just to keep from having to adjust those bloody wraps ALL OF THE TIME as I know i would have to.

Hello,

My GF will be doing Rey for the TFA premiere in mid-December. A good friend Germain was kind enough to offer me full rights to his models of her staff. The staff details are split into pieces and designed to be filled with an internal dowel/rod, like a sleeve. Here are some pics:

View attachment 554024
View attachment 554027
View attachment 554028

A couple things I wanted to double check before we proceed:

Any egregious inaccuracies worth noting
What is the general consensus on the length? It's currently scaled to 1830mm (approx. 6 feet tall)
What is the estimated diameter? (atm it is scaled to accept a 24mm (bit smaller than 1") diameter pipe)

Since the other run fell through, I can look into producing a couple more of these as DIY kits if there are any Reys still interested. We'd need to move quickly to have a chance at getting them out in time for the premiere in about a month, however.

It would depend on price, but I am definitely interested!

Here's a basic on the belt.
transition in shape and size on ends are a bit of a guess since I haven't found any good clear pix.
I do know they go down to about 1/2" where they fold back and weave through it's self.

Length can be adjusted to your waist size.

View attachment 528753

I would suggest looking at your reference and also doing a paper pattern to get everything worked out and to scale.

I have been trying to find the reference pic for this belt. Can you help? :)

Hello,

My GF will be doing Rey for the TFA premiere in mid-December. A good friend Germain was kind enough to offer me full rights to his models of her staff. The staff details are split into pieces and designed to be filled with an internal dowel/rod, like a sleeve. Here are some pics:

View attachment 554024
View attachment 554027
View attachment 554028

A couple things I wanted to double check before we proceed:

Any egregious inaccuracies worth noting
What is the general consensus on the length? It's currently scaled to 1830mm (approx. 6 feet tall)
What is the estimated diameter? (atm it is scaled to accept a 24mm (bit smaller than 1") diameter pipe)

Since the other run fell through, I can look into producing a couple more of these as DIY kits if there are any Reys still interested. We'd need to move quickly to have a chance at getting them out in time for the premiere in about a month, however.

I would be interested :)

Staff model has been split into appropriate sections by Germain. Will have a quote as soon as we're done fine-tuning.

Should we just start a separate build thread or continue updating you all here?

~JJ

parts_10.jpgparts_11.jpg

looks good.

In another thread you can keep everything condensed and updates would be easy to find.
If it's an actual interest thread, then the for sale section is where it should be.

If you plan to print some of the parts connected (as per your notes) a razor saw can easily separate them for proper spacing.

looks good.

In another thread you can keep everything condensed and updates would be easy to find.
If it's an actual interest thread, then the for sale section is where it should be.

If you plan to print some of the parts connected (as per your notes) a razor saw can easily separate them for proper spacing.

Just a build thread for now, I'll start a Project Run thread when the time comes :) In the meantime, if you are interested in one of these kits, please post here so I can keep track of who I need to PM quotes to. Thanks!

I would def be interested in a kit as well!

Also...

Ladies who ordered the accurate boots, how long did it take to get the boots in?

I ordered mine from Po-Zu while they were in-stock on 11/2, they shipped 11/3, and I just got a slip they tried to deliver them (but they need a signature) on 11/12. So, 9 days after shipping. Seems fast to me!!

Has anyone seen this promised article pop up anywhere? EW says this in their article about their 'exclusive' Star Wars coverage:

[h=2]Dressing the Galaxy[/h]Molly Smith writes about the costumes and make-up of The Force Awakens and its predecessors, detailing the secrets of Kylo Ren’s mask, Han Solo’s jacket, and Rey’s desert gear – and some of the more iconic outfits from the original trilogy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a walk through of the Disneyland exhibit. (poorly filmed)
Rey's boots definitely look like resin or something solid.
Notice also that the wrap isn't tattered on the bottom.
fake boots.jpg

Hi all! I have actually been following this thread for quite a while and finally officially joined to post. I got the boots after you wonderfully discovered them and they are so comfortable!! I actually made a quick version of the costume in a day to wear to Fan Expo. I did not have the boots yet then. At any rate, I want to redo my costume and actually take the time to make it well.

I was wondering for the belt and bracer, what type(s) of leather did you go with and how much was needed. Also, would anyone happen to have pictures of their process for doing the head wrap by way of long sleeve shirt?

Thank you! And here's a picture of that super rushed costume! XD
Rey.jpg
Edit: Just wanted to mention, for the wrap I went with "Sharon Chiffon", since it was the best match I could find at my fabric store after walking around and looking for 20 minutes. When I finally came across it, it was super weird since it was perfect and my name is Sharon. Seemed meant to be. I dyed it using tea. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back