Limited Run Rey's Quarterstaff [TFA]

JJ Griffin

Sr Member
Now that our F-11D blaster build is complete, we are turning our attention towards some of the heroes' weapons from Episode 7. :)

Master modeler Germain over on the FISD boards has graciously given us permission to print, cast and reproduce his model of Rey's staff from The Force Awakens. Germain has estimated the staff at 1830mm (approximately 6 feet tall), and it is scaled to accept an interior rod, pipe or dowel of 1" diameter like a sleeve.

PRICING
The cost for a kit of raw 3D prints is $150 shipped anywhere within the domestic US. International buyers will need to pay a bit extra depending on your country. The staff pieces are printed in natural color ABS and are only offered as raw prints; we don't have the spare time to really work on them so any clean-up and finishing will need to be done by the buyer. However, we've broken down the staff so that it is printed without support material and at .1mm layer height, so even in an unfinished state the prints are quite clean. Products like Smooth-On XTC can be used to help smooth out the prints if desired.

Here is a pic of what you will receive:
L1Fe08A.jpg

FUTURE PLANS
Once molding/casting has begun we will update this post with more info on the resin kits that will be available in Q12016. Here are the Masters for the eventual, high-quality resin kit:
EOtI6k2.jpgiunUW3T.jpg

Here are some shots:

Rey's Staff 1.jpgA5abpqI.pngRey's Staff 2.jpg
Rey's Staff 4.jpgxNwLjQs.jpgRey's Staff 5.jpg
Rey's Staff 6.jpgRey's Staff 7.jpg2o9O4rQ.jpg
Rey's Staff 10.jpg
Rey's Staff 9.jpgRey's Staff 8.jpgRey's Staff 11.jpg

- - - UPDATE - - -
First staff kit, hot off the printbed!
Here it is being modeled by my roommate, who is 5'7". Of course, you could easily make the staff longer/shorter by using different sized dowels/rods for the body.

4sfjoBu.jpg3tDi5X0.jpgCLcCKS2.jpgIfMTnhq.jpggZJZamM.jpg

Last edited:
Master modeler Germain over on the FISD boards
You're too kind with me JJ. Enthousiastic amateur suits me better!

Put me on the list of interested please. ;)
Hey Division6, first of all, thank you. When I started modeling this staff and looked for quality reference pictures, you have been one of my main source. So, in a way, you helped me a lot.
About the first two remarks you have done, they're good points but actually, they're already part of my design. When I made these screencaptures I disabled the black outlining for a cleaner look, but when doing that the way the 3D software enlights the model tends to hide some details.
divisi12.jpg

About the rivet head, I must say I did not see notice it. Good call!

Lastly, I wanted to show you these two pictures my brother sent me of actual printed parts so you can get a better feel of it.
http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/12/31/04/96/mms_2010.jpg
However, please note that we have been printing these with a classic filament printer and they don't represent JJ's Staff quality. It will be much better!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back