Rapunzel (and Flynn)...the everlasting WIP. ( re-making bodice! )

Re: Rapunzel ( and Flynn ) WIP! :: Pic heavy 1st post!

Hey greylocke! I won't be, but someone on deviantart who would be useful to look at is Malindachan- she copied the bodice designs from the second dress and made it into her actual wedding dress! She's a pretty amazing cosplayer.

Check this out:
so_this_is_love_by_malindachan-d4g8hzp.jpg

EDIT: apologies for derailing, Aelynn!! :)

it's awesome seeing some work done by females in the board :)

you did a superb job on everything! i absolutely loved looking through your pictures :D

Aelynn, you have been so incredibly helpful. Your thread helped me a lot when I made my first Rapunzel costume, but here I am again, getting ready to make my second dress and wig. This time, I'm going to have about 15 feet of glowing hair! I'm very excited.

I've actually been stalking you for quite some time on Tumblr under various accounts (I have too many...) and you've answered quite a number of my questions. You've been so sweet and your advice has helped a lot. I can't wait to show my own progress to you all.

Awww! Thank you for the kind words and stalking! LOL I'm happy to have been able to help you out and I CAN'T WAIT to see your progress pictures!!!

I'm currently in the process of shopping for hair for my new wig. I love my first one, but for a trip to WDW in October, I'll need something that I can hold on to or throw around the front of me so I can still go on all my favourite rides! XD

Aelynn and Izzie my youngest daughter asked if you planned on making Rapunzels second dress the one she wears at the end of the movie when she is interacting with the children and Eugene. She won't stop pestering me until I ask you both. :)

I do plan to!! And it'd be so easy, too... I'm just so, SO lazy lately. @_@ But I have to say again, your posts like these always make me light up and feel so inspired to get more done!!!

it's awesome seeing some work done by females in the board :)

you did a superb job on everything! i absolutely loved looking through your pictures :D

Thank you so much!!! I'm so excited to see this thread alive...I FEEL SO INSPIRED!!!

Time to make new wig!! And multiple more costumes!! Huzzah!

Izzie thank you for the link my daughter did the drop her chin thing for a second and now want that wedding dress just to wear :) Both you and Aelynn are inspiration for two teenage girls who still dream of their Knight in Shining armor. :D

Aelynn and Izzie, Megan my 14 year old has asked me to somehow kidnap you two, to have you come to our house and make her Rapunzel's dress. I just wanted both of you to know how your skill has affected her.

Last edited:

Some news!

I ended up buying a slew of light pink satin today and some accordion organza, though I think I might attempt to dye the satin slightly more lavender along with dying the organza....

Anyways, this means I'm making Rapunzel's ending dress...

dressend.jpg

And Designer Doll design...

6082815950_a79f8d074e.jpg

...I'm going to have a million blonde wigs by the time I'm done cosplaying all these Rapunzels...

I think I can have the designer done in a week or two since it's a very simple build, it only depends on how well ( or not well ) my dying goes.

The ending dress will take some more time since I have to photoshop up a pattern to have printed for the underskirt...

But now that I have fabric, I'll be making them both!

And here's why I take so long to get anything done.

DSC07878.jpg

@_@

Oh can't wait to see your designer doll! I've been wanting to do the Belle version myself!
6082275621_6c63fd0bc8_z.jpg

CR, Go for it! It's so gorgeous!! Though, after someone had pointed out how how the difference is between Belle's design in the art and the final piece, I must say I like the art a lot better.

6104918412_b6f79b7c0e_z.jpg

SO...I am too lazy to go out today and when I brought my last purchase home from Jo-Anns it was a terrifying experience at the border. Apparently 'craft goods' sounds sketchy. Just, fyi.

So I took to my kitchen sink today and half a tin of regular red dye and a bottle of acrylic paint later ( don't ask, just call it 'resourceful' >_> ), I got this!

IMG_0546.jpg

Didn't think I could get the polyester to hold colour that well! I'm pretty happy with the results! :)

CR, Go for it! It's so gorgeous!! Though, after someone had pointed out how how the difference is between Belle's design in the art and the final piece, I must say I like the art a lot better.

6104918412_b6f79b7c0e_z.jpg

I do too, in fact, I was going to post the art LOL! Her hair is a little...erm...wild as the doll -_-.

Your top is looking SO good!

SO...I am too lazy to go out today and when I brought my last purchase home from Jo-Anns it was a terrifying experience at the border. Apparently 'craft goods' sounds sketchy. Just, fyi.

So I took to my kitchen sink today and half a tin of regular red dye and a bottle of acrylic paint later ( don't ask, just call it 'resourceful' >_> ), I got this!

IMG_0546.jpg

Didn't think I could get the polyester to hold colour that well! I'm pretty happy with the results! :)

To quote my daughter who won't quit beating on me. "That fabric is to die for" I need football pads when I look at your and Izzie's threads.

Thanks greylocke! I'm very happy with how it turned out!!

Got distracted ( or maybe a bit lonely? LOL ) tonight and made a friend!

421065_10150742248396719_501091718_11485237_1832158238_n.jpg

He's kinda cute, right!?!? I'm terrible at sculpting/modelling so I'm pretty proud of him. I should've reinforced his little legs with wire or something but didn't so he's going to be pretty fragile. =\ I'll have to give him a coat of glue or something. I have a mini resin casting kit that I've never used... I might try to brush him with that first. Or just always be very very very very very cautious with him. XD

I'm excited to paint it! My very own little Pascal!

I also got some aurora borealis crystals to scatter on my Designer Doll corset and some sheer pink ribbon to lace it up with. I have EVERYTHING I need for that dress now...now I just have to find the time to make it. @_@

I've been distracted with another cosplay that's been eating up all my time and money lately...first attempt at armor... not going as planned. HAHA

Oh awesome, you're doing Pascal too! :) Out of interest, what kind of clay are you using?
I'm using polyclay (it's a kind of plastic clay that comes pre-coloured, no need to paint it after) but my polyclay seller went out of business so I'm having to order it online for the first time... the advantage it has is if you drop it it doesn't shatter like most other clays. It can't be sanded though :S

Also, those AB crystals are going to look SO good. I bought some replacements for my crown, and I couldn't believe the difference they made. I can't wait to see the work on your Designer Doll version!!!

so...
doing what i'm totally NOT supposed to be doing and working on something completely unrelated to what i need to wear this weekend or to the convention after that...

and i painted my pascal!

he's cute. =3

IMG00850.jpg

IMG00849.jpg

IMG00847.jpg

IMG00846.jpg

this was my first creature model ( having only done small pieces for Jack Sparrow's wig and a skull for Hook's brooch successfully ) and i feel like i have 0 skills in that area. i've just never been able to grasp it well or with confidence so i'm pretty excited with the results! it's not QUITE what i had in mind...but he looks pretty good overall despite his flaws!

Last edited:
Re: Rapunzel (and Flynn) WIP!:: pg 13... I made a pet!

Oh man that is adorable!!!! You need to find a way to be able to safely attach him to your shoulder. That would be perfection!

Re: Rapunzel (and Flynn) WIP!:: pg 13... I made a pet!

An idea for attaching him, how how about a kilt pin? Run it between right front leg and left rear leg, paint the exposed part of the pin with a fingernail polish that matches your bodice the best so you don't have an annoying silvery gleam there and it should look really good. I've used kilt pins on some of the chain maille jewelry I make for attaching them. they are much sturdier than safety pins and using the fingernail polish protects the metal much better so it doesn't corrode. Also if done right Pascal won't flop around or sag.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back