Polar Lights 1/1000 Enterprise Refit

Bryancd

Master Member
Just did a quick build up on one of these. It's identical to the 1/350 kit in EVERY way except size. It build great and the decals are well made. :thumbsup It's a little chip off the old block!

Nice build-up! I'm looking forward to getting one myself, but it's very likely I'll build it without the Aztec decals; they're too dark and obvious for the scale.

I'm not a particularly skilled painter either, and I certainly don't have the patience to mask and paint the Aztec pattern on. But I'd rather do without it than use those decals.

Great job (especially on such a small model)

Im thinking of picking up one of these (I would normally pick up the 1/350 scale, but I have so much crap in my office I wouldn't know where to put it)

What did you use for the color of the Enterprise? Did you go with just white or pearl?
Im thinking of going with pearl, then adding the aztec decals, and then a clear coat matte.

Nice clean build !!

Some time ago, I saw someone cut out the decal of the aztec patterns and
use for the paint masking. That was looks quick and easy than you may think. :love

Nice clean build !!

Some time ago, I saw someone cut out the decal of the aztec patterns and
use for the paint masking. That was looks quick and easy than you may think. :love

I have built about 8 of these, Polar lights makes an additional Decal set for this kit with different regestry names and different color strong backs. So you can do Mirrior universe or customise it to your own liking. I usualy start with a nice grey wash with india ink and water, then after it dries a give it a good cleaning with some thinners to remove the excess from the wash. I then apply a flat white thin coat of paint with an air brush. Not enough to cover up the wash completly but to change the black from the wash to grey. Then I use Tamiya Pearl coat to give it a nice pearl shine. Then a thin coat of clear gloss to make the surface nice and smooth. Then I apply the decals and use Walthers 904-470 Solvaset Decal Setting Solution, it workes wonders on this kit, It being completly covered in decals it makes them set into the hull lines and wrap aroud edges with no creases or bubbles. They really look painted on when complete. Once I complete each section, Hull, Nacelles, and Saucer, I appply some clear coat to seal the decals on forever. Once complete it looks really good. Only issue with this kit is the Clar parts for the Warp Nacelles and the Main Deflector. I use a clear blue paint airbrushed to the inside of the of part. It is a snap together kit and when you try to "snap" them in they almost always crack. I found that cutting off the spines that snap into the guide holes and just using glue to install them keeps them from breaking when being installed. I hope this helps anyone wanting to build this reall fun kit.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back