Pacific Rim

Read 4 reviews this morning and that was the only one that had a spoiler, no warning at the top of the review either. Poor assumption.

It's been a while since I've been looking forward to see a movie that much. I read the "Tales from Year Zero" prequel comic and also did a few other things I usually don't do before seeing a movie, like pre-ordering the soundtrack and buying the art book (Review of the book on Parka Blogs). Pretty tough to leave the art book in it's wrapping, but I don't want to spoil too much of the movie and yet wanted to have it ready sitting on my shelf when I return from the cinema. Bought my tickets two weeks ago although I don't expect the first screening to sell out, but I wanted to be sure to have the perfect seats and make a statement to my wife that I'll go see Pacific Rim the first chance possible no matter what :cool (<- by the way, those are 3D glasses) Still a week to go for me though...

Can't say that I always agree with him, but I generally find Jeremy's reviews very entertaining anyway. Spoiler free review (but if you hated Star Trek: Into Darkness, you may not like his conclusion): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H3iv8T9SfU

I'm pretty confident that GDT will deliver and hope that those predictions are way off, but am afraid that Pacific Rim will tank no matter how good it might be. No one I know is excited to see this and when I talk about Pacific Rim, all I get is some kind of pitiful smile. Personally I can't wait to feel like a little kid again watching giant mechs and monsters fight :D

That reminds me I need to get my copy of the art book soon. Glad to see that more people are excited for the film and looks like many have decided to watch it on the opening weekend. Spread the word everyone and judging from the early reactions, some have stated that this is a movie worth to take your kids to. So if you feel it's appropriate, take them along for the ride.

Guillermo Del Toro On Classic Kaiju And Why PACIFIC RIM Doesn't Feature Robots | Badass Digest
Guillermo del Toro talks about classic monsters and the movies that he grew up with.

Watch Guillermo del Toro & Pacific Rim cast discuss their Favourite Movie Monsters online now | TotalFilm.com

Pacific Rim: Cast & del Toro's Favourite Movie Monsters - YouTube

Pacific Rim: Cast & del Toro's Favourite Movie Robots - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't already, go get tickets to this movie this weekend! The kaiju-jaeger fight scenes are EPIC, worth every penny and possibly more on the big screen. I absolutely cannot and will not stand for Grown Ups 2 beating this movie.

from video above:

What's your favorite movie monster?

Idris Elba- "Jabba the Hutt. He is just a G, you know what I mean? He has his girl. He just sits there. He lives in the club, and he smokes, and he's bad."

lol

Just got back from the theater. It's wonderful- an absolute blast to watch. The story is fun, the characters are engaging and the visuals are jaw dropping. Everyone should see this film on the big screen.

Just got back from IMAX 3D showing.

Pure awesomeness!

If you are thinking of seeing this but not sure, do yourself a favor and get to the theatre!

Can't wait to see this on the big screen tomorrow.

It gives me no hope for humanity that this film is going to be out grossed by Grown Ups 2 this weekend. :(

INSIDE THE ROCK POSTER FRAME BLOG: Pacific Rim Todd Slater Poster Release Details

"Todd Slater, the artist commissioned by Odd City to close their series, gave insight into his inspiration for this project, “When I first began seeing the early images for Pacific Rim, I was immediately struck by the scale of the Jaegers versus the humans. These pictures served as a reminder of how fragile human life is and I decided to create my image around this thought. I wanted to depict these giant machines as the protectors of humanity from the mysterious beasts that have emerged from a portal beneath the ocean.”

Todd Slater’s limited edition Pacific Rim prints will go on sale Tuesday 7/16 at a random time via the Odd City web store: Odd City Entertainment . Follow them on Twitter @ OddCityNews "

RPF posted this link on FB, some of the user submitted jaegers are hilarious!
http://io9.com/pacific-rims-hilarious-fourth-string-jaegers-reveale-788692826

My favorite ones:
ku-medium.pngku-xlarge (1).pngku-xlarge.pngku-xlarge (2).png

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back