Pacific Rim Uprising (Post-release)

What did you think of Pacific Rim Uprising?

• Total voters
Re: Pacific Rim 2

No Charlie and no whoever that main guy was. The way he talked made me want to bang my head against the wall.

No Charlie and no whoever that main guy was. The way he talked made me want to bang my head against the wall.

Charlie Hunam? He's great in Sons of Anarchy, but I found his delivery of lines in this one to be...well...very Sons of Anarchy. He's got a bit of a weird accent because he's from England, but spent the last 10 years in the States doing stuff with a faux American accent. Which leaves him sounding like you can't pinpoint where he's from.

I would imagine if this gets green lighted, it will have a much smaller budget this time around....which may effect the special effects quality.
I think most of us will agree, that was the highlight of the first film. Hope it gets made. Who knows....maybe the story and acting will
outshine the effects. :)

I'd happily sacrifice the f/x for a tighter, more compelling story. I found the story in the first one to be passable and entertaining, but to be a bit...I dunno...thin. And the f/x part was irritating at times, like, WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST FORM BLAZING SWORD AT THE START OF THE BATTLE INSTEAD OF PUNCHING THE CRAP OUT OF THE VICIOUS ROBEAST?!

But that may be more my gripe with the genre itself.

This is personally why I love Pacific Rim.

140514_BB_monsterCharts_allMinutes.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg
Del Toro just lays it out without any cinematic foreplay making you wait to see the monsters you paid to see.

Cool Chart! I agree, you pay to see the monsters...not to wait...and wait...bogged down by a BS story and character development. lol

I'd be curious to see another version of that bar chart where they show the monster's screen time. Pretty sure PR would still be near the top, but then again they also have 8 kaijus in the movie plus glimpses of 1-2 more during the opening sequence.

What bothered me more was the other few jaegers that were dispatched so easily after all that build-up. I hate that in films, where you assemble this supposedly badass team, and then all but the main stars get wiped out in the first engagement.

"International hit"?!?!?!?!

I thought that PR bombed at the box office, mainly due to very bad marketing ?!

Anyway, big fan of Guillermo del Toro, but PR´s script was so damn ... bad !!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back