Original Star Wars Star Destroyer - Kits

I got the pattern for the bridge to a place that I was happy with (my bridge measurements ended up being 8" wide and 2" tall as previously mentioned, but I actually got a measurement of 1 1/8" for the side height, as opposed to 1") and then I used the 3D model to create a 1:1 paper pattern so that I could do a test assembly and make notes (papercraft experts, avert your eyes! :) ):

attachment.php

I'll keep adjusting as I accumulate more measurements.

That looks great. What would be great is if you could make files for us to print that we could use to cut our acrylic sheets. That way we could make them as close as possible. It would require us to know what parts overlap what other ones.

The front face measurements I get are 8" wide (front face covers the side walls, so no .080" thickness on the sides, 1" tall on the sides, not including the .080" thickness for each of the top and bottom parts, and 2.080" tall in the center including the top and bottom. I would say it depends on whether we are all counting the acrylics thicknes for the top an bottom for the sides and center heights. All in all, I would say we're all probably off by no more than 1 sheet of acrylic.

Absolutely, let me tweak it a bit and then I'll post the pattern. I'm actually creating the acrylic thickness as part of the digital model, so you'll have to take that into account when you take the measurement from the pattern and make the cuts:

attachment.php

I'm working on the "neck" now which is more complicated then it seems because it is slanted in two axis - not only does it taper vertically, but it flares out towards the front of the ship as well, the narrowest part towards the rear (nothing is easy on this thing :lol ).

Any more kit measurements out there? Every little bit helps.

You guys are off to a great start.

I get 1/16 plexi (.062) and a total of 1.120-1.125 for the height of the bridge side walls.

I'd love to see someone nail the correct dimensions of the 5 inner sub structures of the hull. One would be MOST grateful...

As far as donor kits go currently over 100 were used :)

This is kind of what a 30 mm diameter sphere would like like with regards to the basic proportions of the bridge section:

attachment.php

attachment.php

You guys are off to a great start.

I get 1/16 plexi (.062) and a total of 1.120-1.125 for the height of the bridge side walls.

I'd love to see someone nail the correct dimensions of the 5 inner sub structures of the hull. One would be MOST grateful...

As far as donor kits go currently over 100 were used :)

Jamie, I can't speak for the rest, but I am not too concerned with nailing this thing spot-on detail wise. I'm just tired of hunting down kits and spending the cash. It's time for me to put research on pause and build some things...

That said, though, do you know what the pieces with the gear teeth on the inside, that sit inside the graded mixing cups are from? This is one that I WOULD like to know...

Just wanted to say I love this thread and what you guys are accomplishing. Reminds me of what we did for the x-wing a few years back. Back before it was somehow verboten to talk about donor kits.

You guys do know it's somehow verboten to talk about donor kits, right? ;)

Here are the Post Van parts:

devastator-parts.jpg

Flintlock, I think that the "I wish I knew this one" part is from the Fujimi 1/35 Panzerjager I. I haven't been able to find a picture of one to confirm it, but I may be able to get hold of a kit if needed.

Cheers, Rats

Flintlock, I think that the "I wish I knew this one" part is from the Fujimi 1/35 Panzerjager I. I haven't been able to find a picture of one to confirm it, but I may be able to get hold of a kit if needed.

Cheers, Rats

That would be awesome if you could, Rats!

There's a few parts I'm seeing all over that I don't recall anyone IDing. Anyone have any ideas on the highlighted parts?

need_id.jpg

The red ones look like they might be shocks.

The purple (if it's one piece) looks like it might be a drivetrain.

The green, whatever they are, look similar (though not the same) to parts that line the hanger bay on the port and starboard sides. To me they look like small ship guns.

The blue I don't know, but they're used quite a bit on the back.

There's a few parts I'm seeing all over that I don't recall anyone IDing. Anyone have any ideas on the highlighted parts?

need_id.jpg

The red ones look like they might be shocks.

The purple (if it's one piece) looks like it might be a drivetrain.

The green, whatever they are, look similar (though not the same) to parts that line the hanger bay on the port and starboard sides. To me they look like small ship guns.

The blue I don't know, but they're used quite a bit on the back.

The purple part in the center is from the Panther G. The blue parts are from an AMT 1/25 Semi - the same parts are on the Jedi Training Remote. The shocks might be from the same AMT kit, but the green ones I don't know.

Cool, thanks. Those green ones look so much like small guns to me, but neither the ones on the back, nor the ones around the docking bay match anything I've got (or that I can remember seeing for that matter). With so many ship kits, they may be on one I haven't see yet (or not guns at all). If we can't nail it down, I've got plenty that are close enough that I think they'll work ok.

Here's where I am right now:

attachment.php

Could anyone provide any measurements for any of the kitpieces in and around the superstructure part of the ship? They would be incredibly helpful and much appreciated!

Here's where I am right now:

attachment.php

Could anyone provide any measurements for any of the kitpieces in and around the superstructure part of the ship? They would be incredibly helpful and much appreciated!

Looks really good.

I can get you the measurements of the Ticonderoga/Essex parts right in front of the bridge on the top building of the superstructure when I get home from work in a couple hours.

You can see them pretty clearly in these shots:

http://www.58525.com/sw/exhibit/sd/content/bin/images/large/DSC_2975.jpg
http://www.58525.com/sw/exhibit/sd/content/bin/images/large/DSC_2976.jpg
http://www.58525.com/sw/exhibit/sd/content/bin/images/large/DSC_2979.jpg

Highlighted here:

color-coded-04.jpg

And the part on the sprue is in the picture in the post above, or here.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back