optimus prime, 6'8 replica

hi guys
thanks for your support and kind words,heres a major update, the hard graft on the legs, is done, had a good few full days on them, and wanted to get this part done, now i can add the 3d panels, knee detail, etc, the worse part is now done, also the second hand is nearly completed too, prime will soon be standing up, yeahhhhh!!
colin
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
optimus%20prime
[/URL][/IMG]
:cool

Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. Mind Blowing work, man. Hands down, the BEST interpretation I've seen of Optimus. You've doing Transformers a great justice here!!

Is it strange that we can love a cartoon robot truck this much? Excellent craftsmanship and execution. That's spot on.

Great work on the Optimus!

Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. Mind Blowing work, man. Hands down, the BEST interpretation I've seen of Optimus. You've doing Transformers a great justice here!!

Is it strange that we can love a cartoon robot truck this much? Excellent craftsmanship and execution. That's spot on.

It great to see more of this awesome project! I can't wait to see this all done.

Excellent work, keep us posted!

guys, as always thanks for your continued support, ive now started the 3d panels,to add depth to the legs, ive also drill holes for wheels, added some autobot valve caps to the wheels, "just to add that little touch" also tackled the knee joint, the hydrolics running down the sides of the knees were hydrolics from r2d2, my friend (donn jarr) who sells resin bits and pieces on ebay) for r2d2 and other kits, converted the r2d2 hydrolics for me, also drilled the holes in the pelvis to allow the legs and pelvis to join, heres some pics,
colin

another update guys, finished panels on upper legs, holes drilled so the hydrolics drop into lower parts of legs, panel pins were used for the effect of rivits, top half primed, just going to make some hydrolics to run down the sides of the legs, also made lights for feet, really simple to make, i bought a set of clear, amber and red reflectors, using a good hack saw i set about making a set of replica lights,and the end result was a good light look a like
all the best
colin

guys, as always thank you all for your continued support of my optimus prime build,heres another update for you, top half of legs pretty much done, pleased with the panel work, the hydrolics down the sides of the legs started life as my inhalers, cut down the middle, a pencil was used to bridge the pieces together, also panels added to feet, just the middle part to do now, before i look at painting,
all the best
colin

hi guys, thanks for your kind words, yes i intend to make his blaster and energon axe, matrix of leadership and base for prime to stand on too, lots to keep me busy this year, lol!!
all the best
colin:lol

hi guys
little up date, hands now complete, extra detail added to bring the hands up to the same standard as rest of prime, also started the last of the leg detail, using my inhalers again, but to bridge them i used pieces i cut from a drain unblocker from my local poundland, also the vent has come from the motor trade on ebay, 7.50 for a pair, just want to make the legs nice and detailed before i through on the paint.
all the best
colin

Looking GREAT!

thanks moocricket

hi guys
thanks as always for your kind words and support
well ive been busy adding detail to the legs,everything is nearly ready for paint, i wanted make a panel for the back of the legs,similar to the 20th anniversary prime, using all my odds and sods left over, i used some styrene offcuts, pieces of pipes, even a couple of beer lids and some remote controlled car pieces, layed everything out where i wanted them to sit, epoxyed,primed, painted in gloss black, then weathered with aliuminuim paint and a rusty ink, heres the pics,
all the best
colin

hi guys
happy easter to you all
heres the latest pics, ive added more detail to the arms, using flexible drain unblocking pipe, this has given the arms more depth and detail, some piping added to hands, and detail added to back of hands,also made a back panel for the legs,similar to the 20th anniversary toy, legs are now ready for paint, the detailed work is done, the rest of the detail i want to add will be done after the legs are painted, everything was put together again, bought a tear to the ole eyes, im really proud of this, even without the detail and paint i think you can see the overall pic, enjoy
all the best
colin

Fantastic Work!!! I know if I four year old woke up on Easter to go outside for our egg hunt, a happy dance would surely ensue. I think a happy dance from him would ensue as well:lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back