optimus prime, 6'8 replica

This just gets better and better! I love the extra detail you've thrown on that's not on the 20th version. Like the greeblies on the white 'rib cage' and the vents next to the head.

Just fantastic. I so wish I could see this in person. Maybe once it's done you could get some video of a walk around with sounds?

hi blownhemi, ive tryed to cram as much detail in as i could, as i want this to be the ulitimate g1 optimus prime, if your ever down my way,your more than welcome to pop in, kettles always on!! will do a video once legs are complete.

Man, that is wicked.

thanks shaka-zula, glad your impressed mate

Is it hard to walk in that? It looks heavy. Looks great though. I like Retro Prime much better then the new one. Great job man.

thanks lothahnus, g1 prime is best! i agree. thanks for the comments.

I have seen him up on Astromech. Sweet! The Optimus of my childhood. Legs are looking great. Impressive work.

thanks fett_ish, yep g1 prime is my childhood too, 80's cartoons were the best, kids now dont realise what they missed!! classics, loads of work to do on the legs now as i aim to make them just as detsiled as the rest of prime.

till all are one!!

Fantastic(y)cool:thumbsupwork!

moocriket,glad you like him

Awesome.....loving the work so far :)

thanks cj 617,glad your loving the build.

Bloody hell that`s awesome :D

Jason

thanks teckoviking, your comments are most welcome

That is sweet...Now you have to do megatron...

thanks propologist, i think im going to be busy on prime for a while yet!!

wow!!! are you goner make the matrix as well! be sweet to see the actual hand made :)

thanks shinobidash, yep matrix will be made too, as well as energon axe and gun.

Is this a costume or just a replica?

thanks lothahnus, hes just a replica, a 6'8 homage to optimus

Wow, that is really cool. Great job!

thanks mrsbeeb89, glad you like him

sorry about not posting sooner, lots of prep work on the legs, first thing i did was bring the legs in to the pelvis, then as i have to think ahead, i worked out the joining of the pelvis to the legs,simple but effective, to blocks put inside the legs, another at the top, hole drilled in top, and in the bottom of pelvis, locking the pelvis to the legs, then the whole top part of the legs has been preped and ready for some 3d panels,similar to how i did the cab and arms, then with the weather crap again, i cracked on with the hands, really really proud of these, lots of head scractching,but there getting there,the smaller fingers had to be cut and extended to match the longer fingers,enjoy the pics fellow builders,
all the best
colin

Last edited:
Awesome! Great work on the head

Wow - holy hell that's awesome.

Amazing I :love crazy people like you!!!!
Fantastic project WOW!

Absolutely stunning work. I love it!!:love:thumbsup

guys,thanks for all your kind words and support,heres an update for you, hand painted,weathered and detail added, currently working on second hand,and legs are coming along too
all the best
colin

This is easily one of the best builds that I have ever seen.
The updates & photos are absolutely amazing.

The amount of hours that you have put into this piece really shows.
It looks like it was made by a studio. :love:thumbsup

WOW you know it's big look at the hardware holding the hand on alone!!!:love::thumbsupThats going to be real solid nice work,
can't wait to see him vertical!!

Just amazing. That hand reminds me a lot of the style of the ABC Warriors from 2000AD, as it has a great blocky and real-world look to it. Keep up the good work!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back