One-Stop 11' TOS Enterprise Reference Thread: NCC-1701, No Bloody A...

Alright, I updated my CG model by converting the LAB colors to my surface shaders. This is slightly more accurate than my version 3.

msZVurg.jpg

fcb33ZZ.jpg

AABWJm0.jpg

uojzudP.jpg

60J3o6A.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!

So now all that's left is to wait for Gary's updated scaled colors for Round 2. If he releases updated plans to the public in some form, that'll be it -- no more unknown data about our favorite ship. :)

Like I said on FB, gotta find me a new reason to live now. Maybe go back to the screencaps and count Shatner's nose hairs? :p

Alright, I updated my CG model by converting the LAB colors to my surface shaders. This is slightly more accurate than my version 3.

Excellent work!
except for one tiny omission.
The outer ring on the deflector housing is actually painted gold now, not grey as before.

Also the deflector dish is a distinct bronze color and not gold like the housing rings.

correction.jpg

Overall though, beautiful job!

:)Spockboy

Last edited:
Awesome!!! The only niggle -- and it's not really a niggle, because there's no real answer -- is the deflector spike. Gary has said they sort of blended different clear colors over bright silver because the photos weren't dispositive. That's no surprise, given how hard it can be to nail down metallic colors, which depend so much on reflected light. I can't really tell what you did there, probably because of interference from Van Winkle's Constant, commonly expressed in the texts as old + fart = blind. :p

On my 1/350, and my digital model (if I ever get around to it), I'm personally going to try to get the look that NASM went with. That'll be much easier on the 1/350 than in CG, I suspect. YMMV, as always.

OK, that didn't amount to much of a niggle, I guess. AND THAT'S THE WAY WE LIKED IT!!

Gabby_Johnson_Blazing_Saddles.jpg

RABBR!!

:p

EDIT --

Wait a sec! I put on my glasses. That helped. :wacko You matched the restoration look. Yay!

OK, so this whole post is kinda moot, I guess. Except for the Gabby photo. There's never enough Gabby Johnson. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
How can we know for sure if the deflector is accurate now?
After all they just have fotos, footage and concept drawing.

If the restored (recreated) deflector was made by "eye", like somebody looking fotos and some footage, it will be not right, something Always scape.

But if was made by mathematic equations, software analizing the footage, angle, distance, câmera lens, from the footage and photographs, and CGI to check the final result, there a good chance to be near perfect.

I believe it could be a good idea if Smithsonian could cast this model and create a second one, but following the plan for the second pilot (where no Man Has Gone Before).
And a comercial version of both models, but without the ouside wires and with the painting and decals for the left side.
What about that ?

And LEDs cannot shine exactly like a small bulb light. I think restorers used LEDs cause it last longer, and so can display the model lighting for many hours a day. But the lights emission , direction, difusion etc, are not the same as small bulb lights.

Last edited:
The deflector was made from ORIGINAL REVISED BLUEPRINTS.
The curvature that most film camera lenses induce would making the analysis of the film invalid.
How far off form perfect would "Near Perfect be"??

You must have NEVER cast something large before.

Why not see if you can competently build and light the Round 2 1/350 scale mode first.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back