One more polar lights 1/350 STTMP 1701 Built in time dilation field: Photo barrage

Re: One more polar lights 1/350 STTMP 1701 Built in time dilation field: Photo barrag

Didn't know that I have been an admirer of your work here, and that the pictures of your work is what inspired me to start doing modeling work and now I bought your masks on EBay, can't wait for you to start your TOS in April!:popcorn

Re: One more polar lights 1/350 STTMP 1701 Built in time dilation field: Photo barrag

Untitled-3-2.jpg

Great build! Love to know the $20 light kit. Sure beats $170. Planning on having an internal power source. Have to sacrifice the shuttle bay for the batteries. But she'll look pretty hanging from the ceiling all lit up.

"Sniff Sniff" Awe shucks fellas thanks. I had a great time with the build & am happy to say it sold well & leaves today for it's new home!

Great build! Love to know the $20 light kit. Sure beats $170. Planning on having an internal power source. Have to sacrifice the shuttle bay for the batteries. But she'll look pretty hanging from the ceiling all lit up.

Nice choice with a hanging build. I have to say it's my favorite method of display for something that flies. Well the $20 light kit is kind of misleading. I used around $25 worth of parts & wiring, but spent almost $1000 to get all of the parts at wholesale prices. So.. yes a $20ish dollar light kit is possible, but plan on buying enough materials to build into the next decade.

Didn't know that I have been an admirer of your work here, and that the pictures of your work is what inspired me to start doing modeling work and now I bought your masks on EBay, can't wait for you to start your TOS in April!:popcorn

Thanks KT,
That really means a lot to me. Inspiration is one of the main reasons I got back into modeling! I wanted to give something to people that helps them to remember feelings they had in younger days, hope for our future, & that any dream is possible.

Absolutely stunning. I wish I had the patience to do that.

Outstanding!! Looks amazing - great attention to detail!!

Great finish and lighting.What I.C. chip have you got in your breadboard?I'm looking to use a 555 I.C. for blinkers.

What a gorgeous buildup, simply stunning :D. I think I can safely say that this is one of the very best examples that I've seen. Stellar job; all puns intended.

What a gorgeous buildup, simply stunning :D. I think I can safely say that this is one of the very best examples that I've seen. Stellar job; all puns intended.

Thanks Aries! I had a great time with this kit & the auction winner was extremely happy!
I've started 2 more of these on another thread http://www.therpf.com/f11/i-am-glutton-punishment-dual-1-350-refit-build-180743/
it's been a week since any updates, but I'm back on it today!

Great finish and lighting.What I.C. chip have you got in your breadboard?I'm looking to use a 555 I.C. for blinkers.

Thanks Milkman! I get a little closed lipped about some of my electronics, But use a 556 instead of a 555. It is 2 timers on one die. That way you can use one side for the nav & the other for the strobes. On the strobe side you will want to reverse the led leads on the chip. 555/556 timers wont do less than 51% duty cycle, & the strobe stays off for more time than it's on. So if you reverse the leads the led will light when the output sinks to ground, giving you the less than 50% duty cycle!

I've been away for a bit and catching up on the different project threads. Excellent job on your Enterprise build! I know that it must have been quite a mix of emotions in having to sell her. I hope you build one soon for you to keep!

My own build stalled whilst painting the shuttle bay when my compressor broke down. After maybe two years, I've finally got it fixed so I'll be able to resume work. I bought four of these kits when they first came out released by ERTL and priced at a modest £30 each. I gave one as a gift to my best mate and kept the other three. After watching various builds on You Tube and having gathered a shedload of photographic reference, I've decided to re-do some parts so I've raided one of the other kits for replacement parts. There are two major errors on the kit that I have to change if I can. The impulse engines on the kit are too deep as many of you will know very well. I bought the DLM part but it's not symmetrical so I will be attempting to scratch build that part. There is one other area that I'm going to try and fix and, to date, I have seen no mention of this flaw on any other builds. Let me know if anyone else noticed it. It's the three sensor arrays on the deflector housing which, on the kit part, have the two pronged frame with parallel prongs. Studying both the blu-ray and the photos of the studio model, it is clear that these taper inwards as they approach the forward edge of the deflector dish housing. Now that I'm aware of it, I just won't be happy until it's fixed. I wish sometimes that I wasn't so darned picky :rolleyes. I also have the Paragrafix parts including the recent upgraded set and the PNT set. Happy modelling.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back