Officially Licensed TRON LEGACY - RINZLER, Sam & TRON Movie Replica Suits.

Re: Officially Licensed TRON LEGACY - Movie Replica Suits, Outerwear and Accessories

I'm assuming it would be more reflective than glowing. Either way...WOW!!! :love

Re: Officially Licensed TRON LEGACY - Movie Replica Suits, Outerwear and Accessories

Congrats. I'm assuming they would glow somehow. Make since to make these it for motorcycles. Would go perfect with it.

Congratulations!!! Though I must say, this is very well deserved. I doubt there's a better choice for these replicas!! Very excited to see these!!

Guys thanks so much for the vote of confidence. :thumbsup
We realize how important TRON is to it's fans and the cult following this franchise has had over all these years...so our over all effort and product engineering will be just as intense (and overwhelming) as anything else we've released in the past.

I'd love to answer questions relating to product and how we plan to address certain key details but the truth is....it's just too early to let the cat out of the bag.

Now, with that said...rest assured, this product license is in very good hands.:cool
From an 'end product' stand point nothing less than screen accurate replicas will be acceptable, and our obsessive detail driven minds will be very hard at work on this one.
The license deserves this kind of attention...and so do the fans.

More will be added in time...and thanks again for the show of support. It's a nice feeling to sit back and read these responses. :)

David

Just watched the new trailer this weekend. WOW, it looks incredible!

DAVIDYR1, will you be producing accurate reproductions of the actual suits used in the movie, or will you just be making motorcycle versions (as with your licensed Dark Knight motorcycle ensembles)?
Also, will they be available before Dragon*Con?

Looking forward to your awesome work!

Congratulations! This movie looks like it's going to be pretty cool. Just watched the trailer....

http://disney.go.com/tron/#/movie

...they sound very much like the speeder bikes.

Last edited:

As a very loyal fan to the original I would love to see something from that movie produced. While i like the look of the new movie , it's still not the original..:)

Saw the Batman and Wolvie suits on the weekend at Wizardworld. Beautiful work! I'd post a pic but David has the camera with them. I'm gonna do my best to own a Wolverine one! And though we haven't see it yet, my girlfriend is already down for a Tron outfit.

Can't wait to see your products - been a fan of Tron since I was a kid watching it in the theater so to see quality merchandise being created makes me happy (and eventually broke after purchasing it).

Here's hoping for a lightcycle model - new and old would be cool.

Looking forward to seeing these! Your previous work impressed me and I was wondering who would be picking up Tron.

Now to find a way to magically wish for cash to fall from the sky LOL

Congratulations David! :cheers

it´s so cool to see more and more licensed stuff going into the right hands with as much detention to details and accuracy like you and other forum members!

I have a few questions I hope you can (publicly) answer.

Do you have any ballpark idea how much your suits will cost,
when they'll be available?

What materials will you be making them out of?

Can you say if you'll be going off of studio plans and
such, or doing your own interpretation?

Also, are these full on motorcycle suits (with armor padding)
or just high end costumes?

Thank you for your time,

Russ

I have a few questions I hope you can (publicly) answer.

Sure! No problem.

Do you have any ballpark idea how much your suits will cost,
when they'll be available?
We're working on them now, and there's a good chance that an exclusive 'world wide' debut is coming for SDCC. With the film opening in Dec, you can expect pre sales to open well before the film release date. Also, as with all our goods, the replica nature...quality construction and attention to detail we place in everything we make does place us in the 'high end' price point but we certainly give you a huge bang for your buck. :) Our ballpark for our full suits is usually in and around the $998.00 USD price...give or take. I'm pretty sure these wont be much different.

What materials will you be making them out of?
Primarily leather, but it will all be form molded so that it looks exactly like the movie suits. Also we're using heavy duty 4 way stretch spandex inserts and 3D detail screen printing for the repetitive patterns showcased over the entire suit. :)

Can you say if you'll be going off of studio plans and
such, or doing your own interpretation?
100% source material as always is being used and respected here. These will not be our own interpretations but real world, wearable 'movie replicas'. I've seen and inspected the screen used suits in question...and we've got our work cut out for us because they truly are spectacular!!!! ........but we've been working diligently for some time now on this project and I feel pretty good about the replica nature of what our end result is going to be. It's pretty exciting actually. :)

Also, are these full on motorcycle suits (with armor padding)
or just high end costumes?
The product is classified as a Movie Replica-Motorcycle Suit. None of our suits are costumes per say, but visually...as with our TDK Batman Leather motorcycle suit, they need to be as close as possible to what as seen on screen. In all aspects.........:)
The CE Approved body armor in the suits is removable, but our goods are not classified as costumes.

And...Let me add a few more details as well.

Our suit/s (male and female) will consist of jacket, pants, boots and gloves. In the case of the Quorra, skirt will be included as well.
We get the question about helmets all the time, and unfortunately we dont manufacture them...and we dont have the license for helmets anyhow.

We get this one a lot too... "Will the suits light up?"
My answer..."Just think how cool it would be if they DID?":angel

Thank you for your time,

Russ
No problem and thanks for asking such detailed questions. :thumbsup

David

David,
you need a booth at Dragon Con

Looking at the screen caps and publicity stills, the gloves look to
be basically just a half glove, and also appear to be intergrated into
the over moulded arm/shoulder/back "padding." Do you know if your
"gloves" are planned to match, or will they be a full hand glove?

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out (and wondering if I'll have to
sell a kidney to save for one. Maybe just a spleen... ). :D

Russ

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back