Official Star Trek Phaser Thread

Originally posted by jhusel@Dec 22 2005, 10:42 AM
That is what I was thinking, especially since the url ends with "Toddm.jpg"  lol

jhusel
[snapback]1141468[/snapback]​

I didn't think to look. :lol

really hard to tell from that angle tho, good one.

- k

aast-phasers.jpg

Go to New Force Comics... you can get a case of six new 2005 issue AA phasers (identical to the first issue except for the copyright notice on the package) for $110 shipped.

http://newforcecomics.com/Merchant2/mercha...gory_Code=AASTC

They also have the B&W version (Newforce exclusive) for $130 (shipped) the case.

- k

I wanted a case of the Playmates ones. I thought that was what you were talking about.

I want to give them to kids. The AA ones will break.

thanks

FB

D'oh. Sorry. :$

The Playmates have been out of production for maybe ten years now. Your best bet is to pick 'em up as they come up on ebay. Don't pay ripoff prices tho, I've seen 'em listed for $100 in some ebay stores. :confused

- k

Originally posted by phase pistol+Dec 22 2005, 03:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ Dec 22 2005, 03:45 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jhusel
@Dec 22 2005, 10:42 AM
That is what I was thinking, especially since the url ends with "Toddm.jpg"  lol

jhusel
[snapback]1141468[/snapback]​

I didn't think to look. :lol

really hard to tell from that angle tho, good one.

- k
[snapback]1141474[/snapback]​
[/b]

:lol Yep, Todd M. This is my favorite so far.

Would anyone care to guess which Phaser this is? It is not the best picture in the world and there is something in the picture that will probably give it away. Please note that the Phaser stand is for a Franklin Mint Phaser, but the Phaser itself is not a Franlin Mint.

AAFaceLift01.JPG

I was actually looking at the tenturn. :D

But yeah, she cleans up real nice. :thumbsup

Art Asylum: the affordable styrene Phaser kit (some disassembly required). :p

- k

So where can one go to find out how to upgrade a Art Asylum phaser? I'd be interested in parts, paint colors and or a tutorial.

Thanks
-Chris

Originally posted by SWFreak@Dec 23 2005, 03:14 PM
So where can one go to find out how to upgrade a Art Asylum phaser? I'd be interested in parts, paint colors and or a tutorial.

Thanks
-Chris

Same here. Where do you get your metal parts ect... :)

Go to ASAP forum.. and put your request in the WTB column at the bottom of the forum.. then if someone does a run they will contact you.. No metal parts are available at this time though.. Cmanium.. does a run every now and then.. but I have contacted him and he dont have any..

Well since fan made replicas are being mentioned.. .. Here is my phaser I just did.. its a 23rd Century Recast..back several years ago.. when a buddy of mine and I started making molds.. He did some of these.. He can chime in a claim it if he wants.... some of his old castings still show up on ebay.. It is painted in the popular grey black color scheme.. like the playmates.. It had real bad flash and appeared to have been cast from a mold that was about shot.. I had some spare time at work.. so actually kepts sanding and puttying .. just trying to turn it into a bakground phaser.. thats all just make it look like a phaser.. the tenturn was damaged.. so I cut it off and replaced it with a resin graflex knob.. I think for a back ground prop it looks ok.. l... emmitter is hollow..metal trigger and p1 release..metal site window cover..

proppics044_1.jpg

Originally posted by uscm buzz@Dec 23 2005, 12:25 PM
Well since fan made replicas are being mentioned.. .. Here is my phaser I just did.. its a 23rd Century Recast..back several years ago.. when a buddy of mine and I started making molds.. He did some of these.. He can chime in a claim it if he wants.... some of his old castings still show up on ebay.. It is painted in the popular grey black color scheme.. like the playmates.. It had real bad flash and appeared to have been cast from a mold that was about shot.. I had some spare time at work.. so actually kepts sanding and puttying .. just trying to turn it into a bakground phaser.. thats all just make it look like a phaser.. the tenturn was damaged.. so I cut it off and replaced it with a resin graflex knob.. I think for a back ground prop it looks ok.. l... emmitter is hollow..metal trigger and p1 release..metal  site window cover..

I've got a 23rd Century kit. Was slowly getting replacement metal parts for it, and my email provider at the time*poof* disappeared. I didn't have the guys email addy saved anywhere else, so I still need more parts...

You might want to try Captain JTK over there too - he does nozzles, and with good prices as well.

Originally posted by uscm buzz@Dec 23 2005, 12:19 PM
Go to ASAP forum.. and put your request in the WTB column at the bottom of the forum.. then if someone does a run they will contact you.. No metal parts are available at this time though.. Cmanium.. does a run every now and then.. but I have contacted him and he dont have any..
[snapback]1142375[/snapback]​

Zaphod, (cool name, BTW.)

Try and find a can of Krylon Shadow Gray. It's OOP now, so you'll have to do some hunting.

I went with Hot Rod Gray primer for my P1, and after buffing and clearcoating it looks very close to what Rich Coyle uses.

The P2 handle needs Rustoleum Dark Bronze Metallic, but the good news is that you can find it at Wal-Mart...

Dave

Originally posted by Zaphod@Dec 23 2005, 12:41 PM
Tough question: Which is the best color scheme to follow?
[snapback]1142401[/snapback]​

Originally posted by uscm buzz@Dec 23 2005, 12:25 PM

proppics044_1.jpg

[snapback]1142385[/snapback]​

Dude, the more I look at your 23C, the more I like it. I've got news for you, buddy - it looks much better than a background phaser. :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back