NIKE MAG Knockoffs

Has anyone watched the you tube videos of that person in Asia did the shoes with "power laces"?
Incase you missed it, THIS was their first attempt. The motor was not cool so a few versions later and HERE is the latest video.

Someone needs to send this guy a pair of MAGs :cool

Thank you McFly88, I sent them another mail yesterday and finally I got an answer:
"We have for you a refund, please rest assured believe will soon reach your account"

I hope to have my money back soon, then I'll probably buy a silver K-Mag pair from Kwaibay.

Awesome! hopefully you'll get it back. Now you just gotta sit back and wait I guess.

How much movement is actually required? So long your foot slips in, would it matter?

I do wonder why he made the activation pressure based where the actual shoe didn't lace until he pushed a button on the collar. I think it would be better if the same button to un-lace was also the same to lace.

I curious to see how he did it though.

As far as size goes, does it run on the smaller or larger scale? I know a 10 IS a 10 but depending on the overall shape of the shoe I was thinking maybe a 9.5 to avoid the big toed sneaker look or would that not be necessary with these? Kwaibay ehh? I think I might just order those as soon as I can get some size info!

As far as size goes, does it run on the smaller or larger scale? I know a 10 IS a 10 but depending on the overall shape of the shoe I was thinking maybe a 9.5 to avoid the big toed sneaker look or would that not be necessary with these? Kwaibay ehh? I think I might just order those as soon as I can get some size info!

They're pretty 'true-to-size'. I'm usually like an 11-11.5 sometimes 12. I got an 11 in the Silver K-Mags, and they fit perfect, not too loose, not too tight, and lots of foam and cushioning in them makes 'em super comfortable.

Actually I think the lacing button being in the heel is the most accurate way. Didn't Marty's lace when he popped his foot down into them? I really like that design. As for how much you need them laced, I did go through a very brief period where I only wore those ridiculous always laced skater Vans, and those worked because the tongue was about an inch of foam padding, so they really just pressure fit. The Mags wouldn't work like that because the tongue isn't like that. The difference between a firmly laced dress shoe and the shape of it when the laces are removed and the widest part of the foot can fit through it is pretty drastic, I learned that when I had to glue the tongue of a shoe in place to turn it into a pull on boot. The highest strap would have to be pulled about an inch on either side for the mechanism to be functional. The elastic straps might allow it to work, though, if he had used them instead of laces. But he used a single lace, which means he'd probably need multiple mechanisms for the elastic straps.

Just placed my order, it says it should ship to me in 8 days buy Im moving and MUST be out by the end of the month plus a +5 days extra. Fingers crossed! It was from kwaibay btw

Actually I think the lacing button being in the heel is the most accurate way. Didn't Marty's lace when he popped his foot down into them? I really like that design. As for how much you need them laced, I did go through a very brief period where I only wore those ridiculous always laced skater Vans, and those worked because the tongue was about an inch of foam padding, so they really just pressure fit. The Mags wouldn't work like that because the tongue isn't like that. The difference between a firmly laced dress shoe and the shape of it when the laces are removed and the widest part of the foot can fit through it is pretty drastic, I learned that when I had to glue the tongue of a shoe in place to turn it into a pull on boot. The highest strap would have to be pulled about an inch on either side for the mechanism to be functional. The elastic straps might allow it to work, though, if he had used them instead of laces. But he used a single lace, which means he'd probably need multiple mechanisms for the elastic straps.

A bit like this? :)

First power laced Nike Air Mags in a 2015 footwear bag! - YouTube

Didn't Marty's lace when he popped his foot down into them?

Actually difficult to tell. He pulls on the "finger holes" and the shoe laces itself up. It could be that he pressed the button without knowing and why he seems a little surprised.
Watch for yourself and see what you think.
POWER LACES

Does anyone remember the Puma disc? Not power laced, but a cool idea that never really took off. I think the idea would be awesome if re-worked.

We got some brilliand people on these boards...why arnt we collaborating to make this happen?

Well, for the base Mag, Cloneprops has stepped up the game....but then said that only 5-6 pairs are getting made. If that's a marketing ploy, fair play. If it's genuinely the lot, ever, it was a bit of a shame for the many that got excited :thumbsdown

I think v2 of the dhgate replicas will be the replica to please most fans. Brad is a good guy and I'm sure he will share his findings with regards to the lighting system. I have also created my own replicas and will be more than happy to show people how to install the EL, which components I used, etc.

I was thinking an easy mod for the rainbow of leds on the side back to just drill out the fake led nubs continuing through the inside of the shoe, insert real leds, measure the leads and solder together. Then I plan on attaching a switch and batteries in the top part of the shoe. For the clear cover I was thinking shoe goo! Plop some ontop of the leds and with a wet finger or paintbrush, shape and smooth out the goo. Would that not diffuse the leds? Let me know if you guys think it will work, Ive only planned it out in my head until I get the shoes.

I was thinking an easy mod for the rainbow of leds on the side back to just drill out the fake led nubs continuing through the inside of the shoe, insert real leds, measure the leads and solder together.

Are you talking about going right through the cloth too or just the plastic? Brads method keeps the shoes wearable. You would need to cover the area where the LED wire bits came through.

Then I plan on attaching a switch and batteries in the top part of the shoe. For the clear cover I was thinking shoe goo!

Shoe Goo? Is that stuff still around?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back