Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Gold Leader Y kit still being made?

Steve Neisen has had $550 of my money for, what, over a year or more, and I've not received anything - not even an e-mail reply.

Yes, I paid for the Red Jammer. I realized soon after I sent the money that it probably wasn't the best thing for me to spend my money on at that time, and asked if I could get a refund. I said that I would not mind taking a kit if a refund was not possible. I was told that I could get a refund but I might have to wait a bit until someone else fills my slot. Nothing came of that. I've contacted about both getting my money back or getting a Gold Leader. But, haven't heard much at all and Steve hasn't answered any more of my messages or emails.

It would be nice to have that $550 right about now ... haven't found a job yet after graduating. My friend is helping me with the rent this month, but that's about it. I am flat broke.

Sheesh ... I would even promise to buy a Gold Leader later when they're ready since when I find employment I'll likely be making more than enough to buy that and a TIE Fighter too. If I had enough to move to the Atlanta area (where I want to go) right now I could pick up something that pays between 50 and 75k.

An interesting read from 6 1/2 years ago. Should have read this first....http://www.therpf.com/f9/concerning-steve-neisen-aka-swprop-builder-12368/

This is my favourite bit from Steve.

"In the world of Military Law Enforcement Lieing is by definition "willfully depart from the truth in an effort to deceive." I never departed from the truth. I was planning on shipping it but things came up. I’ve admitted failing in that department but the liar accusations are unfounded. Bad business practices, breaking a promise is what I did. I am not a liar. I had every intention of shipping."

Last edited:
Thanks guys, the shuttle and ROTJ at st patterns just landed here this morning. Molding on the shuttle will start on Sat., it's a lot lot of parts so it will likely take 2 weeks to get them going. After those are done i will cast up the owed shuttles and maybe take a couple new shuttle orders to help pay for the molds. After that i will get the ROTJ as st molded up.
thanks
mike

That is great news!!
A quick question about the AT-ST,...will there be reinforcement in the AT-ST leggs?
I really hope so,...since the weight of the model will surely be to much to keep the leggs straight.
Please let me know Mike.
I think i am the only person being owned the set of larger leggs.
Learning that Mike does the new casts of this model gave me hope.
Not only will i finally receive these in a short time ,but also the castings will be great.
Many thanks Mike for taking care of this.

The legs will be cast with about a 20 percent fill of aluminum power, that strengthens the resin substantially, getting it close to a HDensity resin without the brittleness. Any brass small enough to fit in the parts IMO is not thick enough to strengthen the parts.

You may still want to consider a clear acrylic tube as additional support, but you will get a better feel for that when the legs arrive.
mike

That sounds good to me!
Thanks.
Mike ,let me know if Steve informed you about my past order with him.
Besides the larger At-st legs set there were also missing some other crucial parts to built the model.
I can P.M. the details to you if you want ,..just to be sure.

Thanks guys, the shuttle and ROTJ at st patterns just landed here this morning. Molding on the shuttle will start on Sat., it's a lot lot of parts so it will likely take 2 weeks to get them going. After those are done i will cast up the owed shuttles and maybe take a couple new shuttle orders to help pay for the molds. After that i will get the ROTJ as st molded up.
thanks
mike

Mike,

I would be interested in a Shuttle if you decided to tkae a couple of more orders and an idea of price

Cheers
Tim

I did not get any koolshade from steve, i have 1 piece for you if you want it with the owed kit, but all new kits will come with a cast piece.

The good news is that i will be including clear parts with the new release, you 2 guys with owed kits will get those.
mike

I will get started a little on the molds today, i have a limited amount of mold box material. My street is still unplowed so i am stuck here, maybe for another day, but will pick up steam a little later in the week.
mike

Steve said they were cast and he will try to ship as soon as he can.

We got over 3 feet of snow, some drifts are 4-5 feet. My street may not get plowed until tonight or tomorrow. Likely no school tomorrow so i will have the kids all day, I'll do what i can in the next day or two, then hopefully get back on track later this week. I may start a new thread or just update the original VOS thread here...
thanks
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back