concerning Steve Neisen aka SWProp Builder

Boba Debt

Master Member
I just wanted to warn all of you about Steve, again.

Most people know he is very slow to build anything and getting updates from him is like pulling teeth but I never knew he was a liar.

In early 2003 I sent him a model and we agreed that he would build it and I would build him an E-11 once he gathered up all the parts.

To make a long story short, I still have not received my model.

On February 4, 2006 he told me that it was done but he did not have the parts for the E-11.

However, as a way to compensate me for the misery he put me through the he didn't want any thing for the building the probe droid.

He also sent me pictures and said he would mail it once he had my address, he didn't.

After a couple of months he finally replied to one of my many emails and PMs and apologized, he said that he was going to mail it, but gave no reason for not mailing it before.

I offered to pay for shipping but he refused.

It never came.

Then just last month he said he was taking it to the UPS store and that I should have it soon, it never came.

Most of us know Steve is slow and non-responsive but I've never knew he was a liar.

Now that I have made this info public I doubt I will get my model and even if I do I won't be able to stand looking at it.

In fact, I get mad when I go into my room and see my SN Tie Fighter and the CC X-Wing he built for me.

[edit of title only - Treadwell]

I just don't understand why people do this? I was in the same boat with him years ago( he eventually did the right thing years later but it still sucked going through that) and just recently with Daniel B.. the guy who makes predator costumes.What happened to ethics? And this from a guy in Military Law enforcement.. he of all people should have enough ethics not to do this to fellow members.
If you can't get something done, TELL THE PERSON.. don't string them along and Bull#$% them. It just makes you look bad and damages any future dealings. Sorry to hear you are going through this Boba Debt.

This kind of stuff really ticks me off- it's one of the reasons I haven't been here in a while. I had a board member stick it to me for $600 after I delivered a finished product (a custom 18k gold ring). He even emailed me to tell me how beautiful it was when he received it- then nothing. No returning of phone calls, no emails, no PM's, etc. I made the reverse mistake- shipping a finished product before getting payment. I now require half down and the remainder upon completion for any custom work. Live and learn..... still sucks though.

Jerome

<div class='quotetop'>(Honus @ Sep 2 2006, 08:02 AM) [snapback]1311688[/snapback]</div>
This kind of stuff really ticks me off- it's one of the reasons I haven't been here in a while. I had a board member stick it to me for $600 after I delivered a finished product (a custom 18k gold ring). He even emailed me to tell me how beautiful it was when he received it- then nothing. No returning of phone calls, no emails, no PM's, etc. I made the reverse mistake- shipping a finished product before getting payment. I now require half down and the remainder upon completion for any custom work. Live and learn..... still sucks though.

Jerome
[/b]
Boba Debt, pardon me for the momentary highjack...

Honus, please tell me that you posted the name of the member that did that to you, if not please start a thread with the information (everyone needs to know when things like that happen).

...back to the specific topic...

We all know that because of the nature many of the transactions that take place in this "hobby", stuff doesn't get finished on time for whatever reason, BUT no matter what the reasons are for the delay, when someone chooses to lie IMHO they have crossed the line and no longer deserve the usual "don't worry you will get your stuff, he is just really, really busy but you will get your stuff, he will do the right thing, blah, blah, blah".

There is never a valid reason for lying to someone that you have dealings with.

In the past I have forgiven Steve for being slow and unresponsive, but this is the first time that he has lied to me, that I know of.

I also have a hard time understanding people who refuse to communicate. It's (most of the time) inexcusable. I had a person or two tell me they wanted a Time Bandits map when I did the run and say "I'll send you the money tomorrow" and then nothing... not even an "I changed my mind".

That's why I try to keep everyone up to date as much as I can when they are getting something from me. Like now, I've doing a few cutaway lightsabers for people here and on Rebelscum. Each saber is unique and I'm trying to send pictures with every major step. I even try to let everyone know of small, seemingly trivial issues to make sure they don't feel cheated. If I should somehow need more time or run into a snag, I'd say so right away.

It's just common courtesy- especially of you're holding people's money while they wait for completion. Sure, you can have a "real life crisis" but you've gotta stay in touch anyway.

GuyÂ’s I got no place to hide. Nor do I want to. Fact of the matter The SMT Probe Deal was bad from the start. The original deal was a trade for labor for me to build the PD for a rail for a blaster I had dreams of making. It took almost 4 months to receive the PD from SMT. Then a string of deployments and other projects kept it pushed back on the back burner. I have sent pics of the PD to David. It have it built and have every intentions of shipping this last time but the legs are so delicate packing it two came off. Could I have stuck it in there and pressed on? It wouldnÂ’t be my problem then. CouldnÂ’t do that.

I could have also sent an email but at this point it would not have done any good? David, man, IÂ’m sorry. I will send the PD. Please remind folks that I have declined to receive my part of the trade a while ago because of the tremendous wait. The un ethical thing would have got something from this and not produce. Plus I was in the process of upgrading the SMT PD to one of the Studio Scale Probe Droids I make. A last attempt to say sorry, a guy with no Ethics does that.

SteveÂ… so much for making amends.. I appreciate it. I wasted my time trying to make it square with you. You took advantage of me trying to make things right by sandbagging me here. Talk about being disappointed. I admitted my mistakes in our deal and contacted you and tried to make good. I do not want to get into in the open here. Steve IÂ’ve e squared with you but I see that was a mistake. In hind site it wasnÂ’t.. trying to make peace was the right thing to do. If your still angry thatÂ’s on you but hey I tried.

David you PD is finished IÂ’ve sent you pics. IÂ’ve re attached the legs but have been balls busy this past few weeks. Folks can make judgments all they want. You all can say hurtful things and stir the pot and let loose. I wish I could say I donÂ’t care but thatÂ’s not the truth. I do care. I know there are a lot more folks IÂ’ve hooked up then let down.

“The road is paved with good intentions” and that’s the best way I can describe this. A liar? Damn, that’s harsh but if it makes you feel better let it go I deserve it. Know this I never intended to lie to you. For that I am sorry. I don’t think of it as a lie rather than I didn’t make a commitment. Several for that matter.

I am slow as Christmas and my communication skills suck. I admit that. Never have denied it. All I can say is IÂ’ll try better next time. With some of you I know there will never be a next time. IÂ’ve agreed to that all the while thatÂ’s my fault. No one elseÂ’s. Not running and hiding here folks. This deal was sour from the git go. Nothing David did contributed to the tardiness of this build. ItÂ’s finished and IÂ’ll send it.

I have no bad blood with you but when you got members here having problems with you again, what does that lead me to believe bro?
Why is it so difficult to just do what you say you will do, have an acceptable amount of contact with your customers and come through?
Yes, you finally came through for me, it took quite some time, several years, but you did. I'm not bashing you but really Steve, you and I are in the same field of work and the last thing I want is for someone to call me a liar, dishonest, etc.That isn't what we are about man.We are held to a higher standard than most people because we are in Law Enforcement. I know Boba debt's reputation is pretty good and I never doubted what he claimed was true. I know because I've been there with you in the past.
You will NEVER hear anyone say that I lie about my commissions or that someone didn't get something in the time alotted or lack of communication. If you want to do this as a side business and make money, then you NEED to be on top of things, communicate and just be Straight foward. I hope you understand. I'm not bashing you.

<div class='quotetop'>(swpropmaker @ Sep 3 2006, 01:14 AM) [snapback]1312034[/snapback]</div>
Fact of the matter The SMT Probe Deal was bad from the start. The original deal was a trade for labor for me to build the PD for a rail for a blaster I had dreams of making. It took almost 4 months to receive the PD from SMT.
[/b]

How was it a bad deal? I asked if you could do it, you said you could, we agreed that as compensation for your work I would build you an E-11 from your parts.

Saying it was a bad deal from the start indicates that you somehow felt cheated or that I was somehow at fault from the beginning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<div class='quotetop'>(swpropmaker @ Sep 3 2006, 01:14 AM) [snapback]1312034[/snapback]</div>
I have it built and have every intentions of shipping this last time but the legs are so delicate packing it two came off. Could I have stuck it in there and pressed on? It wouldnÂ’t be my problem then. CouldnÂ’t do that.
[/b]

I have told you several times you could ship the with the legs unattached.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remind folks that I have declined to receive my part of the trade a while ago because of the tremendous wait.
[/b]

I clearly explained that in my first post

I could have also sent an email but at this point it would not have done any good?
[/b]

An email the Tuesday after you promised to ship it explaining that the legs broke off would have gone a long way to preventing this post.

“The road is paved with good intentions” and that’s the best way I can describe this. A liar? Damn, that’s harsh but if it makes you feel better let it go I deserve it.
[/b]

You have told me 3 times that you were going to ship my PD on the following Monday and 3 times it has not been shipped.

That is known as lying

This deal was sour from the git go. Nothing David did contributed to the tardiness of this build. ItÂ’s finished and IÂ’ll send it.
[/b]

You bring this up again, why was it sour from the "git go"

Well said Steve. Taken to heart. Seriously I know about the higher standard and when I see my name up there in bold print it hurts. It really does.

I know I'm not a liar.

I know can be trusted.

I just take on to much and Its hard to say no. I get behind then the trouble starts. Cause I hate to let folks down. Still its a problem. I hold no grudges here. I got what I desearve. I made the bed now its time to lay in it.

Back in the early days they would lock a guy in the stocks and bash his short commings and failures publicly, well deserved in certain situations. David had to lock me in the stocks. He's the one really suffering here. I will try to do right even though I know I'm a turd in his opinion no matter what I do from here on out.

Being an accused Liar and having no Ethics does bother me knowing what I was trying to do the right thing and upgrade his kit and surprise him but I should have just buckled down and shipped his project. Giving up my end of the trade because of the tremendous wait is the least I could do.

Folks who know me know I mean well and always come through but my tardyness has indeed taken advantage of good people here and once again I'm sorry about that and will strive to better.

Im deeply sorry to all that Ive caused pain and frustration. I know sorry doesnt cut it David, It's something I have to live with knowing I let you down. damn.. this sucks and all I have to blame is me.. what a crappy feeling this has put in the pit of my stomach. You would think a guy without Ethics and a known Liar would not feel this way. I think Luke said it best "there still is good in him."

Steve generously offered to send me a few spare parts over a year ago. Kept telling me he would ship them. I kept offering to pay. Never did send them and eventually stopped answering my PM's.

I know he was giving me something for free but why string me along for so long just to ignore me at the end and leave me hanging??

Runner see below quote.

"I just take on to much and Its hard to say no. I get behind then the trouble starts. Cause I hate to let folks down."

You fell into the same cycle of everything mentioned here. I made your parts for free at my cost, but just like I built the freaking PD other things took presidence. I got behind in PM's and man it snowballs.

Thanks for chiming in.. nothing like a good dog pile to make me feel even worse.

<div class='quotetop'>(Runner @ Sep 2 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]1312076[/snapback]</div>
Steve generously offered to send me a few spare parts over a year ago. Kept telling me he would ship them. I kept offering to pay. Never did send them and eventually stopped answering my PM's.

I know he was giving me something for free but why string me along for so long just to ignore me at the end and leave me hanging??
[/b]

I just hope you guys can work it out. Steve, you are one of the most talented model makers I know. Just stop biting off more than you can chew and you will be okay. When artists do that, things snowball, you know?

<div class='quotetop'>(Montagar @ Sep 2 2006, 07:29 AM) [snapback]1311697[/snapback]</div>
Boba Debt, pardon me for the momentary highjack...

Honus, please tell me that you posted the name of the member that did that to you, if not please start a thread with the information (everyone needs to know when things like that happen).

...back to the specific topic...

[/b]

The person's name is Lavelle Ward- He went by the name Daywalker. I had posted before in the past if anyone knew of his whereabouts or had dealings with him but no luck. I don't think he's been active here in some time.

What I meant was once our deal was struck it took another 4 months to receive the PD from SMT. The PD then had parts missing and all. I had already moved on to other projects so I got myself over extended. ThatÂ’s all IÂ’m trying to say. You did nothing wrong but put your trust in me.

ItÂ’s my fault

I screwed up.

DonÂ’t you know I understand the consequences of my actions here? A respected RPF member such as your self posting this type of thread does to readers. First itÂ’s a no kidding public RPF assassination of me. Indeed deserving but seriously final in its totality.

You are respected RPFer and I am not, so I lose in everyway. There are loyalists that no matter what I say or do IÂ’ll never win. There are folks who read your post will judge me entirely against our dealings. They will not even consider the hundreds of good things IÂ’ve done here on the RPF nor will they take a chance on a liar and untrustworthy dealer as I am painted here on your thread. Because of your post many will ever get a chance to know me or deal with me. I made this bed and I have to lay in it.

It is my responsibility no one elseÂ’s.

I will send you your Probe Droid. I will suffer the penalty for failing you and dropping the ball on our deal. If there were ever an example of messing over the wrong guy this is it. No one, no matter what their status deserved the service you received ever.

With that.

This thread has made me realize several things. I will be in open discussions with a fellow board member here to see if he wants to take over kit operations here at Nice-N Model Designs (my garage) and try to bring back a reputation of sound practice and solid product. It is apparent that under my charge the future is tainted. I will resort to a position of resin monkey and mold maker and allow a more responsible person run the affairs that I have failed in, customer communication and timely delivery being the two primary areas.

A lot has happened since this deal started, and I am sorry that I let you down. My Dad always said “sorry doesn’t cut it mister.” But it’s the only thing I can muster at this time to say. The disappointment is smothering.

I hope one day down the road when better days are among us you can find the heart to forgive my poor performance It is my responsibility and I dropped it like a hot potato.

I hoped that facing this would show that my intentions were good and show that I except responsibility for my short comings in this deal with you David.

I will give much thought to removing myself from the RPF community tonight.

Go for it SWP. Your loss is our gain...

Got to side with David here if he can do this:

David can you post up either email or post where SWP said he would ship the item?

But even if he cant I will say this.... David can be a down right ass, but I have never found him to be a lier.

SWP however, let me take the time to call you a lieing sack of @#$%.. I dare you to prove me wrong. Go on.. Do it.

I certainly can understand your situation Steve and have stated that in many of our conversations. My frustration came from the fact that I needed those spare parts to try and fix an E-Bay purchase were I basically got ripped off. You assured me on several occasions that the parts were boxed up and shipping (shipped) out.

I declined several offers from a fellow board member to buy my ruined TIE off of me and make some of my stolen money back.

I based the decision to keep the TIE on your words. Now I am out hundreds and have no way of fixing the TIE.

Just really disapointed since if you just told me what was up, I could have recouped some of my losses.

Dang, talk about a public lynching.

I've met Steve in person and he is a great guy. I never made him out to be a liar or downright malicous person. I havent known him for long but that was my first impression.

Anyway I am supposed to get a build up from him down the line (still waiting on those parts to come in), and I hope things go through ok. I have witnessed times where Steve was hard to get a hold of, but I also havent been through the extended circumstances David has had to bear.

Steve, you have great talent - dont let bad communication or other issues taint what you have to offer. If you can improve those aspects you should be a-ok. :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back