New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

None of us should complain though. We all knew ordering a Holy Grail kit from Russia probably wasn't going to be like ordering thru Amazon Prime! LOL!

So after filing my claim with the PO guess what magically appeared in my email?

fwpses.jpg

Watching the progress reports on this shipment is like a microcosm of Soviet-era bureaucracy; received, sent to another office in Perm, sorted, sent to another office in Perm, sent to another town, received, sorted, sent to Moscow, received in Moscow, sent to another office in Moscow, received, released from Moscow for shipping! Oh, but then sent to Moscow CUSTOMS, received by Moscow customs, released within one minute, then sent to local distribution center, and awaiting departure from Russia...where it still sits...waiting....for days now...:lol

Lol mine has been in Australian customs since December 23. It flew through Russia and was out of there customs in minutes. As soon as it gets to Australia it just stops dead in its tracks. Just that time of year I guess. :)

Ben

While waiting for this, what size fiber optic would be adequate for this model? Ive never done fiber optic lighting and could be the perfect opportunity to loose my fiber optic virginity.

I would say no bigger than .5mm (maybe even .25mm), that's what I used on my 3 foot Salzo Galactica.

2h2fjt4.jpg

And other oddity. I got an email from USPS tracking saying it arrived at my PO at 3:07pm yesterday. I then got another email this morning saying that it arrived at my PO this morning at 5:24am. How can it arrive twice in the same place????

Oh no! Maybe the packag was broken into 2 pieces, thus the delay...they had to find the missing half. :devil

Kidding of course but, God, I'm going to feel bad if your kit is damaged! :facepalm

Chris

You'll get it! I'll post some more pics tonight, not that anyone doesn't already know what every part looks like. Anyone looking for specific close ups to tide you over?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back