New Zorro on Disney

joberg

Legendary Member
New Zorro on Disney Branded Television with Wilmer Valderrama to star and co-produce the series. Executive Producer will be Gary Marsh.

They can do this, but not bother to put the classic Disney Zorro episodes on +, besides the original movie? Glad I have them on DVD.

They can do this, but not bother to put the classic Disney Zorro episodes on +, besides the original movie? Glad I have them on DVD.

Well it depends on how long this series has been in development. If they had some thoughts about relaunching Zorro a couple years ago (even without the current story line developed yet), they would hold off putting it on the platform so they could use premiering the original series as part of the promotion of the new one. Plus I get the feeling that there's like one team working on cleaning up/formatting the older Disney stuff, it just might be further down on the list. Good thing they aren't going alphabetically.

What about Zorro, The Gay Blade? or is that not ok these days?

One bit, two bits, six bits a dollar, all for Zorro, stand up and hollar! :)

Well, unlike Guy Williams (from Italian origin) we'll have a "closer" actor to play Zorro (Colombian/Venezuelan) actor:lol:
Italian wouldn't be that far off since, from what I've read, the character was originally supposed to have been a Spaniard, or at least of Spanish descent but born in CA. He was not supposed to have been Hispanic, which fits the period since the gentry of the time, in that part of CA, would have been mostly Spanish. So while Italian isn't quite Spanish, it is European, which Spanish is too, so it kind of fits, even if Italy is a bit separated from Spain.

the character was originally supposed to have been a Spaniard, or at least of Spanish descent but born in CA. He was not supposed to have been Hispanic, which fits the period since the gentry of the time, in that part of CA, would have been mostly Spanish
Point of order, people from Spain are Hispanic (they speak Spanish). You are thinking of Latino. And if he was born in California to Spanish parents you could legitimately say he's Latino as well. Of course the term Hispanic didn't exist yet, and Latino didn't either.

Last edited:

I though it was...

"One bit, two bits, 6 bits a peso... all for Zorro, stand up and say so!"

Close, but no cigar.
”One bit, two bits, three bits a peso! All for Zorro, stand up and say so!”

Awesome! I’m a big Zorro fan. It’s about time for another live action adaptation. I’m partial to the New World Zorro series personally, but really wish Disney+ would put the full Guy Williams series one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back