New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! (June '09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here!...

Hello!

I'm really rather a newbie here, and haven't even made an icon for my avatar yet. Just bear with me.

anyway, I make a few props here and there and even collect, I live in Massachusetts and was sent here by 0nerios who helped me build some of my very first props!

I plan to post some pictures of my props, one i know some of you have seen because 0nerious posted it for me. that being my Evil dead Chainsaw prop. i have recently started making some Steampunk type Sonic Screwdrivers and may post a tutorial some time.

Anyhoo, I just want to say hello, introduce myself and say that i hope to be able to add to the props made here by people and maybe even learn some new things from all you veteran prop makers. ^_^

Hey everyone,...

New to this whole costuming/prop world.

A HUGE fan of Star Wars!!! Working on my Obi-Wan Kenobi costume, and know that this place will have tons of info to tap into for this.

Been waiting for a while to get on to this forum.

Glad I finally made it :)

Hey Every-one,

My name is Michael, and I am from Orange County, Cali.

I been reading therpf for about a year now. I finally remembered to register. :wacko

I have a huge collection of Rocketeer items. A wide range of items starting with a one-of-a-kind Master Replicas Prototype rocketeer statue to Movie Props. I have lithos, prints, statues, busts, helmets, rocketpacks, pins, signed dave stevens stuff, etc etc. I have a lot of rocketeer stuff.

Also, I enjoy star wars, ghostbusters, and batman stuff.

hello everyone. thanks for having me here!

I love collecting any props related to law enforcement. especially older movies like die hard and lethal weapon.

have a great morning, its eow for me!

Hello and thanks for letting me join the forum. I've been eyeing up threads and topics for years and often dying to reply, give my inputs or post questions... and even more often I missed those rare opportunities of joining it.

Even if I'm more orientated towards costumes (rather than props) it's still an immense pleasure to see the fantastic props and models that so many members of this forum can create with their own hands. I have rarely seen a forum with such a numerous group of skillful members.

I am a busy person and perhaps my posts won't be as frequent as some other members but you will probably notice my presence in several threads. I have a few collectables, one good costume and lots of information which I will share with the community.
My main interests are Alien trilogy (yeah trilogy, not quadrilogy ), Indiana Jones... as well as many other films.

Thanks again for the possibility to join this great forum.

Jonesy the cat

hi to everyone,

i´m from germany and i´m interested a long time in movie props.
Some weeks ago i took notice from the rpf and so i read along some wekks.

So i registrated me, as it become avalible.

i´m glad to be here, thanks

shark-bay

Hi all,

Name's Alan, from the small Mediterranean island of Malta. Glad to have joined the RPF :) . I am 42 years old, retired, and like collecting props, astrophotography, and arts & crafts.

My collection of movie memorabilia so far are these

http://www.geocities.com/alancastillo1/MovieMemorabilia

The other bla bla bla ( .. yawn warning .. :lol ) about me is here

http://www.geocities.com/alancastillo1

Cheers,

Alan

Hello everyone. My name is Dan. I'm 33 and have a wonderful wife and 3 month old child who live with me just outside of Boston, MA.

I have completed 2 very accurate costumes so far: Indiana Jones and an X-wing Pilot. I've also worked on several props including a fertility idol, a Last Crusade Grail Diary, and a Leap of Faith painting.

My upcoming projects will be a Ghostbuster costume and a rebel pilot helmet.

I'm also planning on posting a tutorial on how to convert a costumebase flak vest to make it more screen accurate, and a tutorial on how to convert the Indiana Jones fertility idol money bank into a solid prop.

I'm very excited to finally be a member of this community and look forward to sharing information with all of the talented individuals here.

Hello,
I am 31 years old and I am a mechanical engineering student at the University of South Carolina in Columbia. I have been married for two years. One of my biggest "prop" projects that I have completed is my 1969 Dodge Charger that I fully restored into a screen accurate General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard tv show. It is signed by several of the cast members so far. Once Im done with school, I want to start working on a Ghostbusters Proton Pack.

Hello MK Ultra here, collector from Mexico. Been collecting for some years and more recently moved to collecting mostly life size statues and props. Been observing this forum for some time admiring the awesome talent on here and honored to be a member now, thanks.

Last edited:

Hello all!

I am extremely excited to be a part of this forum. I am an avid prop replica collector and builder with a focus on Star Trek, Ghostbusters, Goonies, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, MST3K, and Star Wars. I also enjoy a few pieces from Jurassic Park, the Mummy, Arrested Development, Forrest Gump, Cast Away, MIB, Gremlins, James Bond, Galaxy Quest, 24, Meet the Parents, Superbad, Momento, Lord of the Rings, and a few I am sure I am forgetting.

I also own a few screen used pieces from Arrested Development, various James Bond films, and Magnolia.

Ever since I was a small child, I had a penchant for building replica pieces from the movies I loved. Certainly, without the internet, or the wonderful sources for reference around today, pieces would be hardly screen accurate. I remember spending hours rewinding and fast forwarding VHS tapes to get a glimpse of this or that, trying to get the clearest picture I could from the hazy, violently shaking picture on pause. These days, with the help of a wonderful community, I have had a chance to relive my childhood.

I would love to showcase some of my pieces soon and share my favorite hobby. Thank you again for this chance and hope to contribute to the community.

Joe

Howdy, I'm glad to have got in. I been have making Renaissance costumes for 15 yrs. for friends and family. I'm a Dr. Who and Star Wars nerd, and my wife is just as bad for Star Trek. I'm currently modding a Vader (bought it before I new better) and working on a Boba Fett. I've done a Stormshadow and Snake Eyes costume a few years ago (before the movie was announced). That is about it.

Bonded Hawk

Hello all! I am a 30-something lifetime sci-fi fan. My first love is Star Trek but I have some pretty broad genre interests. I did extensive modeling as a kid and young adult and have rediscovered this as an adult. I have been doing modeling again for about the past two years, mostly TOS-related items.

I am really glad to be here!

-Trekfan

Another new prop guy.

Right now I'm having the most fun with a few 1:1 scale prop cars that I run to charity events and car shows around LA with the folks at Star Car Central.

This one is one of two evil Horaces built by Disney studios for the made-for-tv version of "The Love Bug" in 1997 starring B-movie legend Bruce Campbell:

063quarterfront.jpg

It's full of all sorts of fun studio construction, and by studio construction I mean lots of Bondo, aluminum tape, and spray paint.

This one is a Herbie I cobbled together from parts wrecked stunt cars from the last Herbie film with Lindsay Lohan "Herbie: Fully Loaded". My pop and I assembled this one the week after I graduated from my undergraduate studies to appear at the premiere of the flick in Hollywood on Father's day 2005. (Disney blocked off Hollywood boulevard and had a row of about 20 cars there for the stars to take pictures with - all were fans' cars because the studio ones didn't really look all that great close up, and Disney likes to treat their fans quite well).

Untitled-161.jpg

Last week the marshmallow got a touch of frankenstein with a 12 channel remote and on-board PLC computer from an engineer in Florida:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70zHWMY_mOs
(Anyone know how to embed a Youtube movie in a post?)

The latest one is my replacement commuter car, a nice fake James Bond car BMW 740 which is a lot more comfortable than a VW on a long trip to a car show. I've been changing out a few bits here and there and the "Tomorrow Never Dies" rocket launcher should be operational sometime near the end of the summer.

P6100045.jpg

The Bond car in particular has caught me a little behind the times in terms of the latest prop technology. I built all of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 robot puppets and most of the widgets used on the classic Doctor Who series about 15 years ago when I was in high school, but I could certainly use a pointer or two on building more high-tech Bond gadgets. Right now the only hand props I have for kids to play with when they're looking at the Bond car fall into the "found on Ebay" category, a set of folding binoculars used in The Living Daylights, a joystick base which will turn into a Goldeneye mine with some paint and an RF remote in a hollowed-out watch, and a Tomorrow Never Dies phone I threw together in about 20 minutes for a charity ball a month and a half ago.

P9040011.jpg

I look forward to learning what this community knows about fabrication. CNC machining is no problem for me but I'm completely in the dark in terms of resin and foam rubber casting, which I'm going to need to master if I want to make "NERF" rockets which can fire out of the top of the BMW and not hurt somebody.

Cheers (and sorry if I'm supposed to post novels in my own thread instead of hijacking the newbie thread).

--Brian

Hey guys, finnally i'm able to post my stuff here.
Well i'm kind of a handyman when it comes to propmaking.
I make 3d models for custuming. The pepakura method.
I've come from the 405th. Ye Halo armor.
But I have a wide arsenal of diffrent things...

here is some of my stuff:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16786&hl=

also was on the front page of the red faction site with this:

process.jpg

This is AWESOME! The 3-step pic really makes your final piece stick out :)

Hi Everyone!

It's an honor to be a member of this world-renowned forum.

Please allow me to intorduce myself.

I have been a enthusiastic star wars fan and have been collecting sw prop replicas. But when FM falcon kit appeared, I decided to become a modeler to make a good falcon and I have studied modeling techniques since then. I found that this forum very helpful.
My dream has not come true yet, but last year, I finished Randy's Tantive IV!
I think I want to upload the photo's some day.

Hi everyone, my names Chris and I have come over from the endobuildersgroup, I know quite alot of the members already so I look forward to posting on ya boards, peace out!!!

Heard about this forum elsewhere, and wanted to peek in and say hello. I'm an old Trekkie (watched original airings as a young 'un, had my nose against the screen in reruns to see the props and set dressings), and after a hiatus, have become a born-again Trekkie.

"No," I don't like the new movie. I'll just get that out of the way. (Video blogs about it are in production....)

Starting to collect, I have a few privately made replicas as well as some MR Tricorders (one mint, two non-functioning). I like the old (1970s, 1980s) anachronistic replicas as well as the new, super-authentic reproductions, too. I also enjoy making "faux prop replicas," taking found objects and using similar materials as the originals to make "new originals" as might've been imagined if Star Trek had done a fourth or fifth season. Something about those 1960s props maintain their allure, either because of nostalgic "yesterday's tomorrows" futurustic look, or the design sensibilities of Wah Chang and Matt Jeffries. Holding an authentic repro in one's hands is just ... magic.

Looking forward to learning a few things here and trading stories.

David

Hello folks!

I'm glad that I've finally made it to the RPF.

I'm relatively new in the business of prop- and costume-collecting.

Mainly I collect props from "Battlestar Galactica" (1978 original series) and Walt Disney's underestimated sci-fi movie "The Black Hole".

Hope I'll have a great time here... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back