New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! (June '09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here!...

Hey, I'm JB (DuLake). I'm a college student and have just always enjoyed fidgeting with weird things. I'm primarily a writer, but every now and then I get the urge to build something tangible, like the half completed bat-mask and wolverine claws I have lying in front of me right now. Always wanted to learn how to make really good stuff and be all crafty and the like, so I started poking around a few sites, learned some interesting stuff but still really want to learn more. I'm a big fan of comic books, so I'd love to build me some of the gadgets from those pages. I think my replica pipe dream right now is to build myself a full scale Bane. No idea where I'd put it, just kind of want to build one.

Howdy all,

I've been hanging around these parts for the past several months and am happy to finally be able to register. I have been admiring all the the incredible work done here. Although I am mostly a collector, I am definitely interested in trying my hand at making some stuff. I just got to get my garage cleaned out so I have a work space.

So about me... I am a movie buff. Have been my whole life. Like probably most of the people here, I had always wanted a Stormtrooper helmet, which I finally was able to get a few months back. I also have a keen interest in movie firearms. I'm currently putting together an M41a Pulse Rifle, which represents my current "holy grail" piece.

Well, that's pretty much it. Looking forward to contributing where I can.

Hello to all! I'm Dario from Italy.
I've lurked here for many month and, at last, I'm in! :)

I'm a 360° movie props admirer and I like to build it with my hands. I'm a big Indian Jones fan, COW and IGI (Indy Gear Italia) member and all my newest props are Indy related. You can see it here: BAZZANOJONES PROPS GALLERY

I'm also a member of the 501st italica Garrison with a couple of costumes scratch-made by myself, a Tusken Raider and custom Bounty Hunter.

I end my introduction tell you that I'm very happy to be here and making my best congratulations to all the excellent artist on that board. :thumbsup

Hello everyone! My name is David. I've been checking this forum every so often for awhile. I'm a geek mostly of the comic book and toy collecting kind, but I'm generally good with my hands also. So I think this forum is a good fit, and I'm excited to participate in some discussions.

When I was in college, I majored in biomedical science and minored in art. I ended up having access to a lot of cool materials and tools in labs, workshops, and studios. This was around 1999, so I ended up making a few lightsabers first. Most of my recent artwork has been drawing and painting, but I'm hoping this board will get me working in three dimensions again. As an artist, I like the idea of manufacturing artifacts from times or places that never existed.

My other geek credentials are somewhat varied. I know good bookstores across the United States. My comics occupy a bookshelf twelve feet high. I can get Macs and iPhones to do really cool things. I'm a good hypnotist and can probably get you to quack like a duck. I've thrown dinner parties simply with my many macaroni & cheese recipes. My Super Powers action figure collection is complete.

I'm looking forward to hanging out and hopefully making some fun stuff.

Man, it's so great to finally become a registered member here! I've lurked on these boards for a couple of years now and feel lucky to have had the assistance of all the talented resources here in my own costume-creation quests.

I'm an avid TV and movie buff, across multiple genres. But most passionately for me are the Star Wars and the Firefly universes (although I love them all). I can only hope to contribute to others here as much as you have all contributed to me, and I certainly look forward to meeting many of you at various conventions, and being able to admire your handy-work first hand.

Glad to be here!

So...with this new batch of nuggets...that meens I'm not a noob now? :lol :p ;)

Welcome evryone!

So...with this new batch of nuggets...that meens I'm not a noob now? :lol :p ;)

Welcome evryone!

If you have to ask, you are still a noob. :p :lol

I know I'm still a noob........

*looks for the search feature*

I'm Minako! I'm a long time costumer, who always avoided making props. So since I am a psycho prefectionist almost to a fault, I came here to learn from the best. So hello to everyone!

Hi!

My name's Paul and I'm rather new to the world of prop replicating. As a current reenactor I know what it's like to be a stickler to authenticity (whether it be historically or on screen)- so hopefully this will eventually come to me.

Until then I'll just mess around with attempting to create random small props from some of my favorite films.

Well, I'm Snickers. Been wanting to join this forum for quite awhile, so I'm glad to be here.

I've been wanting to get into the world of propmaking for a couple of years now, so I'm hoping to pick up some good tips/tricks to make some props from some of my favorite shows. I'm mainly into Sentai/PR props, but I'm also looking into making a few things from Dragonball Z, mainly the Saiyan Armor. Found a few good armor-making tutorials, so at least that's a start. :)

Hi. I'm knightone. Some of you might have seen me on the various Trek based forums and ASAP. Looking forward to being part of this community too.

Hello
I've been looking to register on the RPF for sometime now. I finally caught the open registration!
I'm mainly a Star Wars fan with interests in most other si-fi movies and shows.
I'm an illustrator, muralist, and sculptor located in Phoenix, AZ.
Feel free to check out my work at
www.grumeretz.com
thanks,
Dan

I'm The Stig, most of my prop experience so far is based on the new BSG and I'm looking to branch out into other stuff, mostly Star Wars and Ghostbusters.

Hello,

I'm Ray. I'm a long time Star Trek fan, and occasional collector of screen used Star Trek costumes, pre-production art and signage, and prop replicas from the various Star Trek movies and TV shows. Looking forward to learning from the master prop builders here.

Cheers!

-Ray

Hey guys, finnally i'm able to post my stuff here.
Well i'm kind of a handyman when it comes to propmaking.
I make 3d models for custuming. The pepakura method.
I've come from the 405th. Ye Halo armor.
But I have a wide arsenal of diffrent things...

here is some of my stuff:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16786&hl=

also was on the front page of the red faction site with this:

process.jpg

Hello everyone. My name is Zander, but you may call me Z.

I live in Plano Texas and have had my hands in prop building for about 2 years now.

So far I woud have to say my "babies" are my Proton Pack and my Pyramid Head.

ummm...

^^;;;;

That is about it.

Hello Everyone!
I am a new register here but a long time fan of the forums and it's talented members. I am a member of the 501st Legion and the Rebel Legion as well as a couple other costuming groups out there. So far I have a Rebel Fleet Trooper, Tusken Raider, MiB, Umbrella Lab Tech, Crazy 88 and Joker Gang member costumes complete. I have in the works a Royal Guard, Jurassic Park Ranger, Gotham City Police Detective in raid gear, and a few SG-1 costumes. Planned costumes I would like to do are Ram-Man (from He-Man), Priest of Set (from Conan), Rebel Endor Commando, and an ALIENS chest buster victim. I have also built (with help from more experienced prop builders) a remote controlled MSE-6 mouse droid. I look forward to posting as well as following the progress of others here on the RPF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back