New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! (Jan. '10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here!

Hello everybody!!! Been trying to get on here for awhile and finally had the chance today!!!! Big Terminator fan and looking to add to it.

Hey folks. My name's Andrew, and I'm from Newfoundland, currently ex-pat in New Haven, CT.

I'm new to this whole world so I'm here to learn and be astounded by the stuff that comes out of here.

Hey, hey.

My name is Tom and live in England, the home of not being able to get things very easily and DEFINITELY not being able to "just pop down to your local XXXX" as we have none of those stores here.

Longish time lurker and first time registrant. (...yeah not a real word, I know) hoping to get some ideas and such.

The two lightsabers that I most like are the luke's epVI and obi-wan's epIII.
When I started this project I focused on the luke's lightsaber and collected all the information I could find about it and have it machined. After a prototype was made, I then adapted it so I could fit the blade and electronics.
This is almost the finished hilt, and I say almost because there's a part missing, the ignitor box. It is missing because I want to add some led's and electronics and until I define them, I cannot do it with the right inside dimensions.

As to my Obi-wan's saber, I'm still looking for the perfect hilt and after some search, I found it. It appears that a member of this forum, Russ from rbreplicas as been machining exact props from the parts used to form the lightsaber. I'm waiting for the pommel and then the last part that I will not have will be the emitter.

After I have all the parts, I will start the electronic part of the project and when I do, I will most likely open a thread so I can share it with you guys and have some help and support also.

Thank you, José.
Oh, awesome stuff, ZexX!

I'm another fan of the Luke RotJ and I like the work you've done on it.

And yeah, Russ is fantastic with the work he does (and he's a great person, too. That helps quite a bit :))- I'm waiting on a pommel and emitter too (apart from all the bits that make up the control box area)- can't wait until we newbies have all of his Obi-Wan parts... There'll be 10 new threads a day showing off how amazing our new lightsabers are :lol

Oh, and welcome to everyone else!

Hey all, I've been an on and off lurker here for years and actually registered back in June.

I'm really more of a model maker, but I do want to venture into props as well. I'll have to get a pic, but I do have a Larbel Graflex I converted years back that needs redone as well as the MPP. So obviously my main interest is in Star Wars, but there are a few other odds and ends I'm into as well.

Anyways I look forward to finally being a part of this board and can't wait get started.

Peace

Hey everyone Jason from St Louis here I do alot of metalworking but no reproductions yet, a few of my buddies and I are getting ready to build a set of proton packs so i hope to absorb some of the fantastic info from the site.

Hello everyone from warm and sunny Arizona! My name is Chris but everyone calls me Farva. I am a member of the 501st and love building and painting costumes, props, models and miniatures.

I am glad to finally be a part of this forum as I hear so many great things about it but always seem to miss the registartion periods!

I hope to bring to the table as much as I take. One thing I can offer is battery help from advice to getting you good prices on product. I am the assistant manager for the Interstate Batteries distributorship here in Tucson.

Hey everyone!

My name is Matt and I live in Boulder, CO. I've been doing a lot of DIY electronics over the past few years and have been looking for something to use these random devices for. After coming across this forum a few months ago, it became clear that replica props are the perfect solution for me. :-D

"Best . . . Forum . . . Ever!" (*in my most accurate Comic Book Guy voice)

Hailing from Colorado here as well.

I've been lurking for a few weeks now and I'm excited to finally be posting!
I've always had that creative drive and have recently put my skills to use making movie replicas and costumes over the past few years. I look forward to being an active member in the community! I've really enjoyed seeing all the amazing creations of the other members on the RPF. Finally some freaks like me!

Here is one of the first props I ever did:

claspc1.jpg

Hey all, been a board troll for a while - been waiting for registration to open up for some time and have missed it a time or two before BUT I'm on now :).

I'm on a few other SW related boards so if the handle sounds familiar... that's probably why.

Anyways I'm a vader freak but I've got quite a few SW props/costumes in the works so I'll have my eye out on the Junkyard ;).

And if anyone knows of a very authentic maker of a Luke Hoth Snowspeeder "cold weather" pilot jacket... point 'em my way please. :)

Just to clarify I'm an authentic prop luvr and collector, and a graphic artist by trade, I do light work on personal projects but I'm no prop maker or anything even close to capable/talented when it comes to fabricating, sculpting, molding etc. I let the artistic genius-types who do that thing best do it. I just watch, clap my hands in de-lite at the pics and buy stuff from time to time. Oh yah and ask annoying questions sometimes too just so I can edjumicate myself in the wonderful world of accurate SW props.

- 'guts

Last edited:

Well where to start...

I have been lurking here for some time, all I have to say is WOW I like what I see on here. I wish that I had half of the talent that some of you do.

As far as props of my own I really don't have that many, a few paper props, I am big into old maps, documents, stuff like that. I have built a few models the last one being a Polar Lights Enterprise Refit, with LED lighting. I have also made a few Silicone masks for Halloween.

Anyway I have just been waiting for the registration to open up, I hope to chat with some of you down the road. I'm just proud to be a new member.

(Sorry if any R's are missing, the R key is a little sticky on my key board)

Hi All,

My name is Lucky and I am here because I have been interested in prop making for a long time. I have watched my wife ethicalcannibal (also a new member) for years work on projects.

I am just amazed at how spectacular the different projects I have seen are. I am looking forward to learning and getting to know everyone. Thank you for this opportunity.

Hi everyone

My name's Dan am from the UK
I have a few replica pieces almost all Terminator related.
Have seen some great stuff while lurking, so is happy to finally be able to register.

Greetings from Atlanta, GA. I come here as a modeler (historically mostly a kit-builder) with an interest in increasing my scratchbuilding skills. The amazing work posted here makes me think I'll be able to learn a thing or fifty. Hopefully on the way I'll be able to help some folks out as well. Looking forward…
Cheers!

Hello everyone!

My name's Randy. I've been a lifelong science fiction film and television fanatic, starting with reruns of classic 50s sci-fi movies, the original run of Star Trek TOS, and 2001 A Space Odyssey when I was a kid, and of course then Star Wars which changed everything.

I'm not a prop maker or builder but have been a collector for about 5 years, of both replicas and screen used pieces. I love hand props of all kinds, the more screen accurate, the better. Up until recently, most of my acquisitions have been from ebay, with some private purchases, and a few screen used props obtained at live auctions. I've probably bought pieces through ebay from many of the members here, so if my name is familiar, that might be why. It took me a while to realize that by far the best replicas rarely make it to ebay, so I'm here to make some connections and up my collecting game.

Haven't posted pix of my collection online yet but plan to do so within the next few weeks, most likely at yourprops.com.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to join this great forum!

Randy Petersen

Hello, folks of the RPF I've been waiting quite some time to get on he, refered by a buddy from here in Las vegas. I guess I'm here to help out folk with my vast knowledge of plastics sculpting and prop and animatronic design and creation.

And I can always use the perk of the network, I'll try to to be a best asset possible to this form community. I figured I can share what I've done give you an idea on things I do, thanks.

Iron_man_Super_hero_helmet_by_DarkAsylumxxx.jpg

You can veiw my online gallery here if anyones interested.
http://darkasylumxxx.deviantart.com/

Hi! My name is Daphne, and I'm from Georgia (USA). I've been wanting to join the RPF for a long time now. Finally made it over here thanks to one of my friends from the GA501st. I'm a Star Wars costumer, and I'd like to be able to learn how to make my own props. And I'm sure this is the best place to be. :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm finally in!! I'm so happy to be able to talk to you guys on the rpf. Big on props and costume effects. Current projects I'm working on: sculpting up some molds for vacuum forming and building some armor out of foam and marine epoxy and fiberglass. The epoxy project is on hold because of the cold weather. Once again very very happy to be in. Looking forward to everything.

hello all
i have only been looking arounnd here for a month or two but i finaly decided to join
my main intrest is in lucas film and I.L.M. props but anything will do!

Greetings from the UK! Glad to have registered, although I can't say I'm been around the forum long, I have only stumbled upon the world of prop replicas in the last 6 months, which as you can imagine makes it a bit pricey to get the things I want :(

Mainly interested in licensed stuff so far, and have managed to acquire quite a lot in the short time I've been collecting, with the DC Direct Batman utility belt the jewel in my collection.

I look forward to participating in the forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back