New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! (Jan. '10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here!

G'day!
I'm Josh from Australia.
I'm a collector of Harry Potter, Star Trek, Stargate, and lots of other stuff. So yeah, that's about it.

I'm newish by now, but forgot to do any greeting.

My collection is small but I am enthusiastic about collecting.

So far:

MR neuralyzer

Harvey dent & Two face coins (Not NC)

Joker cards (DC direct)

Joker cupid

Dumbledore's wand

Slughorn's wand

Sirius Black's wand

Sweeney Todd Razors with box (NECA)

Joker vest & pants (Magnoli)

Re: *** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! Jan. '10

Hi All! I'm Kelly from Down Under, \

I'm probably going to be making things like Replica Hardsuits from BubbleGum Crisis, Swords and various pistols. I hope you'll all be kind ;D

Kelly

I would KILL to see this done

Hi! I'm a little late posting now but I am new the forum. I was directed here from a friend in theater and I figured since I reproduce a lot of costumes on my own I may as well join up. I like taking things from movies and making them my own or converting them to something they were not meant to be for example see my Professor X wheelchair gone steampunk
3902953954_7eaa15304e.jpg

3902176921_67008b7ac0.jpg

or my comedic take on Iron Man

4316423509_83a209b8b5.jpg

I'm looking forward to creating some other replica props with a humorous flair down the road. I'd also like to properly replicate a version of the Delorian from BTTF.

That's all for now! more of my stuff can be found at http://www.flickr.com/smeeon/

Hey. I'm Taco-Bot aka Russell from MN. I've been a lifelong fan of SW and Indiana Jones, not to mention sci-fi in general. I started off building my own props and costumes when I was a kid and have kept the itch to do so since. So here I am.

Greetings all, Jason here.

I work in Law Enforcement with cool toys and hardware being a great passion of mine.

I originally tumbled onto the site while looking for Nine Gates replicas a few weeks before the most recent registration cycle but have fallen in love with so many projects posted here!

A list of movies I'm interested in the props of are: The Rambo movies, Dundee, Terminator, Iron Man, Batman Begins/TDK, several others that move through my various interest cycles/phases.

I'm pretty much interested in anything sharp or that goes BANG! :)

So far the only 'prop' I own is a Mark Terrell custom, hand made WSK which is based on the Beck Tracker seen in The Hunted. It's not an exact replica but as I intend to use it for its intended purposes, the differences between the Beck version and the MT version are all functional and I made the decision that this was the best version of this kind of knife.

Anyways, I'm thrilled to be part of this community and hopefully I'll have some more stuff to add to my collection and eventually post pictures of :)

Hi, this is Chris from Germany.
I'm 28 years old and a big fan of the new Battlestar Galactica Series.

Cheers,
Chris

Hello all. I'm Chad's aka (Fetts.sobriquet's) wife. We work together on almost every project so my accounts new but I've been lurking here and at TDH for awhile. Maybe we'll get to go to Dragon Con this year! Glad to meet you!

I'm Chuck.
I have a small collection of Tricorder props.

Modified Playmates TNG
Rodd.com Mark X kit
Scratch built Mark X (not even close)
Mark XV (Voyager)

I built all of these up, but the electronics were created by people more skilled than I.

Here's a video off all 4 in action.

Tricorders

Last edited:
Hi! I'm Roy and I'm from Sweden.
I've been a fan of movies and the stuff that are in the movies ever since I was a kid, the lightsabers in Star Wars is my weapon of choise :)
I'm in the process of trying to get my Darth Revan costume up to the 501st Legions standard but being unemployed makes it a bit harder to do that without alot of money but I got most of the things done with it and it's just some small finishing touches left, though those touches has been untouched for a while now that I'm trying to save up money to finish them.

Enough with me being poor. My next project that I have planned after I've finished my Revan costume is to try and make a Zat'n'ktel from Stargate SG-1. I was looking through the internet to find various ways to make something like that and stumbled in here and figured that this would be the best place to find the information and help that I would need to make the Zat'n'ktel.

Why a Zat'n'ktel and not a Serpent guard helmet?
I really want to make a helmet but I havn't sculpted anything since I was in elemetary school so a Zat'n'ktel would be a good project to see if I have any sculting ability and it won't be a finacial dissaster if I fail to make a good sculpt compared to a helmet which is alot bigger and would cost more.

Well that's it for my small preach :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back