New Knight Rider

The Hoff? With unbuttoned shirt, chest hair waving in the wind, t-tops open... low key? are you on crack? KITT and the Hoff screamed LOOK AT ME!!!

A black F430 would be nice.

I gotta side with the fact that the Mustang is a very nice car, but it is not KITT. As shown there are plenty of more suitable cars out there.

I believe Lord Hoff is getting a cameo (although I'm not sure where I read that) so he'll probably be passing on the baton, so to speak, doling out wisdom and making sure sure he approves of the new guy.

The show will fail anyway coz it'll probably be too corny. The original was popular and watchable but it was hardly 'high' entertainment.

It's only chance is that because of the WGA strike there's nothing else on.

The Hoff? With unbuttoned shirt, chest hair waving in the wind, t-tops open... low key? are you on crack? KITT and the Hoff screamed LOOK AT ME!!!

A black F430 would be nice.

Yeah. That was the 80's. I hated the show "Friends" but was most amused when I saw an episode with them flashed back to the 80's and everyone dressing like "Miami Vice." The Hoffmeister was just dressing like the period, and blended in with everyone else.

I read in the paper this morning (Metro- if you live in Toronto) that said Val Kilmer is replacing Will Arnett as Kitt's voice. The reason is that Will has a long time relationship with GMC and this is a breach of contract. Interesting choice. But I do kinda feel bad for Val. He went from Batman to made for tv movies, to the voice actor

love the pics of the birds. the original series was great & i think they hit it right with the cobra. guess we'll see how good it actually is on sunday.

Michael Knight has a son, finds KITT's remains shoves them in a new car.

Didn't we think of something like that years ago on various boards???

And I hate the double scanner!!!

Last edited:
Well, the thing about the Trans Am that worked was that it was futuristic for its time. Then, by adding the roving red Cylon-styled eye via customization, it boosted the cool factor.

Also, at the time, the Hoff was going for that big-curl Tom Jones look where you unbutton your shirt and let your gold chains hang out as you do your singing. Those were the days.

Years ago, they did a show called "Viper" which many of you had seen. The special effects blew Knight Rider out of the water... but it simply didn't last. The storyline wasn't strong enough. I sincerely hope that they're going to take a "re-imagineered" approach to Knight Rider like they did with Battlestar Galactica with potent characters and plots that have you on the edge of your seats. Repeating the old formula with new actors will just make the show tank, like the new Love Boat and the new Fantasy Island remakes. They just didn't work.

I drove a Mustang once, and as much of a fan of pony cars, I'm not sure it's the right call. Bringing a Trans Am wouldn't work for today. And that red 2000 car was an eagle-beaked bar of soap! Various people were driving Trans Ams back then so I suppose the Mustang is a economic parallel.

However, I do note they didn't bring back KITT's original ambiguously gay voice. The new voice doesn't seem very KITT-ish to me. If Starbuck could become female, perhaps the new KITT could have had a sexy voice like C.O.R.A. (Computer Oral Response Activated) from the old Battlestar Galactica series!

I read that the original voice actor had to back out and they got.... wait for it... Val Kilmer to do the voice now.

I read that the original voice actor had to back out and they got.... wait for it... Val Kilmer to do the voice now.

Yep. you heard it right. Will Arnett is out and Val is in. Seems Will is the official spokesperson for GMC trucks or something and they had a problem with him doing the voice for a Ford Product. Ford has stated that they plan to use the whole talking car thing as a huge publicity/ sales gimick and understandably, GMC would have a huge problem of letting their spokesman do double duty for the competiution.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back