New Han Solo Blaster Toy

Is the heat sink on the toy the same size as that on the MR EE?

I need to get a heat sink for my C96, and was going to mold the MR EE heat sink.

BUT

If they are the same size, it would be easier to cut it off the toy.

Any measurements/ comparisons?

Thanks!

Um, why wouldn't you just use one of the Blast-tech heat sinks?

http://www.blast-tech.com/products_mausersAcc_GD-1.asp

A FARE better product, for around the same price. And, it's all ready to mount on your blaster. Or, since they're made more for Dinex Mausers, I think CE, or Boba Debt did some even more accurate ones, but they were probably much more. Heck, I've even seen metal ones floating around the JY for this blaster.

These toy ones look good at a glace, and are great for the price, but I wouldn't pay much more for them, because they are made of very thin cheep plastic, and IMO are just a couple of pieces of Vacuum-formed plastic, slapped together, with some of the other little pieces, added separately. It looks good for fun, play, or costuming. But for display, close up examination, close up fan film shots, or fancy dress costuming for photos and stuch, I would use a good replica, ranging from one of Wakal's resin blaster kits, to a Denix biuld up, to a MR blaster. (depending on how much you want to spend, how much work you want to put into it, and how much the prop matters to you.)

Since I have a real: C96, HW 3x and MG81 booster, I'm looking for quality.

IMHO the MR EE is a great grille, but it's cast in Zamac and a part of the C96 lower frame- can't cut it off to fit onto a real pistol.

I think the thing was plastic anyway- I'll buy the cheapo blaster, and if it's not the same as the MR, I'll cast the EE in resin & give the toy to my nephew.

The Rubies blaster looks more like Luke Skywalker Episode V Blaster.
Who bought one already,IT IS JUST AS THE PHOTO.(WEB PIC).

:confused

bigcow
Fernando

Since I have a real: C96, HW 3x and MG81 booster, I'm looking for quality.

IMHO the MR EE is a great grille, but it's cast in Zamac and a part of the C96 lower frame- can't cut it off to fit onto a real pistol.

I think the thing was plastic anyway- I'll buy the cheapo blaster, and if it's not the same as the MR, I'll cast the EE in resin & give the toy to my nephew.

Look it's your project, so do what you like. And hey, I'm all for people buying these toys, because it will encourage them to make more like them. and I'll great you the real thing (screen used) was a model part, and was probably really cheep plastic. Pl

I'm just saying, I've had resin grills, I have one of these guns, and I have one of the blast-tech ones, and the blast-tech one far surpasses the others, and I justk now that a CE, or boba Debt metal one, would be even better then that. Plus, I just checked my Blast-tech grill against this toy, and the toy is bigger. If I'm not mistaken the Denix is bigger then a real broom handle, so if the blast-tech (made for a benix) is too big, then this is way to big for a real C96. (though if I have it back word, and a real C96 is bigger then a denix, then you may be fine.)

Eitherway, I would talk to wakal if I were you. He's built a lot of these over the years. He does great work, and has done them on real C96's and Denix's, so he knows the difference, and can probably point you right to who would have the best part for what your going for.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back