New big-screen Star Wars Rey movie announced at SW Celebration 2023

I'm excited to see it. Hopefully there will be a plot with bones enough to hold it up.
I think you mean, meat on the bones...but you're right...you need bones, meat on the bones and a brain behind it...not sure, but you might only get your wish which is just...bones. For some reason the only image i have in my mind is Rey training Grogu and Finn and every time Rey has to reach out to Force Ghost Kylo(Ben...whatever), he's standing there glowing in a blue hue with his shirt off and Finn's in the background rolling his eye's all jealous like(you know, because he likes Rey)...lol

Last edited:
I'm excited to see it. Hopefully there will be a plot with bones enough to hold it up.

Trying Not To Laugh Season 3 GIF by The Office

;)

I tried to think of something clever and that's all I could come up with. Definitely not my best material. :lol: In all seriousness it will be astounding if this makes it off the ground.

This is one movie that could happen as easily as it won't. Disney LFL are in dire need of a profitable hit yet the fan base isn't very invested with the sequel trilogy. From a production standpoint moving forward within a limited in universe time frame leaves the door open for existing assets all around from practical to digital. That makes the financial investment more appealing. But again, limited interest by the targeted audience that has been berated and ridiculed along the way.

Along the lines of it not happening, in as small as words as possible, Disney LFL has to announce projects and time frames to keep investors happy with potential profits. The track record of all that is well known. My theory was LFL would be under new leadership post Indy 5 hitting the home market marking the completion of a long term contract of that leadership. If new leadership isn't had, well, the track record is again public knowledge...

I wonder how it's going to feel when they become the victim of their own philosophy that they tried to infuse into Star Wars concerning the OT. Except the OT will never die and never get old...which is why it has been around for so long. KK and company will be an after thought...just saying.

1688482207086.png

I wonder how it's going to feel when they become the victim of their own philosophy that they tried to infuse into Star Wars concerning the OT. Except the OT will never die and never get old...which is why it has been around for so long. KK and company will be an after thought...just saying.

View attachment 1715870

Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

The best way I can sum up the ST in one word is "hodgepodge"
You can tell there were some really good ideas in there, that were not massaged enough to be connected.

View attachment 1716026

The best way I can sum up the ST in one word is "hodgepodge"
You can tell there were some really good ideas in there, that were not massaged enough to be connected.
Got to disagree.

Good ideas but not massaged enough describes PT to me. There is an overarching and ambitious story about the fall of a democracy and rise of a dictatorship through manipulation and the tragic fall of a hero who doesnt fulfill his destiny. Its just executed incredibly poorly but there is potential.

ST is a jumble of ideas that collapse with further scrutiny.

While I know many like the force dyad idea, the idea is really stupid and tension breaking upon further analysis. Since they are dyads, both are equally strong despite one training far harder than the other which honestly breaks tension. No matter how hard Ben trains and Rey doesnt, she will always be his equal and vice versa.

Snoke being a failed clone didnt really go anywhere and Snoke being a "deceiver” wasnt expanded on when it would have honestly made a very interesting twist if made right imo.

The lightspeed crash. Force healing and its implications. Palps coming back (and what makes Rey killing him different/permanent compared to Luke/Vader?)

I thought Finn as a character was an interesting concept that could have been built on but that fell by the wayside too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back