New big-screen Star Wars Rey movie announced at SW Celebration 2023

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I’m excited for this. Say what you want about the ST, Rey was a stand-out character for me and I will enjoy seeing her continued adventures. In the real world, I enjoy Daisy Ridley as an actress and I wish her much success so I’m happy to see her return to the Star Wars universe.

Based on this and several other articles I’ve read that although this movie takes place after Episode 9 it does not seem that this will be Episode 10. It seems like it will be it’s own story.

Very happy that they're continuing Rey's story. Daisy and Rey deserve better than what they got in the ST. So do Finn, Poe, Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie for that matter, but that's another discussion I don't want to retread here.

I like the ST. I don't think they need to retcon the ST. I'm happy they are investing in the ST.

And that's fine. Different opinions.

FWIW I don't reject the possibility of a good Rey movie. I just have the common gripes about the ST in the broader sense.

And that's fine. Different opinions.
Absolutely, I agree completely. I totally understand some people liked the ST trilogy and some people didn't like it. I'm totally okay with everyone having a seat at the table.

I will say I love it when people use words like 'I feel' or 'I think' or 'for me' or 'personally' because then it's clear the opinion being expressed is an opinion. When words like that are not used it makes opinions sound like facts instead of opinions.

Egad! I’ve got it! With “Heir to the Empire” being pulled into the Disney canon, the “Luke” we saw in the ST was actually Luuke Skywalker, the moody, mentally addled clone! Against the backdrop of creating a new Jedi Order, Rey must go find the real Luke Skywalker! Problem solved!!!:lol:

Absolutely, I agree completely. I totally understand some people liked the ST trilogy and some people didn't like it. I'm totally okay with everyone having a seat at the table.

I will say I love it when people use words like 'I feel' or 'I think' or 'for me' or 'personally' because then it's clear the opinion being expressed is an opinion. When words like that are not used it makes opinions sound like facts instead of opinions.

Respectfully, I don't think those qualifiers are necessary. We're all participating in a subjective conversation about art. Any statement made carries with it the implication that what's being said is the opinion of the person writing it. I think it's unnecessary to state the obvious.

Respectfully, I don't think those qualifiers are necessary. We're all participating in a subjective conversation about art. Any statement made carries with it the implication that what's being said is the opinion of the person writing it. I think it's unnecessary to state the obvious.
I agree, that's why I said 'I love it when...'. Sometimes it's just nice :D

2ucz4iV-3131454993.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back