New big-screen Star Wars Rey movie announced at SW Celebration 2023

Without drifting the topic too long, I disagree about the history. History has always been skewed by how people want it presented, with conveniently forgotten aspects etc.

If possible for you to watch if you are interested, Lucy Worsely has some excellent programmes on the BBC (may be on YouTube too), usually called something along the lines of "British Histories Biggest Fibs"
Sure, History can always be manipulated to fit a certain agenda/propaganda...but, in the end; it'll bite you in the nether region one day or another;) Just look at the brouhaha over Cleopatra ('nuff said:rolleyes::oops:)

Agreed; in fact, I think the entire point about "no relationships" was that if they hadn't of done that to Anakin, Darth Vader may never have come about. And for my money: the extended universe was far more rich and compelling than what we ended up with instead. It's how we got Thrawn, Mara Jade, Talon Karrde, Admiral Dala, Xizor, Dash Rendar, and a bunch more of stellar characters who easily beat the pants off of the sequel trilogy randos.
Yeah, Anakin is someone born devoid of connection so actively seeks it. No father and no friends with only a mother to rely on. Then, that mother is killed in a brutal way.

Anakin’s only remaining connections are Padme and Obi Wan; the irony and tragedy being in his pursuit to protect Padme, he kills her and he is the one responsible for severing his toes with Obi Wan. Indo think PT could have done a better job showing the schism developing between Obi Wan and Anakin though.

I also really think this is why Luke was the only one who could have been the “hero” of OT. He was born in similar circumstances to Anakin so has a better understanding of him unlike Leia who was born with a silver spoon. Being his son, he was Vader’s last true connection to love and the light, hence why only Luke could find a third option which was redeem Vader and help him fulfill his destiny of destroying the dark side.

I know people dont like the Anakin retcon from talented jedi to the one that was destined to end the sith but it worked in making his tale tragic imo.

Very happy that they're continuing Rey's story. Daisy and Rey deserve better than what they got in the ST. So do Finn, Poe, Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie for that matter, but that's another discussion I don't want to retread here.
Poe and Finn, on a 10 episode mission to recruit a small but powerful independent planet into the New Republic while facing dangers from the remnants of the First Order who are likewise trying to do the same thing as they try to rebuild…

Disney+, are you reading this! I’d love to pitch it to you…

Sure, History can always be manipulated to fit a certain agenda/propaganda...but, in the end; it'll bite you in the nether region one day or another;) Just look at the brouhaha over Cleopatra ('nuff said:rolleyes::oops:)
Agree, though that can work both ways as seen here in the UK with the confected outrage of some when historians dared to suggest Henry VIII was physically disabled

Poe and Finn, on a 10 episode mission to recruit a small but powerful independent planet into the New Republic while facing dangers from the remnants of the First Order who are likewise trying to do the same thing as they try to rebuild…

Disney+, are you reading this! I’d love to pitch it to you…
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Since they announced this they've closed Galactic Whatever Hotel and Indiana Jones was a critical flop. There is no way in hell this Rey movie will happen.
A movie being a critical flop generally doesn't matter all that much to the studios, what they're concerned about is box office earnings, and critical praise is just the icing on the cake. You have to remember, your major studios aren't in it for making art and the art of movie making, they're in ti for the money, and making movies is just how they make their money. If a movie can be a work of art and make tons of money, that's fine to them., If a movie can make a ton of money but is hated by critics, they're fine with that too.

I have to do the same thing with Star Wars movies and products as I started to do with MCU stuff.

Just not bother with it.

The biggest problem is that there's just too darn MUCH of it.
God I never thought that would be a problem for me, but it's too much of a second job to keep up with the happenings of it all, and it's all interwoven now, so missing one thing means missing it all.
Then in the rush to make so darn much of it, the quality suffers to a point where none of it is anything special. If I'm going to watch "marginally ok", I'll go watch a stand alone show or movie that's the same quality that I can watch without catching up on a backlog of other stuff.

Since they announced this they've closed Galactic Whatever Hotel and Indiana Jones was a critical flop. There is no way in hell this Rey movie will happen.

Oh I'm 100% sure they will still go for it. They seem to be willing to drive the company in the ground to shove their ideology in everyone's faces. The thing that proves they don't understand or care about their fans is that if they did a well written female character, like Mara Jade, it would work. It's the half*ssededly (new word) written Rey character and them saying "You will LIKE it because she's female or you're a misogynist!" that rubs everyone the wrong way. If you give me a well written/crafted female character and an awesome story, I will pay theater prices to go see it.

I don't see this movie happening either, not with Indy#5 looking like a money-loser.

The Rey movie was probably just another one of Kennedy's weaponized movie announcements. Remember when they were hyping 'Last Jedi' and they claimed that Rian Johnson was gonna get a whole trilogy? Kennedy-era LFL has no credibility with this stuff.

I hope they had the decency to let Daisy Ridley in on the game. At least tell her that it wasn't really a done deal yet.

I don't see this movie happening either, not with Indy#5 looking like a money-loser.

The Rey movie was probably just another one of Kennedy's weaponized movie announcements. Remember when they were hyping 'Last Jedi' and they claimed that Rian Johnson was gonna get a whole trilogy? Kennedy-era LFL has no credibility with this stuff.

I hope they had the decency to let Daisy Ridley in on the game. At least tell her that it wasn't really a done deal yet.
tumblr_inline_pfzjmtToYy1s2r0zh_540.png

It's all making sense to me now...Since Luke failed again and couldn't convince Grogu to become a Jedi...guess who will?...please let it stop...lol
1688334459369.png

This is a joke BTW...Not confirmed but it wouldn't surprise me in the least and no, i did not make this picture...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back