Necronomicon - Evil Dead 1, 2 & 3

Antrock made Evil Dead Necronomicon replicas (not HPL Necronomicons). Tom apparently holds all the rights to his original work and (rightfully) threatened Antrock with legal action if he didn't cease and desist.

Now from this point on the story is a little sketchy, because Tony (Antrock) sometimes likes to exagerate things in his favor, but he told me that after he stopped making the Evil Dead Replicas, Tom continued to harass him online going so far as to monitor and attempt to shut down Tony's eBay auctions that had nothing to with Evil Dead.

The moral of the story is if the license holder is just some guy in Michigan trying to sell official replicas at $1,000, he probably won't like others trying to do the same at a lower price.

Okay, thank you for clarifying. It's just that it seemed a little confusing in your original response.

I had purchased a Necronomicon replica from a Nightowl member a while back and he did a really nice job on it.

I may attempt making one myself with some liquid latex for a fun project. :love

Other than Tom Sullivan's replica (I didn't know it went for $1000! :confused) I haven't seen any replicas that really look right (including the DVD case) - they all seem too flat. As you can see from the screencaps, there really is quiet a lot of depth to the face sculpt on the cover.

Tom Sullivan is a bit of a tool.
Years and years ago, I belonged to an Evil Dead fan site that had a forum, and he visited there quite often. To say he protected his license was an understatement. He didn't want ANYONE making ANYTHING that even remotely ressembled the book of the dead.

He told everyone at great lengths what had gone on with the creation of the book in EDII and the ill will it had generated for him.

I have spoken to Tom on the phone a couple of times (he had a kandarian dagger kit listing pulled last year from ebay.

His initial emails were very heavy handed and protective of his intelectual property right after he had the auction pulled.

When i spoke to him on the phone he was a much milder guy, just trying to make ends meet, who has been shafted in the past royally a number of times.

In the end he really wanted a kit of my dagger and although i offered it to him at no charge, he insisted to sent me a big stack of printed art in return, which he signed.

He was very impressed with how close my replica of the dagger was, "Scary close" were his exact words.

Our conversations on the phone were very pleasant and i'll probably end up calling him up some time again

Marc

No. And as has been discussed in this thread, it's not a good idea to do runs of this prop as Tom Sullivan is very protective of it.

Hey,
Here's a pic of my ED2 Necro I just finished.
IMG_1794.jpg

So much for not allowing personal attacks on this site.
Clearly the webmasters have no interest in enforcing their own rules.
If you purchased an Evil Dead Book of the Dead replica other than the Anchor Bay DVD books or one of Tom Sullivan's Books then you have conspired to defraud the copyright owner. An issue that seems to be largely ignored on this site.

If you purchased an Evil Dead Book of the Dead replica other than the Anchor Bay DVD books or one of Tom Sullivan's Books then you have conspired to defraud the copyright owner. An issue that seems to be largely ignored on this site.

Are you THE Tom Sullivan everyone is talking about?
If so ,you should be ashamed of yourself and you will not find many friends on this forum because of the way you attacked Antrocks WIFE and CHILDREN.
I understand that it is in your right to protect your copyright but WHAT THE FRAK!!! You do not fraking go around and ACCUSE someone that you never fraking never met or know anything about of being a bad father and that his children are starving and neglected. I love Evil dead and the necronomicon but you sir are a really unpleasant and unlikable person.:thumbsdown

Out of interest... Why is it OK for you to have picked up a replica of the dagger, but not OK for someone to pick up a replica of the book?

Is Antrock's statement correct?

He might as well go after the people making tree faces, you know, the one with the just the two eyes and the mouth you stick on the side of the tree. That is what the books look like to me.

Also we should all make one and call it the book of the evil dead twin.

If this is the only claim to fame, and the way you act towards others, I pity you in a major way.

Also, do you own the rights to the design or the movie company? If you do, have you the copyrights to it, or just acting like a child that needs a good spanking,

The books look way to easy to be made...Kev

Your quote:
He didn't want ANYONE making ANYTHING that even remotely ressembled the book of the dead.

This is simply not true. I have always encouraged fans making Books. Selling them is a crime. And I protect my work. I hope you don't mind.
Tom

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back