Evil Dead Rise Necronomicon

jcporcel

I've recently finished replicating the Evil Dead Necronomicon pages from the classic movies over here, so I finally decided to face my fears, gather courage and start replicating the pages from Evil Dead Rise, which are a billion times more detailed and complicated than any other Necronomicon on the franchise.

As usual, I simply re-trace all the illustrations, that way I get perfect transparent files at any resolution I need. Its also a fantastic inking practice and I can do it while watching movies so win win.

I also try to make my props on the cheap so the simple monochrome pages are very easy printed or make photocopies so I can age the paper later.

Here is a bit of my process (I assemble the references in photoshop and then ink everything on Procreate):

I've started by making pages based on the very nice photos of the sound track disk:
RPF.jpg

Here is an example of the finished version:
RPF.jpg

I've been uploading the full-res files to google photos for now over here: www.elderprops.com - Evil Dead Rise
preview.jpg

And since Halloween it's coming, it's still time to start building a new Necronomicon!
I´m still missing a couple pages from the disk, so I´ll be posting them over here as soon as I upload them.

Regarding the text on the pages, I very quickly decided that trying to re-trace all the text would be impossible, it's just too much.

I’m also not very focused on perfect screen accuracy so all my props are very loose approximations, as long as it looks cool, I'm fine with it. So with that in mind, I made a font file that could look believable enough if you didn't have the real pages side by side to compare. I used the credit screens as reference since there was quite a lot of very clear text to reference. Like this one:
text-ref.jpg

Once I had the font file, I used illustrator to write in random directions and use any shape of line to add text. Even with this adding all the lines took quite a bit of time but the result is very believable. Here a couple of examples with a bit of color and texture:
smaple-page-1.jpg
smaple-page-3.jpg

If anyone wants to make additional pages, I’ve put together a download for a few dollars with the font and an illustrator file as an example over here: Rising Script, A Evil Dead Rise Font
cover.jpg

Example illustrator file looks like this:
illustrator-example.jpg

This is pretty damned cool! U always wanted a replica of the one from the 2013 movie but never saw a replica for sale that I liked. Did you ever attempt that one? Current WIP looks great!

This is pretty damned cool! U always wanted a replica of the one from the 2013 movie but never saw a replica for sale that I liked. Did you ever attempt that one? Current WIP looks great!
I think the second ever replica I tried to make was the 2013 necro. Now that I look at the pages, I really want to remake them, at least the text. I might make a new font file now that I've had a bit more practice.
The illustrations are ok though: Necronomicon (Evil Dead 2013) | The Elder Props
I used goat skin to make the cover and it was a good starting point but it needed a lot more paint to look like the one in the movie. I would retouch it now but I sold it so I should probably make a new one once I retouch the page files.
The cover design on that necro is very cool and simple to make compared to the other ones with faces.

I've finished uploading all these pages to google photos so the folder should be up to date.

I've also finished organizing all the other pages based on screenshots from the movie and put together another version with that. Both versions can be downloaded over here: Evil Dead Rise Necronomicon | The Elder Props
ed-rise-previews-book.jpg

And optionally, there are also available all the illustrations as single transparent PNGs in case you want to use them to make additional pages.
ed-rise-previews-prop-maker.jpg

cover.jpg

Great work! I didn't think anyone would try this book because it's so complex.
I've just used your 2013 font and a couple of pages for my interpretaion of that one, so thanks for that.

Bonjour à tous.
Voici un tout petit bout de mes créations en cuir, bois, métal et papier

Attachments

• 20220528_111311 - Copie.jpg
    20220528_111311 - Copie.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • 20220528_111253.jpg
    20220528_111253.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 78
  • 20220528_111253 - Copie.jpg
    20220528_111253 - Copie.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 98
  • 20220528_111215 - Copie.jpg
    20220528_111215 - Copie.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 61
  • 20220528_111011.jpg
    20220528_111011.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 93

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back