Mythbusters - WTH man? No Tori, Grant, or Kari?

Well, the Simpsons special kinda sucked. The "myths" they tested were the kinds of things that the B team would have done. In this special they just tested two small things. I thought it was such a weak way to start the new season.
There was hardly any showing of the build process like most wanted to see that I thought there wasn't enough to justify cutting off the B team. Adam said something about everything he would have to do to make a Homer as he'd be in real life, said it early on in the episode, and all we really saw him do was cut foam, glue some together and have the head mold made somewhere. As the show got back to this segment, Homer was pretty much built already. There was a bit more shown for how he built the toilet rig. It was certainly better, but my favorite was Jamie's rig to make the wrecking ball. It was...well, it was what one would expect of Jamie.

And Al Jean. I don't know who he is but is he an emotionless person? He was just...there, didn't seem all that interested.
I really didn't like the first episode. The second, however, was much better. I think one of my favorite specials so far, and I'm not even a big fan of IJ! or whip making. It was a much more solid episode.

Which begs the question: Has Jamie always been like this and we've never seen it because of the way previous episodes were edited, or is this something new? I'm thinking the former is closer to the truth, but it's nice to actually see that he does seem to enjoy the experiments he and Adam perform.
I'd say both. He enjoys himself in several of the past episodes. You can see him enjoying the usually short moment when there is success. And he's enjoying himself because he has changed over the years. understands Adam and the things Adam likes a bit more, becoming more accepting of them. He's no longer as serious or shy as he was.

To my surprise, he called Adam buddy twice. I think its finally a step towards a beautiful friendship! lol

I'd say both. He enjoys himself in several of the past episodes. You can see him enjoying the usually short moment when there is success. And he's enjoying himself because he has changed over the years. understands Adam and the things Adam likes a bit more, becoming more accepting of them. He's no longer as serious or shy as he was.

To my surprise, he called Adam buddy twice. I think its finally a step towards a beautiful friendship! lol

About a year ago I read an article about MB that talked about Jamie resenting Adam for the better part of the first three seasons. After that things thawed between them a bit, but there were still times when Adam felt like Jamie would rather he just go away. By season 5 they got along better and Adam didn't feel like the five year old that had snuck into his father's workshop and gotten caught as much.

During the holiday marathon I really noticed there were times in season one when it was obvious Adam was kind of walking on egg shells and Jamie was a little more than perturbed that Adam was in "his place". I don't remember any "buddy" comments showing up until around season 6.

The second episode was great. I remember how my heart sank when they introduced the "junior mythbusters" way back. There were of course great eposodes along the way but finally Mythbusters is back to its roots and I think it could get better than ever.

Agreed with @J EM about the Simpsons special, I found that pretty weak. The Indiana Jones and recent A-team ones were done in stride, though; I hope this new format and later shows are more like these than the former!

P.S. Still not so keen on the "wub-wub'' music but whatever you need to do to bring the kids in, I guess.

Re: Adam, please explain..

You know you raised your 5 year old right when you offer for her to watch Peppa the Pig and she counters with Mythbusters .

I'm a leaf on the wind.

About a year ago I read an article about MB that talked about Jamie resenting Adam for the better part of the first three seasons. After that things thawed between them a bit, but there were still times when Adam felt like Jamie would rather he just go away. By season 5 they got along better and Adam didn't feel like the five year old that had snuck into his father's workshop and gotten caught as much.

During the holiday marathon I really noticed there were times in season one when it was obvious Adam was kind of walking on egg shells and Jamie was a little more than perturbed that Adam was in "his place". I don't remember any "buddy" comments showing up until around season 6.
Really? I missed the holiday marathon. It was easier for me to remember Jamie laughing or chuckling through several seasons than it is hearing him call Adam 'buddy'. I honestly thought that was new. In the new season, it is apparent that they're both enjoying themselves just messing around. Its one of the reasons I liked the IJ special. They seem to be totally cool with each other, much more than they were in the past even after season 5.

I miss Grant. :(

and I missed the newest A-Team episode like I missed the marathon. I can't get myself to keep up with tv shows anymore. I'll be watching the newest episode online later.

After fighting my way through Asda today, I want to know if supermarkets will be quicker to get around if everyone with a trolley followed the rules of the road. Sticking to the left, giving way etc :lol

Really pissed me off doing the shopping today :D

After fighting my way through Asda today, I want to know if supermarkets will be quicker to get around if everyone with a trolley followed the rules of the road. Sticking to the left, giving way etc :lol

No wonder... if you're sticking to the wrong side of the road ;) :lol the right side is the right side :p

Because they're young and in the rebellious teen phase? ;)

I forgot to shop last night so had to go today :(

Sounds about right :lol
"In the early years of English colonisation of North America, English driving customs were followed and the colonies drove on the left. After gaining independence from England, however, they were anxious to cast off all remaining links with their British colonial past and gradually changed to right-hand driving. Incidentally, the influence of other European immigrants, especially the French, should not be underestimated. The first law requiring drivers to keep right was passed in Pennsylvania in 1792, and similar laws were passed in New York in 1804 and New Jersey in 1813."

We in Sweden switched in 1967 :p

Back to topic, I wonder why there are so few episodes.... oh does any one here actually like the new theme song??? For some reason I really didn't like it, at all.

well it was alway fun watching Kari,

ow some nice myths too and the red headed guy and the one with mustache, erm where's Kari :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back