My Sliders Timer

Do you know, that the code I have written in assembly for my Timer, the "routine" I created for the "Genser" sequence, is actually longer than the rest of the code in that Timer of mine?

believe it or not LOL.

Today I have worked on the sequence code yet again, and added another word to it, and a bit of stuff for the display to last a moment longer.

If my friend places the journal video of it on his youtube channel, I shall place the link here.

Let me know what you folks think, (that is if my friend puts it up on his channel LOL).

I'll place the link here if he does put it up.

:)

I don't have my own youtube channel for my own reasons. Just as I don't have a facebook or such . (but I do respect those who do, of course.) :)

Last edited:
Well, Dav, and Epil, you two , so far, are the only kind comments on here so far, and I thought I'd say to ya, it's rare now-a-days to have a peaceful forum online .

I posted a messege on another thread in this forum : http://www.therpf.com/f9/sliders-timer-egyptian-timer-24859/index3.html#post2175294

and "redwithevil" said somthing that was totally and utterly disrespectful to me.

pretty much making fun of me, my timer, the way I talked. practically everything.

It's unfortunate, because, I really hoped that I could talk to some good people here and share my progress of the Timer.

I was even thinking seriously about sharing with you and others here, how to build one, and give the code to program a chip.

But what that individual said to me, hurt my feelings so much that , I won't now.

I don't care if I sound like a kid. Or perhaps too sensitive, but I been through more than enough in life.

And I'm at a point now where I will accept nothing less than peace.

It truly is too bad. But after what he said, I don't feel proud of my Timer at all.

I don't feel good bout being on a forum at all.

I don't know. why people are so cruel today. maybe they are only brave behind a computer screen.

eitherway, what that person said, sorry guys, I really wanted to keep posting here, but I can't recieve those kind of mean negative cruel words , as he used.

so yea. by folks.

I think I'm done with the internet.

Keep your chin up bro, I have an entire build thread with no comments, who cares it gets views and I get to show off my growing skills!

Great job--keep going!
Don't let immature comments get you down. People like that just have nothing better to do than show the world that they're uneducated and were picked on for peeing the bed...LOL.

...I think I'm done with the internet.

Hi Aaron

My views on a few projects have been tainted by the terrible things others have said and I know 2 others that have had similar things happen no matter how much you love it.

We are all trying to help each other on here and sometimes real life gets in the way. It's just how things are. I hope you continue your great work, and hopefully one day I'll find the time to start mine! Haha.

Best,

Evs

Dude, I do not have the magic word that could relieve you. I'd like to point out wo things :

- You build props and electronics for YOURSELF, not to gain a cheering audience - that barely happen. Your only goal is not getting comments, but getting the stuff done.

- The Net is a harsh world, where the small error in a simple post can turn into a flamewar. Trust me, I know. The only remedy to that is just to not give it a damn. Electronic words on a screen are just that : Electronic words on a screen. Just shut your browser down and it's over.

Good luck man and once again : Don't give up.

hmm.. wow. -this is certainly gonna drag out and get tired, ..except maybe to "avianoguitarist" who has contributed that i apparently "pee the bed" , what an idiot, lol

if yer gonna do something productive then do it and stop the emo crap that avianos getting off on..

grab some kleenex and finish YOUR timer with YOUR name, if you dont want to share YOUR secrets- then dont, i havent heard anyone beg for it.. however, i dont feel the main objective is the "code", as im fairly certain "rocket" (aka steven genser) has uploaded the power up preamble code in a past thread- and not only that, anyone who programs can figure it out if they watch youtube vids in slo mo- its usually just a serious of 0's and 1's, the main issue is bringing the pre-programmed chip to the masses.. even if its done with a simple PIC, - how many people have a PIC programmer laying around?.. even a homemade one that can plug into the comp? ...anyone? ... very few people want to be macguyver- they just want a slider timer. , very few people want to give you a back massage (except avianoflutist), they just want a slider timer- or at minimum something entertaining to read- and if yer not a part of the solution, yer part of the problem...

why should anyone feel obligated to care if feelings were hurt from someone foolin around?- how superficial, who cares if u stub your toe?.. or make a peanut butter sandwich- ..get over yourself. if u want to get attention- do it the right way by slappin some extra digits on YOUR timer and making some real headway, before someone else does.

cheers,
-R

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back