My Mystique (FINISHED! Pics on page 3)

Re: My Mystique

I don't have any updates right now. I've been recruited last minute to do costumes for a show that opens this week, and I'm also running light board, so I've been a tad busy. However, I do plan on working on this tomorrow since I'll have time. All I have to do is sew the skulls onto the dress and I'm calling it done for Free Comic Book Day.

I don't have any updates right now. I've been recruited last minute to do costumes for a show that opens this week, and I'm also running light board, so I've been a tad busy. However, I do plan on working on this tomorrow since I'll have time. All I have to do is sew the skulls onto the dress and I'm calling it done for Free Comic Book Day.

sounds awesome, looking forward to pics of the final product!

Looking forward to it! I think the stockings and makeup combo look pretty good. I did basically the same thing for my Shaak Ti costume and was very happy to have less makeup to remove.

I think you look really cute with blue skin and bright red hair. Any chance we'll get to see full pictures of the finished costume?

Makeup looks good! And u totally remind me of one of my friends, she makes the same expressions n everything haha

After much procrastinating, it is DONE. Except for the contacts, but I ran out of cash.

DSCF0638.jpg

DSCF0640.jpg

I like that you honored the original design, and the effort sure has paid off. I also like the subtle film nod you did. ;)
Can't wait to see how it looks with the contacts in place.

Hurray! I was just wondering about you, GG! Hadn't seen you in a while and glad to see you are still here!

It sure is a load off my mind that people like my costume. I keep trying to think of subtle ways to make the dress a little more detailed or textured, just because I think it looks so plain. 'Course, I've been staring at the thing for how many weeks? What do you think? Should I leave it?

Leave it! You look great! Once you get the contacts, that's all you need...

I agree 100%. If you change it too soon...that's it. But if you let the idea go and enjoy your fruits thusfar you may regret any additions later, but if you still don't agree with us, you can gladly change it later.
:cool

Hmmm ... I think I'll see how people react to it at GenCon before I make any final decisions. On the one hand, I don't want to stray from the original design, but on the other hand, I don't want it to look too store bought. Still, I'll see what the public thinks of it.

I think it looks great. I wouldn't worry about adding detail or texture to the dress. If anything, the only extra detail I'd add is maybe some depth to the makeup. Use some shadows and highlights to make it less flat around your cheeks and eyes.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back