My Mystique (FINISHED! Pics on page 3)

Re: My Mystique

I wasn't reallly expecting a colored bodysuit to work so well. It really plays! I've wanted to do Mystique prosthetics for someone for a long time and this is just pushing it that much further. Really wanted to do a comic style like the costume your putting together but with a makeup that's a little bit of a cross between comic and movie on the exposed sections. Play with the skin texture a little bit. Yellow contacts, etc. You're bringing this idea back now...

If you can find a place that sells yellow contacts for cheap, I'll do it. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to get away with normal eyes.

I am an unemployed college kid, after all. XD

I've found some relatively inexpensive contacts in the past but I'd have to look around. I just wish I had a model for this character out here...

Here is where I get my funky Halloween/coloured contacts. Great prices, relatively fast shipping.

Of course, it's always recommended that you ONLY get contacts through a doctor prescription even if they're non prescription contacts. What can I say? I'm a daredevil. Probably not the smartest idea in regards to eyeballs since they're the only ones you have... but my bf ordered his Mad Hatter contacts from there and I got two pairs ( UV blue and black ) and we were both totally satisfied with them for the price. They're soft lenses. He whined a bit since he's not really used to contacts, and I noticed they moved around a bit in my eyes since the contacts are only one size and slightly larger than my regular ones... but for the price and a couple hour wear to give a costume that extra oomph, they're well worth the $10-$30. Tons of cosplayers would vouch for non prescription coloured ones from sites like this as well but just keep in mind it's always a risk and that you should always look into it beforehand to make a well informed and comfortable decision that you're confident with. :)

Here is where I get my funky Halloween/coloured contacts. Great prices, relatively fast shipping.

Of course, it's always recommended that you ONLY get contacts through a doctor prescription even if they're non prescription contacts. What can I say? I'm a daredevil. Probably not the smartest idea in regards to eyeballs since they're the only ones you have... but my bf ordered his Mad Hatter contacts from there and I got two pairs ( UV blue and black ) and we were both totally satisfied with them for the price. They're soft lenses. He whined a bit since he's not really used to contacts, and I noticed they moved around a bit in my eyes since the contacts are only one size and slightly larger than my regular ones... but for the price and a couple hour wear to give a costume that extra oomph, they're well worth the $10-$30. Tons of cosplayers would vouch for non prescription coloured ones from sites like this as well but just keep in mind it's always a risk and that you should always look into it beforehand to make a well informed and comfortable decision that you're confident with. :)

This is why I love this site.

Aelynn ... I love you, and I want to have your baby! :lol
Seriously, though. Thank you SO MUCH for sending this link to me!

I think that colored bodysuit actually looks really good and its a time saver compared to doing full makeup.

I wasn't reallly expecting a colored bodysuit to work so well. It really plays! I've wanted to do Mystique prosthetics for someone for a long time and this is just pushing it that much further. Really wanted to do a comic style like the costume your putting together but with a makeup that's a little bit of a cross between comic and movie on the exposed sections. Play with the skin texture a little bit. Yellow contacts, etc. You're bringing this idea back now...

Hm, I think using a hentai suit that has an open neck could be a great alternative to a full body makeup.

GG, costume looks great, really curious how it looks once put on

Michael

Michael, I think you mean zentai suit...lol XD

prooobably not a good idea to search for hentai suits...lol

This is looking awesome! I'm hoping to finish up Gambit for my boyfriend and Rogue for myself, before Dragon*con this year!

@aelynn: Do those contacts really have only a 90 life span?? Or is the flexible?

This is looking awesome! I'm hoping to finish up Gambit for my boyfriend and Rogue for myself, before Dragon*con this year!

@aelynn: Do those contacts really have only a 90 life span?? Or is the flexible?

Usually most cheaper lenses come with a 30 or 90 day limitation. But this would be wearing everyday. Ive got lenses that are that limitation but as long as you refresh the solution the lenses are kept in every month, they keep for much much longer. A good guide is - once the lenses start to feel soft, then its time to bin them.
Just use good solution, good sealing cases and keep the lenses clean and moist and they will last around a year.
Also dont take them out of their blister case/sealed bottles until the day before you plan to use them. This will give them a longer life once your start wearing them.

Ooh i was going to say, the stockings idea works well. I know you just tried the costume on for photos, but remember to get a skin coloured thong, so it doesnt show through the stocking.

Ooh i was going to say, the stockings idea works well. I know you just tried the costume on for photos, but remember to get a skin coloured thong, so it doesnt show through the stocking.

I tried it on with the nude bodysuit I'm planning on wearing, and it looks a million times better. I'll take pictures when I get more work done on the dress.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back