My Mystique (FINISHED! Pics on page 3)

Re: My Mystique

Good job!!!!!!!!! Wasn't sure it would look good with the blue bodysuit but you've really got the classic Mystique look down pat!!!!!

Usually most cheaper lenses come with a 30 or 90 day limitation. But this would be wearing everyday. Ive got lenses that are that limitation but as long as you refresh the solution the lenses are kept in every month, they keep for much much longer. A good guide is - once the lenses start to feel soft, then its time to bin them.
Just use good solution, good sealing cases and keep the lenses clean and moist and they will last around a year.
Also dont take them out of their blister case/sealed bottles until the day before you plan to use them. This will give them a longer life once your start wearing them.

Thanks Sakara!

Sweet--Classics Mystique is always great. Good job!

Bookmarking the thread for future updates. Can't wait to see the finished costume.

ah a nude bodysuit, yeah that wil work very well evening out the skin underneath for amore uniform blue. Doubling up the stockings might help, or may make Mystique's 'skin' look too fabricy.

Wondering if using a spray paint in a blue sprayed lightly on the tights when worn (perhaps have a friend to help there) would give back a more natural skin sheen to the tights material.

If nothing else, this is passable for Free Comic Book Day. Most people would just see a Mystique and say "HOLY CRAP I WANT A PICTURE!" I've got plenty of time to work on it before a convention.

Very nice so far :) I may have missed it, but what will you be using to paint your face? (It's sometimes real hard to match the same color as fabric.)

Allen

Very nice so far :) I may have missed it, but what will you be using to paint your face? (It's sometimes real hard to match the same color as fabric.)

Allen

I'm using a royal blue from Ben Nye. I'm going to test and see how accurate it really is. It LOOKS like it's the same color, but I want to make sure.

This is looking great so far! I'd suggest maybe making the dress a tad tighter on top? Its looks a bit loose under your bust? Maybe just the photo.
Love how the stockings are looking.

Looks good so far. I'm glad to hear that you'll have a chance for a test run. Make sure you get some pics there so you can see if there's anything you need to change before a convention.

Here's the result of my makeup test:
DSCF0607.jpg

Close enough match that I'm not going to fret about it. Also, obviously I'm not putting makeup on my hands, as I'm wearing gloves. Just thought this would be the easiest way to show the two colors together.

Personally, I'm a big fan of full body makeup.. I did a Mystique before with the blue spandex suit (no.. I will not post pics of that horrible costume ) and I was so bummed because it really didn't look "authentic" to me.

Now.. I'm a perfectionist at heart.. and I want to make sure it looks as true to the comic character I'm cosplaying.. but yes.. I can understand budget and time savers as well.

However, if you can find a professional to do your body makeup... you will not regret it!!

BTW: where did you get the skulls from? They look awesome!

Good Luck!

-Damaris

If someone was closer I'd do this makeup on them... I'd want to integrate some prostetic pieces though too. With contacts, and custom sculpted, fabricated skull work.

Personally, I'm a big fan of full body makeup.. I did a Mystique before with the blue spandex suit (no.. I will not post pics of that horrible costume ) and I was so bummed because it really didn't look "authentic" to me.

Now.. I'm a perfectionist at heart.. and I want to make sure it looks as true to the comic character I'm cosplaying.. but yes.. I can understand budget and time savers as well.

However, if you can find a professional to do your body makeup... you will not regret it!!

BTW: where did you get the skulls from? They look awesome!

Good Luck!

-Damaris

I got the skulls from my local costume shop. They went back in their Halloween Inventory for me because I used to work there and they like me. XD

I would have opted for makeup, but I don't have an airbrush, and I don't trust myself ... or anyone else in my area ... to give me the even look I need.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back