Movies you hate that everyone else likes

The Original Star Wars, and that Gosh Awful Empire Strikes Back. The Prequels were awesome films though. Truly inspired film making.

Just kidding, nobody trace my I.P. and kill me in my sleep, :)

What you CONSTANTLY fail to understand is movies that focus on strong female characters RARELY make money.

ALIENS? The Sound of Music? Kill Bill? Fargo? Silence of the Lambs? Resident Evil movies? Flightplan? Or how about my personal favorite, Secret of NIMH? Or how about the billion dollar grossing Alice in Wonder Land?

I don't think it's a matter of female characters rarely making money, I think it's a matter of studios rarely making movies about female characters. There is such an abundance of movies, both good, bad, successful and disastrous that are focused on male leads that the issue on whether they succeeded or not because of gender is never brought up. But when a movie has a female lead and either succeeds or flops, that gets bigger notice. You can look at Catwoman, Aeon Flux, Electra or even Barb Wire for examples on how women don't sell, but when you look at the real issue on why these movies were bad, I guarantee you it's not because the lead character didn't have a dick.

And no matter how many times you bring it up here. That isn't going to change a thing. Get over it.

You never know. :cool

Hmmm...movies I hate(can't stomach) that everyone lese thinks are awsome...

1. Titanic-What an over glorified P.O.S made by a director I typically really like.Visually stunning as usual...but soft everywhere else.It was sappy, lame and was historically inacurate.

2. Sucker Punch-its mostlty just a cheap,strip tease movie to appease the "male audience"

3. Skyline..an insult to every fantastic science fiction film ever made.I can't believe their were folks out there that were comparing this film to Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

4. All of the Star Wars prequels.George demonstraits his inability to write coherent scripts/stories and just shows off all the CGI he can have squeezed into each film.I can't recall anything visually memorible or anything special about any of the films.He more or less *killed* Star Wars

5.Spriderman 2 and 3-both poorly made and executed.The second one wasn't as bad, but the thrid one sucked like no other.

6. Wolverine-not the film it was advertised to be.It was a big let down.

7. I hate just about every film that Will Ferrel is in except for; Stranger than Fiction, Old School and Elf.

8. X-Man 3 wasn't the film I was anticipating.It was'nt horrible, but it cold have been a great deal better.

9. Most every film that Mathew Macaunahay (I'm sure I butchered his name) was in say for an elite 2-3,the rest suck.

10. Gangs of New York. Not one of Scorsese's best by a long shot despite Danial Day Lewis being the only awsome actor in it.

Those are the first ten I could think of.

The Superman movies...

The whole "spin the earth backward to reverse time" thing just ruined the movie and since the other movies were continuations of that story, that means that any trouble Superman got into, he could just do that so all the other movies were spoiled as well. I can't believe the original idea for II was to have it end by doing the same thing again. Ugg.

Why does spinning the earth in the other direction reverse time? Why does everything go back to the way it was before but not the missiles. Wouldn't those just relaunch again? Why can Superman fly fast enough to reverse the spin of the earth but has so much trouble chasing down the missiles?

And worse of all why would Superman be in love with Lois Lane. First of all, she looked like Margot Kidder, she had no redeeming qualities. What was it that he ever saw in her?

And I know this is not really a favorite movie but I need to rant about ....

Star Trek: Generations

If you can go back to any point in time and anywhere, why would you only give yourself five minutes to complete your task? Did Picard just love a good challenge? Why not go back a couple weeks, save your brother and nephew from the fire. And then the first time he see Soren, stun the crap out of him. No fuss, no muss. Not only that but you save your ship as well. Once again... Ugg.

I don't necessary loath the series but my collective interest in the Lord of the Rings trilogy is tolerable at best, cinematic and well made films indeed but engaging to me not so much. There really isn't anything I've seen or resonated with in the characters or story to lure me in were others have.

Ah yes, JPollachi reminded me of another: X Men 3 (or X3, or whatever).

I rented all three of the movies and watched them in a row right before Origins came out. After being positively engrossed in the first two films, I was stoked for the third one...but for whatever reason it was a major letdown.

I think a lot of it was because I was pissed about Cyclop's death. Seriously, one of the stupidest deaths in any movie. I don't remember him being butchered like that in any of the comics, but I'm not an expert. I would have turned the movie off right then and there but I kept convincing myself that he was going to survive in the end.

It seemed like there was a lot of pacing and plot issues...for instance the kid with the angel wings (sorry, name escapes me. Icarus?) had a wonderfully set-up and important introduction and then played virtually no role in the film at all. And again, Cyclop's death seemed like an afterthought.

I wasn't totally convinced by the "mutant war" that finished the film...for some reason it just didn't seem all there, and it was anything but exciting to me.

Come to think of it though, I'm not sure this was a film that "everyone else likes".

Ironman
Scarface

Most modern films annoy or bore me to be honest.
I agree as much as I like it, Superman was a mess. Superman Returns wasn't that bad actually, not great, but not crap.

LOTR & The Godfather. These were both just long tedious with the long 'epic' musical sequences and if I'm honest I feel asleep after the first 2 hours.

Quantum of Solace (not really hate) I didn't like the "I'm on speed" cinematography, also it didn't really feel like one of the classic bond films I love which I was really hoping for, needed gadgets and Q and it just made me hate M.
Oh and for me the story telling was bad, you shouldn't have to rely on the location readout at the bottom of the screen to guess what Bond is doing.

It was like
Bond's in the Mediterranean
now he's in Britain
now he's in the Caribbean
now he's on a boat
and I am just sat there wondering why he is on a world tour.

Rocky, probably should have known not to watch this as I'm not keen on watching men beat each other's faces in and dribble.....Rambo on the other hand :)

Everything with Steve Martin, he loves to ruin whatever he's in.

Spiderman 2, Peter spends 2 films pouting and trying to get the girl, she wants him then he's like ...."Naahh."

Not a film but everyone seems to like it; Fawlty Towers, predictable, I don't think it's funny and I dislike all the characters, much like The Office.

Star Trek: Generations

If you can go back to any point in time and anywhere, why would you only give yourself five minutes to complete your task? Did Picard just love a good challenge? Why not go back a couple weeks, save your brother and nephew from the fire. And then the first time he see Soren, stun the crap out of him. No fuss, no muss. Not only that but you save your ship as well. Once again... Ugg.

Well, he couldn't go back weeks in time to save his brother and nephew and then go stop Soren. Temporal Prime Directive, dude (or as many hardcore Trek fans may know it as Regulation 157, Section 3 (Paragraph 18)). Not to mention, saving them both would have more than likely cause an unforeseen consequence that you wouldn't realize until it was too late (I refer to the movie Frequency as an example).

Plus, I think that there may be some Starfleet regulation that doesn't allow the use of time travel for personal gain (or I'm confusing it with Back to the Future Part II).

Last edited:
Skyline..an insult to every fantastic science fiction film ever made.I can't believe their were folks out there that were comparing this film to Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
Wait, someone liked Skyline?

Sent from my Apple Newton

The Superman movies...

The whole "spin the earth backward to reverse time" thing just ruined the movie and since the other movies were continuations of that story, that means that any trouble Superman got into, he could just do that so all the other movies were spoiled as well. I can't believe the original idea for II was to have it end by doing the same thing again. Ugg.

Well, the first one wasn't supposed to end this way, they used the second movie's ending on the first one. Still....

But that's the trouble with any time travel in movies. You can usually pick them apart pretty easily.

The Office.

I didn't like either version of The Office either, but Parks and Recreation is awesome.

I don't like anything Joss Whedon has done until The Avengers. Dollhouse had potential, but I can't see how Buffy, Angel, and especially Firefly are so popular. And I usually like everything.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back