Metal Gear Solid Costumes

Yeah, I love that FoxHound patch. It's not too obvious, but easy to spot for fans of the game.

I, for one, think Tom Jane would make a good Snake. At this point, I'm still not quite sure about how the movie will turn out, but I just want it to be good.

- John

If only kurt russell was younger i think he would have been perfect for live action snake.
kurt.jpg

EscapeFromNY213.jpg

EscapeFromNY206.jpg

Last edited:
He was the main inspiration for the character, so...
But Snake is taller!:D

In MGS2 when Snake is a, let's call it "fugitive" his codename was Iroquois Pliskin... A quite obvious reference;)

Well even his codename "Snake" was a reference to escape from NY... The entire Intro sequence and story of MGS1 was taken by EFNY as well! :D

NO, he was the inspiration for the cover arwork, that's it.
Kojima said that Kurt Russell and his character of Snake Plissken was the main inspiration for his game.;)

Yep, that's exactly right. The name and personality of Solid is directly linked to Plisskin. I love how the infiltration in MGS1 is practically identical to "Escape".

- John

Yep, the main difference is a modified torpedo instead of a glider...:D
Even some shots of the intro are similar!

Yeah, it was a glider in NY...Now go watch "LA" again...He uses a "one man SDV"...nearly identical to MGS! Actually, the whole concept for MGS is much like both escape movies "Fox Die"= the "Plutoxin Virus"... I won't say anything else due to spoilers, but just think about that.

- John

Last edited:
I know, I know, anytime I see an "escape" movie I think about MGS (with a large smile on my face, and people still wonder why!:D)

I had always heard that but i didn't know if it was just a rumor kind of like the rumor i was told years ago kurt would be playing snake in a film. I make the connection in MGS2 when snaked used the code name Iroquois Pliskin with raiden.
Also Snake being taller isn't to much of a big deal. Look at X-men the movie
Huge jackmen is what 6'2 in the comic's Logan is 5'3.

He was the main inspiration for the character, so...
But Snake is taller!:D

In MGS2 when Snake is a, let's call it "fugitive" his codename was Iroquois Pliskin... A quite obvious reference;)

Well even his codename "Snake" was a reference to escape from NY... The entire Intro sequence and story of MGS1 was taken by EFNY as well! :D

It's been so long since i seen the Escape films it never hit me till now:lol

Yeah, it was a glider in NY...Now go watch "LA" again...He uses a "one man SDV"...nearly identical to MGS! Actually, the whole concept for MGS is much like both escape movies "Fox Die"= the "Plutoxin Virus"... I won't say anything else due to spoilers, but just think about that.

- John

Last edited:
Need to find someone in the UK who I can ask to put something together for me lol If I do it, it will be the worst cosplay you've ever seen :p

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back