Merkymerx's The Amazing Spider-Man Build using Sonjou's Pattern (Pic Heavy)

Got some pics from the convention, you guys!

Not too many clear shots as I wasn't able to wear this suit very long due to some issues that arose. Seams started popping and the lenses fogged up like crazy. Since the sewing was done on the day itself, I didn't have enough time to glue on the back spider :( That's the reason why I'm wearing a backpack for some shots. It also served to hide the seams that popped open.

Basically everything was rushed so things weren't as clean as I wanted them to be.

Despite the issues, I had a ton of fun wearing it! I'm not completely satisfied with the outcome due to all the issues but I still had a blast being Spidey! So many people wanted to touch the suit and feel the texture haha! I'm very happy that it was received well :)

Photos are from various friends.

560718_3809846490953_1031616052_n.jpg

308086_3809844970915_2006226960_n.jpg

My girlfriend dressed up as Zero from Megaman. We did a Marvel vs. Capcom group that day.

302593_3809845410926_595378413_n.jpg

561478_3809844610906_1705420457_n.jpg

429980_3809845890938_1745952233_n.jpg

560513_3809846050942_12028956_n.jpg

560724_3809846250947_1220911328_n.jpg

Thank you so much to everyone who made my costume possible! I had an absolutely amazing experience dressing up as my favorite superhero for the very first time! Couldn't have done it without everyone's help and encouragement here on the boards :)

I'll be selling various parts of the costume on the JY soon. Shoes (size 10), AZ Spidey shell, and licensed eyeware will be sold as a set only. Will be reworking my Joelai lenses too and I might offer those up for sale as well.

Thanks again for all the great comments and help on my build! Will be upgrading my whole suit soon enough :D

Cheers!

Looks sweet bro! Hope you're able to get it fixed up soon.

Why are you selling parts of it?

Hey! :) Thanks so much for the compliments!

Actually, I'm redoing the whole suit haha! Starting from the very beginning :D

Selling parts as I'll be getting ones that fit my needs better. The shoes for example, turned out to be a little too large. Also, I've decided to make my own face shell that will conform specifically to the frames I will be making. As for my Joelai frames, I'll need to sell them to reclaim some costs so I could upgrade my suit print.

Wow.
That Zero costume is maybe one of the best costumes I have ever seen.
Looks great on her.
Your suit looks great too. Was there puffy on it?

Absolutely fantastic, man! I am so sorry for the problems you had with different parts of the suit... As I can see, the lenses were not glued on the suit very good or did they detach while you were wearing the suit? However, your final result is wonderful! Good luck with your all new Spidey project!

It's at the seamstress now getting sewn. She'll get in touch for a test fitting day soon, so I'm just playing the waiting game xD

Oh ok! Got it! I am in the same situation, waiting news from the seamstress for my Taylor's print...

Wow.
That Zero costume is maybe one of the best costumes I have ever seen.
Looks great on her.
Your suit looks great too. Was there puffy on it?

She'd be really glad to hear that, Mercy :D

Thank you! Yup the whole suit was puff painted (save for the back spider sections)

Absolutely fantastic, man! I am so sorry for the problems you had with different parts of the suit... As I can see, the lenses were not glued on the suit very good or did they detach while you were wearing the suit? However, your final result is wonderful! Good luck with your all new Spidey project!

No worries, man! It's all part of the learning process. This is a real tricky suit to get right the first time. The lenses unfortunately detached a bit from the suit while I was wearing them.

But thank you for the compliments! I really appreciate it!

Finally a sonjou print, all sewn up, looks really good :thumbsup

Thanks a lot man! Sonjou's prints are some of the best out there :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back