Black/symbiote Spider-man dye sublimation suits

Snostorm

I'm looking to get another spidey suit and looking at a black suit. I want it to be pure black without web patterns or textures, just the white spider on the chest/back. Has anyone tried dye-sub printing a black suit on blue stretch fabric so that when the suit stretches, the blue will show through like how he's shaded in the comics? Will this work?

I'm looking to get another spidey suit and looking at a black suit. I want it to be pure black without web patterns or textures, just the white spider on the chest/back. Has anyone tried dye-sub printing a black suit on blue stretch fabric so that when the suit stretches, the blue will show through like how he's shaded in the comics? Will this work?
I assume it would be possible, though I don't know if the effect will be what you want. Places that do custom dye-subs will print samples for you, so you should probably do that if you really want to know how it'll look.

That said, if you print onto blue fabric, you won't be able to have the white spider design printed, as the dye-sub process doesn't have white ink. Any white/light parts of a dye-sub design need to be printed on white fabric.

While you could have the suit printed without the white spider, you'd have to apply it later, either by white paint or by a white fabric or appliqué of some kind laid on top of the suit.

But if you opt not to have the spider printed as part of the suit, and don't want any other details printed, then it seems kind of unnecessary to have it dye-sub printed. It'll be basically just a black suit, which you can find a basic black spandex for cheaper than the cost of a custom made dye-sub suit.

Last edited:
I assume it would be possible, though I don't know if the effect will be what you want. Places that do custom dye-subs will print samples for you, so you should probably do that if you really want to know how it'll look.

That said, if you print onto blue fabric, you won't be able to have the white spider design printed, as the dye-sub process doesn't have white ink. Any white/light parts of a dye-sub design need to be printed on white fabric.

While you could have the suit printed without the white spider, you'd have to apply it later, either by white paint or by a white fabric or appliqué of some kind laid on top of the suit.

But if you opt not to have the spider printed as part of the suit, and don't want any other details printed, then it seems kind of unnecessary to have it dye-sub printed. It'll be basically just a black suit, which you can find a basic black spandex for cheaper than the cost of a custom made dye-sub suit.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I was planning on having the white spider screen-printed onto the suit. I already have a fullblack suit with a sewn white spider, but I wanted something a little more visually interesting. I really don't like having the muscle shading printed on the suit itself so I wondered if this could be a way to add a little color to the suit. I know black fabric won't take up blue dye well, but will it show up in certain lighting? Has anyone made this mistake on their suit and can comment?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back