Merkymerx's The Amazing Spider-Man Build using Sonjou's Pattern (Pic Heavy)

Is it normal to apply the puff paint before sewing or can it work the other way around?

I think to meet my deadline I may have to sew first!

Is it normal to apply the puff paint before sewing or can it work the other way around?

I think to meet my deadline I may have to sew first!

Of course you can apply puff paint onto the suit after sewing. But it will be more difficult and you have to have a mannequin to display the suit in order to manage to paint it...

Full reveal coming soon! Having this sewn up tomorrow. I'm extremely worried and excited :D

561062_3743526472994_924858942_n.jpg

Mother of God! That's absolutely ****ing RAW dude!

can anyone direct me as to where to make this or get the file, I'm new here and not sure of the etiquette lol cheers

You have to look around for patterns to buy but the place for sales is the junkyard. That will be the button on the far right of the top of the page. There you can search something like "Amazing Spiderman suit pattern" or whatever you want and it will give you the results of people who are selling these kinds of suits hope this helped.

cheers

Oh my ballz!
That looks awesome!
Tell us more about your spider please
Was that all puff paint? What layers do you speak of?
Did you let any part of it dry then come back?
Amaaaazing

Sorry for not replying to your comments guys. Haven't had the chance to as I was extremely busy working a lot of thing out.

Wow, finished already!? mad props man, can't wait to see the final result

Thank you! I'm proud to say I got the puff paint done in less than 3 weeks. It hasn't been much fun though doing it in such a short time. It's currently being sewn right now. Took a bit longer than expected since my friend who's sewing it for me got sick and ran into some problems at work.

This is why I always check this thread out when an update comes. Can't wait to see this complete!

Thanks man. I really hope it reaches the con in time!

Oh my ballz!
That looks awesome!
Tell us more about your spider please
Was that all puff paint? What layers do you speak of?
Did you let any part of it dry then come back?
Amaaaazing

Thank you for the compliment :) Regarding the Spider, it's quite simple. After outlining, I started out with a thin layer for the fabric to absorb. I let that dry and built it up in about 2 or 3 more layers, making sure to fill in all the "bumps" in each previous layer.

I keep going back to your pics for reference.
I just completed all my red.
But I'm looking at yours to see what you outlined in either red or black.
Like at the top of the red glove I see you did a red outline which looks great.
Did you put a red outline on the back belt?
Your black lines are flawless. I'm scared to start drawing lines.
Really impressive work.

Hey erm I need help. The applicator tip you used is plastic, is it better to use metal or plastic tip ? Cause Im afraid the plastic is soft and the paint coming out might not be too good as metal is solid there. I want to transfer the paint into smaller bottles, was planning to use a syringe and suck it out and place it in but Im afraid the chemical inside might react and interfere with my results when I squeeze them out through the tip. Help guys?

Hey btw you said you used that stretchy glue for the spider at the back, I thought you used the puffy for it and just did a few layers so it wont be too wet. So why do you need that glue? Is it alright to just apply the back spider completely by the slick paint? thanks!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back