Mens boots - not fair!!! (Han Solo,pirate...)

You can try retailers who carry plus size clothes for larger women, instead of mainstream boutiques.

I wear a men's size 10, so a ladies size 12 fits. Plus size retailers usually carry women's shoes/boots up to at least size 14 (men's 12).

I thought that was just a joke from "King of the Hill". I wish I had thought of that two months ago.

Sent from my other Etch-A-Sketch

Just found this thread. I couldn't agree more. My extra thing to add is that I wear a size 13 E which means it's even harder to find boots that fit. They either make them in 13 D (could be ok if it's a wide D) or 13 EEE (wayyyy too wide).

Good to see you got your boots, though. Good luck with the costume!

Here is the deal. I would love to have leather riding boots.

Both pairs of these boots were about $40. The new ones are rubber riding boots the old ones are vinyl costume boots.
Neither fit very comfortably. The new ones look like leather and are a good shape.
Pain to get off. If I am shot by a bountyhunter, don't worry about getting the boots off.

This style is always a pain to get on and off. You require a boot jack to make the removing of them easier.

What size do you wear? I have a pair of Han boots in size 10 that I am willing to part with. PM me if this is of any interest.

I needed knee-high boots for Faramir, Jack Sparrow, and anything from Assassin's Creed, but SithCamaro's tutorial on making Jack Sparrow boots was invaluable... probably using that method for the others as well. Otherwise it's back to thrift stores and ebay *cue wallet pangs*

Those are, for the most part, the Pleaser / Funtasman shoes, though it is and impressive selection. I have used them in several theatrical productions and they have survived even on long tours. The heel caps tend to fall off, but you can glue those back on.
They are vinyl, and do not breath at all! So if you have foot odor problems, these will compound those.

These are cheep alternatives for seldom used costumes.

I am happy with the result for $40. I have people looking for used riding boots for me.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back