Men in Black MIB Pulsar project

Looking great Glenn! How do you plan to tackle the little alien inside? I would think pouring clear resin into the chamber so you don't have to worry about leakage would be your best bet.

Thanks guys, Pat that is something to think about. Clear resin would take care of the leaking issue. Making sure its bubble free may be an issue though. I would have to look at the price too, last time I looked good stuff was not cheap. I need to get a pressure pot to do it right.
I am going to start getting this shell prepped to mold. I need to back all the slots and top holes with fiberglass to keep the silicone from filling the shell up.. Also going to see if I can get some decent clay locally this weekend so I can make the mold jacket. I want to get it molded so I can cast up a shell to continue clean up and cut all the separate pieces off the receiver.

Yah! I can't wait to see more on this.
I was able to handle the original hero one and the tri-barrel as well, and they were amazing to see in person. I would love to have one of my own. hint, hint...

A very little update. Due to financial and health issues I have not been doing any prop stuff for quite awhile. Got a hair yesterday and finally got around to molding the first side of the pulsar. I originally made a fiberglass mold jacket but ended up going with a standard mold box. Not really much to show but it is what it is. As soon as I save up for another couple gallons of silicone ill do the other half. In other words.....it may be a little while. lol

Z6C0vDR.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, just found this thread and the blaster looks amazing, great work. I have a production made stunt tri-barrel that I have been meaning to try to bring up to scratch for ages so this will inspire me to get on with it. On the point with the clear container for the fluid and alien I had the same dilemma and opted for using the contents of one of those oil and water toy balls so that if you left it standing the fluid would be clear on top and blue on the bottom but if moved the fluid would mix and be all blue until it settled again, but my container is much smaller and a round flying saucer shape. Had this up and running once and it looked good but did have a slight leakage problem so back to the drawing board. Anyway will watch your thread with great interest and keep up the great work! :thumbsup

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Johnny, yes same style alien tank is used on the tribarrel too. I plan on building up my tribarrel after this is done. What did you use for the saucer shaped tank? Are the front of your barrels intact? Mine are missing the end piece so I plan on just redoing all the front barrel assembly out of aluminum. Would love to get a look at the barrel ends if you have any pics.
thx

Whoo Hoo!
I'm curious what you are going to use for a mother mold to support the rubber when you make castings?
I want one of these SOOO bad!

Thank you everyone.

No need for a mother mold Duncanator. Im only laying a thin fiberglass and epoxy shell in each mold half.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back