MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

You won't need a flux capacitor to fulfill your density because the first ever Hoverboard prop replica from the classic Back to the Future™ trilogy is right here.

Another lie! It isn't the first Hoverboard replica, it's just the first licensed!

I wish there were some of these going out early, so we know what to expect when they arrive. Well I'm keeping my preorder out of curiosity.

I wish there were some of these going out early, so we know what to expect when they arrive. Well I'm keeping my preorder out of curiosity.

It's going to be pretty much the exact same board shown at the NYCC. Lots of pics posted earlier in the the thread.

Stephen Clark from BTTF.com got one.

https://twitter.com/BTTFcom/status/274647460633272321
"Just received our review sample Hoverboard from @MattyCollector! And no, they still don't work on water!"

A8--aQnCYAIuUck.jpg

OMFG it's so full of fail on every level.

The sound effects?!! They sound like some ****** bag at mattel just make some sounds with his mouth.

Besides the raised text and screw holes, the battery...err, I mean "polarity reversing acceleration booster" (?!) appears to be the most accurate part of this. And considering I've already mentioned two errors with it, that's saying something.

It'll still make a fairly good display piece, and all of our friends will still ooh and ahh over the fact that it's a Hoverboard...even if we personally suffer in silence over all of the minutiae.

I asked for one for a gift, so assuming I get it, I will add this to my display. And since people are more likely to make a grab for this piece than say a Maltese Falcon or a replica of a novel that doesn't really exist, I won't feel bad letting my friends get some enjoyment out of this as well.

...then, I can continue to work on an accurate board all for myself, that I will not let my friends near. :lol

See, maybe it's for the best.

-Nick

What the hell? Has the foot pad always bee recessed into the Mattel board like that? It looks like bantha dung. Yuck.

Yep. From the beginning. Was pointed out to Mattel long ago. They pretty much ignored everyone's advice on all of the inaccuracies and just tweaked the graphic from March to October.

It was obvious from the very beginning once a decision was made they were not going to correct an error. Everything Scott tried to defuse was done only with a lie. It is interesting they decided to go with a "prop replica" after noting when thing got hot it was a "toy". Just another example of diffusing critics with a quick lie and hoping people would not notice later. Scott wants to be a Teflon don.
You have a stylized board that is not accurate, that cannot be stood on, that has effects like sliding, if you do slide it it damages the display surface, sound that you cannot easily turn on and off, lack of accurate stickers, wrong materials obvious not screen accurate and poor quality over all.
All the key issues, accuracy, quality graphics, proportions on the anti-gravity pads, materials and capabilities was a fail as noted far in advance by BTTF fans trying to help. It is a shame as this could have been something really special and instead was a typical no thought quick to production piece of crap representation.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back