MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

What a ******** waste... I had so much faith in Mattel when I ordered four of these friggin things in March. So much hope.

What a great opportunity that they completely blew.

The biggest finger I'll give over their is to Scott Neitlich after he made the "So far from final... not even close" update video. What a piece of work. They literally changed two simple design elements after that which would have taken any person 1 hour in photoshop. He even said, "We get that some of the sizing off with these rivets... so far from final." What a slime ball. They were simply trying to silence the hounds and had no intention of changing anything because it was too late... and they knew it.

Awful. Just awful.

I think I'll display all my eventual Marty hoverboards (don't feel like calling them "Mattel" boards right now) side by side—this one, a lenticular hand-made board , and a handmade photoboard.

But this one I'll keep in the box. When people ask, I'll say it's just too ugly to display out of the box.

I think I'll display all my eventual Marty hoverboards (don't feel like calling them "Mattel" boards right now) side by side—this one, a lenticular hand-made board , and a handmade photoboard.

But this one I'll keep in the box. When people ask, I'll say it's just too ugly to display out of the box.

This is my plan to a T. :lol

"I wonder if the Mattel board can be modified? Might do that."

Word is that the pads on the bottom are molded into the board. Sounds like the top as well has some detailing that will make such a modification more difficult that it would to start from scratch.

Beyond the Marquee receives and review the Hover Board:

Matty Collector's Back to the Future Part 2, Hoverboard Prop Replica Review - YouTube

And a detailed link with pictures below:

Matty Collector’s Back to the Future Part 2, Hoverboard Prop Replica Review | BEYOND THE MARQUEE

And another review from JuliusMarxAFI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuH2C7EjP3Y

How about that... :confused

The funny thing about these videos it's the farting noise when "unboxing the box" LOL

Overall, even the board not beeing "ACCURATE AT THE MINIMUM DETAIL", it looks nice and neat.

Last edited:
All the key issues, accuracy, quality graphics, proportions on the anti-gravity pads, materials and capabilities was a fail as noted far in advance by BTTF fans trying to help. It is a shame as this could have been something really special and instead was a typical no thought quick to production piece of crap representation.

Ah, but really tell us how you really feel. :lol

Just kidding, well said.

I think those BTM guys had the munchies. That was pretty funny.

At least it comes with a stand. It kinda looks like the one they used at the con. That's really the only positive feature of this thing. Far from redeeming, though.

I've always wanted a hover board replica that had a one-piece sticker that had very obvious air bubbles.... wait, no I didn't!

I am so glad I was able to cancel my order.

Glad I canceled my order. Saw the Pixel Dan video, I felt sorry for those of who maintained their order.

Honestly, how come they went from the near-perfect Ghost Trap to this disaster ? I don't get it.

By the way : Where's the mini hoverboard ? Where's the clear stand to put the Hoverboard on for display ? :thumbsdown

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back